Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:48:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical - CryptoVault - Cold Storage Coins  (Read 2269 times)
mycryptovault (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 12:55:44 AM

The coins are 33mm.  We had not planned on making the alloy coins a limited release as that was going to be our ongoing product.  If we do not hit our goal I am not sure what our plans will be.  They were not designed to be proof quality coins for collectors but more akin to as indestructible as possible to protect your valuable private key.

"Analogue Security for a Digital World - Cold Storage Solutions for any Crypto-Currency"
www.mycryptovault.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:00:31 AM

Thanks jdebunt!  I hope that will get us some more views and hopefully some more backers =)  I appreciate it!

"Analogue Security for a Digital World - Cold Storage Solutions for any Crypto-Currency"
www.mycryptovault.net
nicolasgramlich

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:35:29 AM

What happens IG the startjoin campaign doesn't get funded?

mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 02:51:02 AM

Most likely, no fire resistant paper or fire / water resist labels.

www.mycryptovault.net
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 03:03:10 AM

^ I would imagine all of the contributing backers get their funds back if it doesn't reach 100% fully funded.

These are some good guys with an innovative product that I think will really inspire the future crypto coin industry. I've been trying to think of ways to help your project succeed in the past few days. I looked into a lot of different fire/heat-proof papers; I don't know how many different types & kinds you've looked at and tried, but I would think finding more affordable element-proof paper & labels might be the key to reaching your funding.

Also, if the StartJoin doesn't make it, I would really suggest one of the bigger name crowd funding sites like KickStarter. I personally had never heard of SJ and I imagine that's the same for most, and KickStarter has a huge following. Also maybe make a "shoot-out" video testing the coins ability to protect private keys- I.e: Run one over with a car, torch one for minutes, soak one, drop one off a building, etc. Then maybe after each damage test, peel back the label to test/import the private key. Might really get the safe & endurable qualities etched into consumers' minds.

Good Luck guys!
-snarlpill

mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 03:42:33 AM

Yes you are correct, if the startjoin is not 100% funded all backers get their money back.

As far as kickstarter we have though about running a campaign their and hopefully it wouldn't cause a lot of confusion when we start marketing it (like the scam guy did for this one).  We really want to offer something different that no other cold storage coin offers.  So we will try any and all means to try to get the funding for the good stuff.

I can do some videos of various torture tests but as you can see from my original video that is not my specialty lol.  One of the main problems is our supplier gave us very limited quantities of each of the labels and paper as they were so expensive.  I have looked at 6 different manufacturers for the labels and 4 for the paper.  Only 2 passed our tests for the labels and 1 for the paper.  Both of those options ran us 60% of our startjoin, the other 40% was for the production of 200 gold plated coins and shipping.  If we got alot of US orders we would be ok but alot of over seas orders and we would be underwater.  The initial run of 500 alloy coins was out of our own pockets so that we could actually have a physical product in hand to start the crowd funding.

www.mycryptovault.net
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:21:21 AM

I'll second snarlpill's sentiments.  These are good guys who made things right after the other scammer ripped some people off. 

I hope your project gets off the ground, and even if the startjoin doesn't succeed, that you'll find other ways to ensure it does.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: