Bitcoin Forum
January 23, 2018, 04:01:54 PM *
News: Electrum users must upgrade to 3.0.5 if they haven't already. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal: split Economy > Marketplace > Goods in to regional subfora  (Read 492 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:42:35 PM

Im always interested in buying stuff with my bitcoin, but when the seller is on the other side of the ocean, it rarely makes sense due to shipping/taxes. So the vast majority of offers dont interest me, and I can usually only find out after actually clicking the topic and reading it.

Therefore I propose that forum be divided per continent or economic block (US/EU/Asia/other or something), while also having a "global" section for those purchases where buying across continents can be sensible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
hilariousandco
Gold Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1540

How does one bitcoin?

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:49:57 PM

It has been requested before but also shot down before. I personally don't think it's needed currently (though possibly in the future) but a better option would be if people put where they ship from or are willing to ship to in the title as I usually do if there's space.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1456

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 01:07:54 AM

I sell more to the US from the UK than I do to the UK or EU. Taxes can work both ways in terms of selling in and out of local regions.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 1246

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:48:31 PM

Im always interested in buying stuff with my bitcoin, but when the seller is on the other side of the ocean, it rarely makes sense due to shipping/taxes. So the vast majority of offers dont interest me, and I can usually only find out after actually clicking the topic and reading it.

Therefore I propose that forum be divided per continent or economic block (US/EU/Asia/other or something), while also having a "global" section for those purchases where buying across continents can be sensible.

I dont think there is a point in doing all these in the existing forum. AFAIK the new forum is coming in 2015. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.