Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocknet, Etherium or Maidsafe - which is the best?  (Read 2908 times)
TheWhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:43:05 AM

Why is not Supernet part of that lineup, out of curiosity?

because they haven't seen the light

blocknet is a clone of supernet. supernet is much further in development.

so I'm going to assume this is a troll thread by trying to give blocknet some credibility (by name dropping ethereum and maidsafe in the title).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:06:58 PM

Why is not Supernet part of that lineup, out of curiosity?

because they haven't seen the light

blocknet is a clone of supernet.

No it's not.

They have similar goals. But the code for each is being written from scratch by two completely different teams. Neither of which is even finished yet.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:26:51 PM

SuperNet
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:17:21 PM

I stick to coins with fair and transparent distribution. PERIOD!

I don't get why selling ICO coins is considered shady around here, but asking everyone to mine your coin based on a vague road map is somehow fair territory.

As much as people like to blame ICO's for the "death" of alt coins, i've witnessed far more POW scam coins over the last year than ICOs.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:43:32 PM

Ethereum > Maidsafe

This Blockshitscam is net even worth to mention.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
thompete

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:01:34 PM

Thoughts?

Ethereum is currently at the top, but it mostly depends on what happens after launch. Till then its a bit uncertain.

upstate

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:27:38 PM

How can you call something a scam when you can download and test the software?

"The vision is Privacy, Security and Freedom for all of the people of the world."

Who isn't going to support or use software that's main goal is what's stated on the line above?

People will use this software even if it isn't making them "tons of cash" just to be part of the movement. Look at all the people are supporting Tor for free by being relays?

I honestly could care if anybody in this string buys any of this coin but this whole project is a winner in my book.

I missed out on Bitcoin because I was so hesitant in throwing money at a "bad idea" but I will not be missing out on this one.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:38:18 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 12:06:50 AM by rdnkjdi

"The vision is Privacy, Security and Freedom for all of the people of the world."

Who isn't going to support or use software that's main goal is what's stated on the line above?

People will use this software even if it isn't making them "tons of cash" just to be part of the movement. Look at all the people are supporting Tor for free by being relays?

I honestly could care if anybody in this string buys any of this coin but this whole project is a winner in my book.

I missed out on Bitcoin because I was so hesitant in throwing money at a "bad idea" but I will not be missing out on this one.

My understanding is that maidsafe has been around since 2006.  I don't disagree with the mission statement.  I also don't disagree with feeding the poor, killing bad guys, or destroying the company known as Apple.  That doesn't mean whoever uses one of those things as a slogan is going to get my money.  I've seen half a dozen coins claim, try (not very hard) and die.  Not convinced that's what maidsafe is - it just isn't as simple as agreeing with the sales-line somebody throws at you.

Blocknet is a GreatValue brand of SuperNET ripped off by a pump and dump group + a desperate dev.  Both ideas I feel are pretty limited.  I haven't been able to have anyone explain how they're more than an exchange going on behind the scenes.  BlockNET is a scam.  SuperNET is a project to help someone offload a lot of their assets.

Ethereum is an ambitious project.  Some people hate how much money they've raised & feel it's been way over funded.  They've developed much more functional products than any of the other projects mentioned but have had an ongoing beta for almost a year now I think.  Bewarned the developers have awarded themselves ongoing bitcoin salaries + pretty good chunk of ether.  Basically a 4 year premine was sold upfront to fund the project.

They are all trying to do different things.

BlockNET/SuperNET - Decentralized exchange working as a middle man to do stuff with different currencies.  (Send bitcoin to bob using cryptonote technology by buying BBR's behind the scenes / sending them / exchanging them back for bitcoin / delivering to bob).  No volume will limit whatever practical use this might have to useless (IMO)

Maidsafe - Share computing and bandwidth resources between users and incentives by creating a coin that is harvested as you share your resources.

Ethereum - A programming language (that works on it's own blockchain - not bitcoins) to allow more than simple trust mechanisms to be achieved by consensus.  (They market DAPP alot which IMO belongs to Maidsafe more than eth ...)   Think reputation systems, crypto AirBNB/Uber, Decentralized Exchanges, Provably fair gambling, leveraged assets, etc.  Goal here is to have the best toolset possible by far to build these & more.  Who knows how things will go after they release the genesis block - but all beta releases have seemed to be fully functional and do what they say it's going to.  IBM forking their code means that it isn't just a smokescreen.

There is an alternative open source project somewhere recently to allow for a programmable blockchain to be plugged into any altcoin - was it called AT?  Automated Transactions?

Not to be a d*** - but if you're interested read the blogs of each of the websites / projects.  If they don't have blogs read their posts (think jl777 guy always just posts informal stuff so probably have to dig...& then synchest).  Look at who is associated with the projects.  In other words look at these three groups

prometh3us / Dan Metacalf (blocknet)
jl777 (supernet)
Nick Szabo / IBM (ethereum)
Maidsafe (?)

... try to find who is interested in which project.  It will help paint the picture for you.

Quality of reddit groups is also a good way to gauge quality of interest in a project outside of the pump and dump nature of the forums.
dan7777777 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:31:50 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Interesting. I am invested in Blocknet and Maidsafe for the record. 
CoinRocka

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:10:20 PM

My understanding is that maidsafe has been around since 2006.  I don't disagree with the mission statement.  I also don't disagree with feeding the poor, killing bad guys, or destroying the company known as Apple.  That doesn't mean whoever uses one of those things as a slogan is going to get my money.  I've seen half a dozen coins claim, try (not very hard) and die.  Not convinced that's what maidsafe is - it just isn't as simple as agreeing with the sales-line somebody throws at you.

Blocknet is a GreatValue brand of SuperNET ripped off by a pump and dump group + a desperate dev.  Both ideas I feel are pretty limited.  I haven't been able to have anyone explain how they're more than an exchange going on behind the scenes.  BlockNET is a scam.  SuperNET is a project to help someone offload a lot of their assets.

Ethereum is an ambitious project.  Some people hate how much money they've raised & feel it's been way over funded.  They've developed much more functional products than any of the other projects mentioned but have had an ongoing beta for almost a year now I think.  Bewarned the developers have awarded themselves ongoing bitcoin salaries + pretty good chunk of ether.  Basically a 4 year premine was sold upfront to fund the project.

They are all trying to do different things.

BlockNET/SuperNET - Decentralized exchange working as a middle man to do stuff with different currencies.  (Send bitcoin to bob using cryptonote technology by buying BBR's behind the scenes / sending them / exchanging them back for bitcoin / delivering to bob).  No volume will limit whatever practical use this might have to useless (IMO)

Maidsafe - Share computing and bandwidth resources between users and incentives by creating a coin that is harvested as you share your resources.

Ethereum - A programming language (that works on it's own blockchain - not bitcoins) to allow more than simple trust mechanisms to be achieved by consensus.  (They market DAPP alot which IMO belongs to Maidsafe more than eth ...)   Think reputation systems, crypto AirBNB/Uber, Decentralized Exchanges, Provably fair gambling, leveraged assets, etc.  Goal here is to have the best toolset possible by far to build these & more.  Who knows how things will go after they release the genesis block - but all beta releases have seemed to be fully functional and do what they say it's going to.  IBM forking their code means that it isn't just a smokescreen.

There is an alternative open source project somewhere recently to allow for a programmable blockchain to be plugged into any altcoin - was it called AT?  Automated Transactions?

Not to be a d*** - but if you're interested read the blogs of each of the websites / projects.  If they don't have blogs read their posts (think jl777 guy always just posts informal stuff so probably have to dig...& then synchest).  Look at who is associated with the projects.  In other words look at these three groups

prometh3us / Dan Metacalf (blocknet)
jl777 (supernet)
Nick Szabo / IBM (ethereum)
Maidsafe (?)

... try to find who is interested in which project.  It will help paint the picture for you.

Quality of reddit groups is also a good way to gauge quality of interest in a project outside of the pump and dump nature of the forums.

Really really like this response   Cool
bitcoin1992

Activity: 342

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:47:13 AM

I haven't had a chance to delve into the white paper yet, but the idea with Etherium is that it comes with a built-in programming language, so you can embed code into your coin, which in turn is embedded into the blockchain. That makes the coin incredibly versatile.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:55:53 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 04:13:42 AM by benthach

blocknet was a scam by prometheus pump and dump group as far as anyone knows.

Etherium is shady with their 'we might not even finish our project with your 20k btc investments' written in fine print on their actual contract. Not to mention many serious financial officials have doubts about its viability or vision. It just sounds way too unrealistic or vague.

Maidsafe - not much knowledge in that area. As far as I know, little in the way of scams or scandals such as those above.

blocknet never a pump you moron because it never or hardly pass it ipo/ico/ito price

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:09:09 AM

Maidsafe and Ethereum are still on my watchlist
Blocknet never made it to that observation

So from the above two would say Ethereum since they promise a release very damn quickly while Maidsafe is still a ways off for now.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
jmintuck

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:26:36 AM

Still waiting for the release of Ethereum . So wouldn't be able to comment on it yet.
As for the others, I am also pretty much unaware about them.
choochimil

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:00:26 AM

Not much faith in any of them. I would say NEM if it was on the list.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██