Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin worst investement 2014  (Read 4402 times)
Zendikar

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:05:59 AM

probably because bitcoin isn't an investment...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:14:56 AM

I think it will be a very good one in the next year
desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:48:53 AM

It would of been terrible investment for 2014 considering the numbers. Although I don't think of it as an investment. Also I think we will see a rise in 2015.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:41:33 AM

You have to give it time. Bitcoin didn't rise from $1 to $1200 overnight. It took years and it won't rise from $300 to $5k overnight. It'll take years. I think it's a great investment for long term BUT most people can't see that far.

Main reason price is suffering is because we have attracted too many day traders and short time investors since last October. They invest 100k and they're out when they've turned it into 150k leaving the market to suffer. There are millions of them in crypto + bitcoin. They need to leave.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
stockkid

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:07:07 AM

Yeah, it's been very bad. Fact is a fact.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:33:57 AM

You have to give it time. Bitcoin didn't rise from $1 to $1200 overnight. It took years and it won't rise from $300 to $5k overnight. It'll take years. I think it's a great investment for long term BUT most people can't see that far.

Main reason price is suffering is because we have attracted too many day traders and short time investors since last October. They invest 100k and they're out when they've turned it into 150k leaving the market to suffer. There are millions of them in crypto + bitcoin. They need to leave.

Traders are not the reason the price is 320$. The price is 320$ because the technology is great and Bitcoin will grow. Traders provide liquidity and help find the correct price faster
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 12:25:49 PM

Traders are not the reason the price is 320$. The price is 320$ because the technology is great and Bitcoin will grow. Traders provide liquidity and help find the correct price faster
This guy gets it. Traders aren't hurting anyone. Anti-bitcoin policies from Chinese dictators and scams lime Gox did the damage last year. That's over now and it's time to move on. $300 coins means it's buy and hold time.

OP is just yet another butthurt getrichquick failure nobody.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
dakota neat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:39:05 PM

OP created this thread to show everyone how butthurt he is  Cry
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:11:49 PM

Lol, well as butthurt as he may or may not be there is some truth to it as bitcoin's value hasn't performed very well, but I am sure there are plenty of things that have performed worse around the world - some bankrupt companies or failed investments etc,
picolo

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:38:14 PM

We'll see in 2015 that it is going to be a really good investment

If Bitcoin's price is stable in 2015 then goes up in 2016 it will be good enough Wink Let's wait for 2020 to see it was a good short-medium term investment.
drgonzo87

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:34:47 PM

Problem is that presently Bitcoin is coming out of a bubble, just like gold and silver. BC, gold and silver would've been great investments to buy in years ago, but now the price needs to drop to a sustainable and accurate market price. Only then will it continue its rise again, excepting some kind of economic catastrophe or the like. The question, as always, is where the actual price of bitcoin lies, or will lie.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:48:32 PM

Lol, well as butthurt as he may or may not be there is some truth to it as bitcoin's value hasn't performed very well, but I am sure there are plenty of things that have performed worse around the world - some bankrupt companies or failed investments etc,

You know who really made out in all of this?  People who invested their coins in one of those bitcoin scams you see in the securities section of this forum.
Their coins might be gone, but now that the coins they got robbed of aren't worth much anyhow, imagine how much better they feel about it!
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 07:57:39 PM

And heres how you shut the fanatics up,

So you love bitcoin, you say it will hit thousands of dollars, you say just wait it will get better, you say this is just another bubble as usual, BUT do you really believe that to be true if I hve agreat bargain for all of you fanatic false hope posters. ANd not before you say anything I did not buy these coins I mined them Smiley bSO I am not a stupid bubble buyer haha so get that outas your mind now, I just pulled a price out of thin air actually Smiley Heres you chance to back those checks up you write with those false hope posts, I have 22 bitcoins I will sell you for 830 dollars each. If you are a true fanatic and believe it will actually hit 1000 dollars again or even more than 1000 dollars you should have no problem buying my 22 offered bitcoins @ 830 dollars each right, Where are my takers? Awww come on guys dont be scared back up your false hope posts with a  little actions, buy now while I'm selling it low right ? I dont  want to hear your false hope advice I want you to show me how serious you are about your hopes and beliefs in bitcoin. Actions speak louder than words, show us some action now 830 USD per coin 22 coins who wants them?

I can buy 22 at $320 each. No wonder you're an awful investor. Lol

Like I said I did not buy the coins I mined them. the post is to show you fanatics you do not trust what you say. its all a bunch of hope,. If what the "believers" say was something worth value then you all would be happy to buy my coins at 830 USD.

as far as calling me an awfull investor, I did not buy the coins i mined them so what makes me a smart investor is the fact I wont sell them at 320 dollars. Hmmm how the tables turned on you huh.

2015 will be huge for bitcoin and certain alts
of this I am certain

Ok if you are so certain buy my 22 BTC @ 830a coin then, show us how certain you are about 2015.

thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:46:04 PM

So you love bitcoin, you say it will hit thousands of dollars, you say just wait it will get better, you say this is just another bubble as usual, BUT do you really believe that to be true if I hve agreat bargain for all of you fanatic false hope posters. ANd not before you say anything I did not buy these coins I mined them Smiley bSO I am not a stupid bubble buyer haha so get that outas your mind now, I just pulled a price out of thin air actually Smiley Heres you chance to back those checks up you write with those false hope posts, I have 22 bitcoins I will sell you for 830 dollars each. If you are a true fanatic and believe it will actually hit 1000 dollars again or even more than 1000 dollars you should have no problem buying my 22 offered bitcoins @ 830 dollars each right, Where are my takers? Awww come on guys dont be scared back up your false hope posts with a  little actions, buy now while I'm selling it low right ? I dont  want to hear your false hope advice I want you to show me how serious you are about your hopes and beliefs in bitcoin. Actions speak louder than words, show us some action now 830 USD per coin 22 coins who wants them?

I can buy 22 at $320 each. No wonder you're an awful investor. Lol

Like I said I did not buy the coins I mined them. the post is to show you fanatics you do not trust what you say. its all a bunch of hope,. If what the "believers" say was something worth value then you all would be happy to buy my coins at 830 USD.

as far as calling me an awfull investor, I did not buy the coins i mined them so what makes me a smart investor is the fact I wont sell them at 320 dollars. Hmmm how the tables turned on you huh.

2015 will be huge for bitcoin and certain alts
of this I am certain

Ok if you are so certain buy my 22 BTC @ 830a coin then, show us how certain you are about 2015.

If you are so certain it will fail and decrease more ill buy your 22 coins at 100 dollars each.  After all you mined them.  If you were a true believer that bitcoin is a terrible investment and will continue to decline in value, then you will sell them at $100 dollars each.

Oh wait, you don't believe, your full of shit, your a hypocrite for not taking my deal.  Why don't you make the deal? 
picolo

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:56:47 PM

Problem is that presently Bitcoin is coming out of a bubble, just like gold and silver. BC, gold and silver would've been great investments to buy in years ago, but now the price needs to drop to a sustainable and accurate market price. Only then will it continue its rise again, excepting some kind of economic catastrophe or the like. The question, as always, is where the actual price of bitcoin lies, or will lie.

We had a high price for two months then a correction that brought us higher than a year before. 3600 new BTC are mined everyday and miners sell a lot of them because of the high maintenance costs due to the relative low price and high difficulty.
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:48:35 PM

Let's all hope that this situation reverses in 2015
I personally think the truth in 2015 will be somewhere in between - which still hopefully means a decent rebound

Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:53:44 PM

If you are so certain it will fail and decrease more ill buy your 22 coins at 100 dollars each.  After all you mined them.  If you were a true believer that bitcoin is a terrible investment and will continue to decline in value, then you will sell them at $100 dollars each.

That's bitcoiner logic.
A normal person (looking to profit) wouldn't sell for $100 when he could just as easily sell for $300.  Because math.
resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:27:47 PM

It would of been terrible investment for 2014 considering the numbers. Although I don't think of it as an investment. Also I think we will see a rise in 2015.

Let's hope so, I am a bit supprised that russias inflation hasn't affected btc as much as I would have thought

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 03:42:57 PM

We had a high price for two months then a correction that brought us higher than a year before. 3600 new BTC are mined everyday and miners sell a lot of them because of the high maintenance costs due to the relative low price and high difficulty.

Too much supply and not enough demand at this point. When bitcoin had more of a shady reputation and was more difficult to purchase, the value was much higher. I think if bitcoin continues to move from a commodity to a currency, the price will continue to go down to balance out with other world currencies. If you can get a bitcoin as easy as you can a dollar or a euro, why would a bitcoin be worth 300x a dollar? Personally, I like bitcoin more as a commodity and a store of value than a traditional currency.
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:03:18 PM

haha. What is this a charity? You are in the running for dumbest post in the thread
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: