Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC will hit $8+ within one month of this thread.  (Read 9470 times)
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 01:57:37 AM

What is this prediction based on?

Gut feeling.

Many more to come.

Invest now.

What is your gut telling you now?   Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 07:15:56 AM

I'll take this as a yes:

Holy crap. All it takes is for the person bidding on the 25k btc at $8 to decide to buy now instead and we're in the $10s.
Lol walls like that are super fake. It would be taken down if you actually sold into it for a while.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 11:43:37 AM

I'll take this as a yes:

Holy crap. All it takes is for the person bidding on the 25k btc at $8 to decide to buy now instead and we're in the $10s.
Lol walls like that are super fake. It would be taken down if you actually sold into it for a while.

WTF is a 'super fake wall'...

Plenty of people have {BTC}40,000 and could have sold into him instantly... the owner or owners of that and every wall are risking money.
Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:03:31 PM

Plenty of people have {BTC}40,000 and could have sold into him instantly... the owner or owners of that and every wall are risking money.
It's likely controlled by a bot that will remove it instantly if too many coins are sold.

It is my understanding that most of the walls are like that.

Someone MIGHT dump 40K in a sec, but I doubt that highly as that would cost a lot and crash the market while you are trying to sell your coins.

Hence why they are disappearing/moving all the time and why I and many others do not rely on them for analysis.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:11:03 PM

It's likely controlled by a bot that will remove it instantly if too many coins are sold.

Someone MIGHT dump 40K in a sec, but I doubt that highly as that would cost a lot and crash the market while you are trying to sell your coins.

Hence why they are disappearing/moving all the time and why I and many others do not rely on them for analysis.

Yesterday pirate did dump 10s of thousands of coins.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:13:18 PM

If the wall is standing and I execute a sell order on gox for 40k BTC... my sell order is going through before any bot can issue another command.  The bot cannot jump place in line and pull the wall after I executed an order that would sell through it...

So yeah if someone sold 5k BTC into the wall, the owner of the wall could try and pull it before much more of it gets sold into, but they cant stop the whole thing being instantly sold into.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:17:30 PM

If the wall is standing and I execute a sell order on gox for 40k BTC... my sell order is going through before any bot can issue another command.  The bot cannot jump place in line and pull the wall after I executed an order that would sell through it...

So yeah if someone sold 5k BTC into the wall, the owner of the wall could try and pull it before much more of it gets sold into, but they cant stop the whole thing being instantly sold into.
AFAIK orders can be cancelled while a trade is being executed at MtGox. So, the wall can be cancelled as soon as the price gets dangerously close even if it is just 1 single trade.

I have never tried it myself, but I've asked MtGox's owner about it. Tongue
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:21:02 PM

AFAIK orders can be cancelled while a trade is being executed at MtGox. So, the wall can be cancelled as soon as the price gets dangerously close even if it is just 1 single trade.

I have never tried it myself, but I've asked MtGox's owner about it. Tongue

This would assume their trade engine isnt fast enough to complete 'my' 40k BTC sell order instantly but it is fast enough to remove depth instantly... this seems wrong.  Why isnt 'my' sell order, which was issued first and was large enough to sell into the entire wall, given priority in the 'trade actions queue'?
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:27:10 PM

I'm really not qualified to talk technicals (that stuff is over my head Grin), but if you want the answers, just ask Mark/MagicalTux.

I just asked him that maybe a few months ago and he confirmed it's possible to withdraw an order while a trade was being executed, and since that time, the order book has lost a lot of its meaning to me, and I assume it hasn't been changed since.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:47:38 PM

I'd want clarification on this.  He may have meant that if someone happens to withdraw at the exact moment someone else is buying the order will only be partially filled (but in itself this is weird because this should be an atomic operation).  Or maybe he means that the order is publicly posted even though it can be filled right away, giving a trader a tiny time window to pull down a wall.

I doubt he means that a trader has the ability to be forewarned of impending trades and given the opportunity to confirm the trade or cancel his wall -- simply because that would have to be explicitly coded into the API.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 01:23:46 AM

Some of you been asking me for another prediction, once I have enough information I will post another at the end of the month.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 08:47:46 PM

Some of you been asking me for another prediction, once I have enough information I will post another at the end of the month.

Could you also make it a bit higher this time, plz? Thanks Cheesy

hey what is this, I called 8 months ago

so far the market has acted EXACTLY as i have predicted

if anyone wants to know what happens next simply refer to the game plan

lol  Wink

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:52:49 PM

Could you also make it a bit higher this time, plz? Thanks Cheesy

hey what is this, I called 8 months ago

so far the market has acted EXACTLY as i have predicted

if anyone wants to know what happens next simply refer to the game plan

lol  Wink

Wanna bet against that game plan? lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: