Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Surge of Legitimate, Open and Public Projects - NobleNXT Leading the Way  (Read 1841 times)
Honeypot (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:55:22 AM

Since December of 2013, we have seen piles of cheap scammers, pump/dumpers, fraudulent exchanges, and myriad of fake cryptocurrencies that destroyed trust in the community.

No more.

I would like to say we can find gems in the sand if you look for them. For one, Rofo (aka Jason L. Curby, developer and leader of Noblecoin) has been an honest, open developer who disclosed his identity and worked as a professional in a scene full of anonymous shadows that seem to disappear and reappear under different names for their next schemes.

Mr. Curby's twitter/linkedin/personal financial disclosures Shocked/business number in Australia:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NobleCoin

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-curby/27/9b8/994

Australia Business Number: http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=92119945303

Personal Financial Disclosures: https://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg9250285#msg9250285

Yes, personal financial disclosures. I suppose you can always ring up his cell phone and ask over the phone about any questions you have (note the number on the NOXT flier): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all

From my point of view, this scene desperately needs a REAL, MOTIVATED people who can approach these things with necessary professionalism and serious devotion that Mr. Curby has shown throughout the whole of past year (he was essentially paying out of his own pocket for maintaining marketplace, Noblcoin itself, and others).

His most recent project, NobleNXT (NOXT), is just another testament to his professional approach to this idea. ANN here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all

Over half of it has been sold already though NXT and BTC on poloniex and secureae.

Whitepaper itself is over 100+ pages long Shocked encompassing understanding, planning, and vision that reaches out to realistic plans for coming (some already arrived) wave of regulations, demand for legitimacy, and official PUBLIC business approach to the potential of cryptocurrency. Legitimacy, legal issues, financial backing and proper crowdfunding along with working side by side with established financial/regulatory bodies is one of its chief goals from what I can tell - he has recently traveled to Canberra, Australia (capital of AUS) to discuss setting up think tanks for cryptocurrency itself and essentially taking a very realistic, viable approach to fighting the adoption/influence battles that honestly not many are willing to do so in person.

All feedbacks/questions and attention should be directed to Mr. Curby (Rofo). Let this thread be a public one to bring attention to this project and discuss the its merits. With so many threads out in alternative currency section discussing respective projects, there is little reason why one such thread for this professional project shouldn't exist.

Let the discussions begin Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:33:31 PM

Since December of 2013, we have seen piles of cheap scammers, pump/dumpers, fraudulent exchanges, and myriad of fake cryptocurrencies that destroyed trust in the community.

No more.

I would like to say we can find gems in the sand if you look for them. For one, Rofo (aka Jason L. Curby, developer and leader of Noblecoin) has been an honest, open developer who disclosed his identity and worked as a professional in a scene full of anonymous shadows that seem to disappear and reappear under different names for their next schemes.

Mr. Curby's twitter/linkedin/personal financial disclosures Shocked/business number in Australia:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NobleCoin

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-curby/27/9b8/994

Australia Business Number: http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=92119945303

Personal Financial Disclosures: https://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg9250285#msg9250285

Yes, personal financial disclosures. I suppose you can always ring up his cell phone and ask over the phone about any questions you have (note the number on the NOXT flier): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all

From my point of view, this scene desperately needs a REAL, MOTIVATED people who can approach these things with necessary professionalism and serious devotion that Mr. Curby has shown throughout the whole of past year (he was essentially paying out of his own pocket for maintaining marketplace, Noblcoin itself, and others).

His most recent project, NobleNXT (NOXT), is just another testament to his professional approach to this idea. ANN here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all

Over half of it has been sold already though NXT and BTC on poloniex and secureae.

Whitepaper itself is over 100+ pages long Shocked encompassing understanding, planning, and vision that reaches out to realistic plans for coming (some already arrived) wave of regulations, demand for legitimacy, and official PUBLIC business approach to the potential of cryptocurrency. Legitimacy, legal issues, financial backing and proper crowdfunding along with working side by side with established financial/regulatory bodies is one of its chief goals from what I can tell - he has recently traveled to Canberra, Australia (capital of AUS) to discuss setting up think tanks for cryptocurrency itself and essentially taking a very realistic, viable approach to fighting the adoption/influence battles that honestly not many are willing to do so in person.

All feedbacks/questions and attention should be directed to Mr. Curby (Rofo). Let this thread be a public one to bring attention to this project and discuss the its merits. With so many threads out in alternative currency section discussing respective projects, there is little reason why one such thread for this professional project shouldn't exist.

Let the discussions begin Smiley

2.0 platforms are making waves (or ripples if you may). This is a good start to 2015 and is a sign of things to come.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:42:24 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 11:19:05 PM by Kushedout

I completely agree. Wave of scamers are phasing out as people learn the hard way and devs that stuck around trough this phase with openness, honesty and genuine devotion to their work are about to shine and Rofo is a perfect example of this.

Best of luck to him and everyone involved on Noble (NOXT) project, I will support and follow closely.

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:40:56 PM

This is the most promising project for 2015 in my opinion,

Maximum of 210 btc are going to be raised, this is not another fancy 3000 btc crowdfunding.
Those 210 btc are going to be used to build an actual registered company which will support noxt as a utility token and noble as the brand crypto currency.

This is how a tokens value should be backed, not with gold, not with marijuana - but with a real registered company who provides services in the crypto world and gets paid with that token while promoting noble as the brand.

LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:53:46 PM

IPO will close soon, Then only way you can get noxt is by burning nobl.  Smiley
ReserviorHunt

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:20:16 AM

This is the most promising project for 2015 in my opinion,

Maximum of 210 btc are going to be raised, this is not another fancy 3000 btc crowdfunding.
Those 210 btc are going to be used to build an actual registered company which will support noxt as a utility token and noble as the brand crypto currency.

This is how a tokens value should be backed, not with gold, not with marijuana - but with a real registered company who provides services in the crypto world and gets paid with that token while promoting noble as the brand.

I fully agree. Modest, realistic crowdfund, low marketcap with plenty of room to grow, not another thousands of btc false promise hype 'ipo'.

Should be interesting because Jason Curby (Rofo) already registered his business in Australia for Noblecoin and this is his project. He was public about this identity (name, face, place of origin etc) since january of 2014 when all the anonymous scammer devs were running around pumping coins.....diamond in a haystack.

That's a big plus in my book.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:58:49 AM

Rofo gets a huge thumbs up in my book. Great dev and all around great guy to chat with Smiley.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:36:54 AM

Don't mean to rain on the rofo parade, but what exactly does noble nxt do that other crypto doesn't. As far as i can see it's just a nxt asset with a tomb of a "whitepaper" (maybe someone should tell rofo what whitepaper means) masquerading as a legitimate business instrument. Why not just issue/buy stock on a regulated exchange If you want regulated and known issuers? or just directly buy nxt, bts, etc and issue you're own asset? I don't see the point here, and I don't really see anything demonstrably novel in noble or noble nxt, despite everyone's claims that rofo is an awesome dev (does publishing your name make you awesome? is that why coblee is super fantastic?).

anyway, if someone could fill me in, would be appreciated.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:32:12 AM

it's a shitcoin pissed off at the distribution of NXT.

Nowhere near the talent involved with NXT now, and but a distant memory a year from now. 

rofl.
pikuchato

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:26:25 AM

Nowhere near the talent involved with NXT now, and but a distant memory a year from now. 

rofl.

I don't know how to comment on this..
You didn't really read what noxt is didn't you? Smiley

pikuchato

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:30:11 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 07:50:45 AM by pikuchato

Don't mean to rain on the rofo parade, but what exactly does noble nxt do that other crypto doesn't. As far as i can see it's just a nxt asset with a tomb of a "whitepaper" (maybe someone should tell rofo what whitepaper means) masquerading as a legitimate business instrument. Why not just issue/buy stock on a regulated exchange If you want regulated and known issuers? or just directly buy nxt, bts, etc and issue you're own asset? I don't see the point here, and I don't really see anything demonstrably novel in noble or noble nxt, despite everyone's claims that rofo is an awesome dev (does publishing your name make you awesome? is that why coblee is super fantastic?).

It is backed by the work of a registered company focusing crypto regulations.
When you buy noxt now you are actually buying services tokes for this company.

EDIT: this token will be able to use noble coin infrastructure as well which will include noble pay, noble trade, noble gift, Precious Metals, Diamonds & Jewelry, Marketplace and many more (this is why the paper is so long Smiley please read the utilities section for more information)

EDIT2: We are on #noblecoin , join us for more information Smiley
ReserviorHunt

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:02:34 AM

rofl.

Not even sure where this is coming from...but if you checkout the NOXT ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all more then a few NXT people have posted in support for the project. So I would say this statement is patently....false Smiley

I think the main draw of NOXT is its brand name and vision - primarily what the dev wants to DO with it rather than any momentary 'hype materials' or 'new shiny things'. In the end, all legitimate projects depend on developer initiative to reach out to the right people, get the project adopted and used in real financial circles and institutions etc.

And that is exactly what NOXT and its developer Jason Curby is doing Smiley
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:12:37 PM

EDIT: this token will be able to use noble coin infrastructure as well which will include noble pay, noble trade, noble gift, Precious Metals, Diamonds & Jewelry, Marketplace and many more (this is why the paper is so long Smiley please read the utilities section for more information)

So what you're saying is that it's crypto backed by a centralized institution (a registered company)? This has been done before, and it usually ends up being a scam (MidasCoin, PayCoin, UI3 coin or something). I'm not saying this is a scam, but I still don't really see what purpose it serves, besides enriching the centralized institution/registered company that everything revolves about.
pikuchato

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:31:12 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 02:49:43 PM by pikuchato

So what you're saying is that it's crypto backed by a centralized institution (a registered company)? This has been done before, and it usually ends up being a scam (MidasCoin, PayCoin, UI3 coin or something). I'm not saying this is a scam, but I still don't really see what purpose it serves, besides enriching the centralized institution/registered company that everything revolves about.

No, noxt is not a crypto-currency, it is a token (colored coin - nxt asset) that represent a centralized registered company from the brand of noble coin.
This registered company will receive noxt as a payment for its services while keep promoting noble coin as a decentralized crypto-currency solution.

When all noxt are sold back to owner (all used to buy services from him) - he will issue a new cycle with a new colored coin, while some portion of every cycle will include burning nobles to receive those tokens.

First 5 pages provides a very good summery (lots of pictures don't be lazy please Smiley )
https://www.noblemovement.com/noxt/Noble-Corporate-Colored-Coins-1-8.pdf

Every cycle will have it own targets. you can see the current cycle goals here (Some already done, see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.msg9964123#msg9964123):

ReserviorHunt

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:50:31 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 03:01:37 PM by ReserviorHunt

I think the crypto being completely against centralization of some sort is a very, very unrealistic idea. Sorry to say, but centralization and focus of some kind in any type of ventures is inevitable.

Also, NOXT doesn't offer to be the next bitcoin 2.0 as far as I can tell - it's a niche, business oriented crowdfunded asset. It has a more specific focus than say bitcoin or litecoin.

Lastly, 'enriching' anyone is a false concept - rather, the crowdfund is already being used to purchase licensing and registration. You would know this if you checked out the NOXT ANN where the progress has been posted by Jason Curby, and saw the documents posted showing registration.

There's the core of the matter - crowdfund is already being used for business expenses EVEN BEFORE THE CROWDFUND IS OVER. Isn't that a vast departure from ambiguous 'business plans' of other scam ipos that doesn't even provide a sliver of proof that the gathered funds are being used to building the project specifically?

He is already head and shoulders above most other projects, with transparency that was provided even before anyone asked for them.

What more do you need? Do you need to chain and tie rofo to your bed post while he works 24/7 for your profit?

Apparently, funding a legitimate, transparent, and honest developer who has so far spent the funds exactly the way he said he would, and provided proof before anyone even asked for them, means you are 'enriching' someone. You need funds to begin a venture. Your benefit as a first investor is that you are getting the first come first serve opportunity to take part in a potentially revolutionary and driven project that can both turn profit and results.

People want projects to turn out good results, but is not even willing to impart a sliver of trust or appreciation towards a dev that has worked on a project with steady dedication, honesty, and dare I say it, honor, since the beginning of 2014 (january to be specific). Even when the shit coin pumpers ignored noblecoin and consequently it was deemed a 'failure' for not being pumped and dumped. Do you believe you can demand all from the developer when you are just sitting on the sidelines? If you are an actual investor, then you may have a place to give feedbacks on the progress  of the project. If you do nothing to help out, and just buy to profit, then your only privilege is having a piece of the pie in a project that you do nothing to contribute towards otherwise.

Of course, they never complain when someone pumps and dumps shit coins as long as they get paid with profit from other buyers (at least during the process - they are saints afterwards).

There are greedy, hypocritical individuals who make no noise when profits are pouring in, and it's certainly not the developer of NOXT.

Let's get some perspective here - these statements critiquing crowdfund by a completely open and public dev that has delivered results even before the crowdfund is over are essentially saying 'do everything I say and meet all my standards, satisfy my sense of comfort or you are a scammer/fraudster/incompetent'.

Read the NOXT ANN, and let's discuss things further if you have questions. Many questions are already answered there along with the whitepaper - and the fact that it is long doesn't somehow magically make it 'less' of a whitepaper. There are, afterall, much more to NOXT than just the techinical specifications and distribution plans.

Make it short, and they scream 'incompetent'. Make it long, detailed, and specifically planned answering all possibilities and future plans, and it gets called 'not a whitepaper'.

Really?  Smiley

People throw money at 3000 - 20000 btc 'ipos' that hype and promise profiteering, while paying little heed to legitimate, professional projects that much more deserves funding and attention. If they demand quick profits and dumping on other for profit, that's what the free market will give them.

If you want to see legitimate projects to thrive and honest, professional approach to gain traction, then it would be best to exercise some long term vision and begin supporting them. If your goal is to dump for profit and to hell with anything else - then you get the current state of crypto. A state that will change starting with 2015, and you can either go along with the trend or get left behind.

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:06:52 PM

Make it short, and they scream 'incompetent'. Make it long, detailed, and specifically planned answering all possibilities and future plans, and it gets called 'not a whitepaper'.

Really?  Smiley

It's really more of a book at this point.
http://www.whitepapersource.com/writing/whats-the-ideal-length-for-a-white-paper/

I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset, especially a business. There's no technical innovation, is there? That's what I was asking? Why would someone, particularly a business, want to tie themselves to a nxt asset with a (imo) stupid sounding name? Especially when they could just issue their own asset.

The only point to this venture, as far as I can see, is to get people to burn noble, which in turn probably enriches the dev, because it increases scarcity and he probably owns a fuckton of noble.
pikuchato

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:09:37 PM

Really?  Smiley

http://www.whitepapersource.com/writing/whats-the-ideal-length-for-a-white-paper/

I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset, especially a business. There's no technical innovation, is there? That's what I was asking? Why would someone, particularly a business, want to tie themselves to a nxt asset with a (imo) stupid sounding name? Especially when they could just issue their own asset.

The only point to this venture, as far as I can see, is to get people to burn noble, which in turn probably enriches the dev, because it increases scarcity and he probably owns a fuckton of noble.

"I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset,"

Of course you don't, you didn't read Smiley
ReserviorHunt

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:20:04 PM

Really?  Smiley

'scarcity' by itself does not necessarily impart value.....that's one of the most misunderstood concept. Dev has already made personal financial disclosures (you would know if you checked out noblemovement website). It's getting to the point where your idea of trust just revolves around what you want to feel comfortable with rather than being reasonable.

NobleNXT, once again, is not just an asset - it's an asset that's backed up by what is essentially a start up company with plans (which have already begun with the gathered funds) that aims to create a 'brand name' in a specific direction of business.

Your opinion on the name is 'noted'.

You say there is no 'innovation'. I would much rather impart value and confidence onto realistic, business oriented approach of a developer such as Jason who has already begun the work and has proof to show for it, rather than any hype material that calls itself 'innovative'.

Once again, read the white paper and NOXT ANN thread. Once again, the link is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:26:14 PM

Really?  Smiley

"I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset,"

I'm not going to waste my whole vacation digging through the "white paper". I actually did read through the first ten pages or so a few weeks ago, and didn't see anything substantial, just this oft repeated mantra of being a business friendly crypto backed asset.

I was simply asking what is the benefit of using a nxt asset tied to a low market cap clone coin rather than a company or individual starting their own nxt/bts/xcp asset. If you can't explain the core concept of something in a few sentences, it might just be too convoluted or unnecessarily complex. Thanks for your suggestion to read the white book, maybe someone else can offer a succinct explanation.
ReserviorHunt

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:32:17 PM

Really?  Smiley

I'm not going to waste my whole vacation digging through the "white paper". I actually did read through the first ten pages or so a few weeks ago, and didn't see anything substantial, just this oft repeated mantra of being a business friendly crypto backed asset.

I was simply asking what is the benefit of using a nxt asset tied to a low market cap clone coin rather than a company or individual starting their own nxt/bts/xcp asset. If you can't explain the core concept of something in a few sentences, it might just be too convoluted or unnecessarily complex. Thanks for your suggestion to read the white book, maybe someone else can offer a succinct explanation.

At some point, you can't depend on the producers and developers to spoon feed you things you want to hear.....

I would rather appreciate a developer who doesn't assume I am too stupid or lazy to do my own research then anyone who depends on slogans or hype buzzwords in place of actual substance.

You are doing serious investments - if you are asking for serious projects and efforts, you should be prepared to do at least modicum of research and study on your own as well. I hope you realize what you sound like right now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: