Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: w. Buffet on bitcoin, “Stay away from it. It’s a mirage.." what do you think?  (Read 829 times)
CryptoMoneyVirtualexpo (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:54:06 PM

Warren Buffet on bitcoin," “Stay away from it. It’s a mirage.." Do you think Buffett’s advice is correct?
Towards the 6th birthday virtual party for the block chain @ www.cryptomoneyexpo.com we would like to get your input and insight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:14:35 PM

Warren Buffet on bitcoin," “Stay away from it. It’s a mirage.." Do you think Buffett’s advice is correct?
Towards the 6th birthday virtual party for the block chain @ www.cryptomoneyexpo.com we would like to get your input and insight.

I think u r bringing up an old topic that has already been discussed before => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905726.0

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:31:28 PM

old, old news

yawn

use search feature

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 09:36:15 PM

"The historical track record of old white men crapping on new technology they don’t understand is at, I think, 100%"

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:36:43 PM

I think he is getting too old.

Seriously, I see how difficult for my parents to use technology in the same way I do, and I do not expect them to fully grasp the potential of something like this. Buffet would be better advised and is a smart man, but I doubt he is able to grasp it either.
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:47:39 PM

buffet knows precisely nothing about technology
doesnt use email, laptops nothing

he refused to invest in ibm, google, apple etc

he has made shitloads out of railroads, real world stuff. no problem
but missed out on 10 times what he could have done.

bottomline I couldn't care what he thinks.

hopefully the buffets and murdochs of this world will be gone soon, in their eighties, can't be too long...

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:00:05 PM

hopefully the buffets and murdochs of this world will be gone soon, in their eighties, can't be too long...
A lot of people do care what he thinks because he has been such a successful investor. He is one of the very few people that have been able to achieve above market returns over the long term (decades).

With that being said he does not invest in things that he does not understand, and he does not understand most technology companies, and bitcoin is much more advanced then technology companies
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

He may not understand BitCoin, but he clearly understands the value of;
and invests in; owners of transaction networks ..

He has significant investments in AXP, MA, and V

Triff ..

Guido
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:54:15 PM

A lot of people do care what he thinks because he has been such a successful investor. He is one of the very few people that have been able to achieve above market returns over the long term (decades).

With that being said he does not invest in things that he does not understand, and he does not understand most technology companies, and bitcoin is much more advanced then technology companies

I agree with you
I just said I didn't care what he thinks about btc

millions care what he thinks and he has a huge following. I watched a documentary about him a few years ago and he has a huge conference/festival built around him, a cult like following and he's been on the money for decades. always in top 3 richest people

he alone was most successful investor of 20th century!

so, not doubting his acumen, but he can be spectacularly wrong, and it is always in tech sector.
apple, google, ibm etc

frankly speaking an idiot could see where the high street was heading 5 years ago, charity shops, bookies, cash converters, lidl etc

but he stocked up on tesco way over the odds too and had to dump at a huge loss

he is a very intelligent man, it's possible he may admit he's wrong in future and brush it away as nothing as he admits he doesn't really understand the tech space

let's face it, he doesn't need the money so it doesn't really matter to him too much

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
rothy6

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:56:15 PM

If he does not understand bitcoin then he has no right to call it a mirage.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: