Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:34:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EU banking union  (Read 1348 times)
Realpra (OP)

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 11:37:13 AM

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/29/business/eu-summit-deal/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The way I see this:
1. Corrupt governments in Italy, Spain and Greece will borrow money from banks.
2. They can't pay it back.
3. The good EU countries pay.
4. Banks get filthy rich and get the majority of the money.

In essence we are handing over everything to the banks just like the Americans with the FED, bailouts and Goldman Sachs.

What supports my thesis?
1. Only 15 billion EUR of the 410 billion sent to Greece actually wound up in the Greek economy - the rest? Pockets of BANKS.
(http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/06/16/europes-real-bailout-most-of-the-money-is-still-going-to-banks/)
2. Many of the key players have been tied to Goldman Sachs, Monti, Draghi etc.. The SAME bank that funded Obama the MOST.

With a banking union things will settle down for a while as Germany and my country etc. are "looted", but the problems will grow MUCH more severe in the meantime as all the corruption is allowed to further blossom and spread.

My question is; wtf do we do about it?
Sure BTC lets us save and hide a little wealth, but we will have to pay taxes in EUR or EUR-pegged currency at gun point!
What we can earn and hide in BTC will also diminish as they destroy the economy for their narrow benefits.

So yeah BTC, but what MORE?
1. Political parties anti EU.
2. Fliers about the bank "conspiracy" (pretty obvious)/youtube shows/etc. - political fight.
3. Hang politicians/bankers.
4. Huh

I am so pissed about this. I have a family and a kid on the way and these dbags are ruining their future if not mine for a few damn nickles.

Did you know the TOTAL investment in renewable energy in the WORLD is like 100 billion EUR? ONE of these lousy bailouts to the banks could basically give EVERYONE a job and grow the economy - ONE, not two; ONE.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:59:29 PM

Blame your parents.  They handed the future to the banks, and the future has finally come due.  The last forty years have been a debt-driven farce and anyone who thinks we can get back to it is insane.  They were running on "real economy" + "debt funding".  We'll have to deal with "real economy" - "debt repayment".  The only other way is default and that tends to piss off the banking class enough for them to create wars to recoup their losses.  No, wars are not overall productive, but when you get a cut for financing weapons production, then a cut for financing repairs after the destruction it's a win-win.  We can only hope this time the world realizes the shit they try to pull and makes it a war on entrenched banking interests instead of fighting against their brothers.  The whole world is in this mess and the enemy is within every country.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Realpra (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 05:16:57 PM

Blame your parents.  They handed the future to the banks, and the future has finally come due.  The last forty years have been a debt-driven farce and anyone who thinks we can get back to it is insane.  They were running on "real economy" + "debt funding".  We'll have to deal with "real economy" - "debt repayment".  The only other way is default and that tends to piss off the banking class enough for them to create wars to recoup their losses.  No, wars are not overall productive, but when you get a cut for financing weapons production, then a cut for financing repairs after the destruction it's a win-win.  We can only hope this time the world realizes the shit they try to pull and makes it a war on entrenched banking interests instead of fighting against their brothers.  The whole world is in this mess and the enemy is within every country.
I can't really blame my parents, they worked pretty hard as engineers so they helped build the nice stuff in the world.

That's the other thing that's annoying, that you have all these honest people working hard, doing their JOBS and since they are not politicians and that's not their job, they have no idea how their country and their work is misused.

Obviously I think a country should default if there is no way to pay it back. Once you start getting healthier countries to pay for it you are just begging for market chaos.

Many of these banks have already profited massively and been paid back and since their loans often have seniority (gets paid FIRST) over EU loans and the loans from normal people/investors its all a money machine to them.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:48:25 PM

Blame your parents.  They handed the future to the banks, and the future has finally come due.  The last forty years have been a debt-driven farce and anyone who thinks we can get back to it is insane.  They were running on "real economy" + "debt funding".  We'll have to deal with "real economy" - "debt repayment".  The only other way is default and that tends to piss off the banking class enough for them to create wars to recoup their losses.  No, wars are not overall productive, but when you get a cut for financing weapons production, then a cut for financing repairs after the destruction it's a win-win.  We can only hope this time the world realizes the shit they try to pull and makes it a war on entrenched banking interests instead of fighting against their brothers.  The whole world is in this mess and the enemy is within every country.
I can't really blame my parents, they worked pretty hard as engineers so they helped build the nice stuff in the world.

That's the other thing that's annoying, that you have all these honest people working hard, doing their JOBS and since they are not politicians and that's not their job, they have no idea how their country and their work is misused.

Obviously I think a country should default if there is no way to pay it back. Once you start getting healthier countries to pay for it you are just begging for market chaos.

Many of these banks have already profited massively and been paid back and since their loans often have seniority (gets paid FIRST) over EU loans and the loans from normal people/investors its all a money machine to them.

You are right, it's really the politicians fault.  There's only so much your (or my) parents could have done to influence that process.

Default seems the better way to go to me too; the problem is people don't know how to handle deflation anymore since we haven't seen it in such a long time.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:51:31 PM

I'm pissed off too. Truth must be known about this.

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 01:04:41 AM

… Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses

-Juvenal 100 C.E
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 09:12:25 PM

In essence we are handing over everything to the banks just like the Americans with the FED, bailouts and Goldman Sachs.

Yep.
What makes things worse in Europe is the fact there is no political union: European countries can't even agree on the simplest road safety measures.

When it comes to banks however, they do agree on handing over control to some supervisory entity , that will be staffed, guess what, by BANKERS..
You know, only bankers can understand our banking system.
Thank god, there is Goldman Sachs to advise our governments (like they advised the Greek government ten years ago, to get in the Euro zone, under the benevolent supervision of Mario Draghi, then a Goldman Sachs executive).

It's about time people start using some other currency, say Bitcoin, so they can sidestep this tyranny.

Realpra (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 10:10:23 PM

European countries can't even agree on the simplest road safety measures.
The "hilarious" thing is that my country has like some of the LEAST corrupted politicians in the world - only problem? They are pretty stupid.

They lack basic education and know nothing about the "master game" the banks are playing with them as puppets.

At least they have stumbled into renewable energy investments so the lights will stay on, but still...

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 12:59:31 AM

No, wars are not overall productive, but when you get a cut for financing weapons production, then a cut for financing repairs after the destruction it's a win-win.

You forgot a key point of the wars: to reduce the unemployment rate.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: