Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:41:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should be the punishment for scammers?  (Read 1348 times)
KingTylerVVS (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:34:38 PM

Hashie. Hashprofit. Coins-miners. FutureYields. Mt.Gox. the list goes on...

We will find them. We will catch them. We will make them pay.

What should be their punishment?

My vote?

A. Slavery until double the amount scammed is repaid. Negotiable to 100% if the accused isn't entirely at fault (did they really get hacked?)

B. Death. Yes, the death penalty. (There are too many honest, hard working people falling victim and losing years of their life in the form of hard work to thieves getting a "quick lick." Death to the evildoers.)

What is your vote?

Happy New Years, my resolution is to make this world a better place once and for all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:23:15 AM

It used to be the SCAMMER tag, along with a special XXXX under the avatar. Now it's just a negative trust rating, which is better imo because it's easier to find the funny.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:43:12 AM

Punishment is still nothing.
People need to speak to the person in person... internet threats obviously don't work....

been here a few years now.. looks like maybe 3 people have ever been caught.. 0 people repaid... :/

moreia

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:51:41 AM

Death? Slavery? You sound just as bad (if not worse) than these criminals!!
They have their own lives to live with....as well as robbing people especially people at hashie, it is partly their fault for falling for their con. It was obvious from day one they were a bunch of frauds..
Mt. Gox not so much, they were definitely not expected, but again, bitcoin is a dangerous place. you shouldn't trust your life earnings on the web.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:38:11 AM

They have their own lives to live with....as well as robbing people especially people at hashie, it is partly their fault for falling for their con. It was obvious from day one they were a bunch of frauds..
Mt. Gox not so much, they were definitely not expected, but again, bitcoin is a dangerous place. you shouldn't trust your life earnings on the web.

Bitcoin as technology is good, the problem is : the people are bad !
KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:04:55 AM

Bitcoin as technology is good, the problem is : the people are bad !

Thank you redsnow.

And moreia - I know I sound melodramatic. But scammers are giving bitcoin a bad name. And cryptocurrency is OUR ONLY TICKET to saving planet earth and the human race... really? How? long chain of events - the banks want to enslave the world with their fiat debt money - they finance wars and also destroy mother nature with pollution and garbage all because people gotta jump through their hoops and peddle planned obsolescence products just to afford food, which is also bad for the environment thanks to faulty, unsustainable industrial farming methods. Bitcoin and an organic gardening economy will put a stop to the debt based war mongering system. This is highly summarized for brevity. And you are an idiot if you disagree - do your research, do not remain ignorant please!

Crypto = the death of banks = the end of war and poverty, but NOT if people are scared to use it for the scammers and hackers!

Thieves need to start making an honest living. And in order for that to happen, A. the reward for an honest living must be high. B. the penalty for a dishonest living must also be high.
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 12:25:03 PM

The problem is, that the most scammers hide behind TOR etc. - this means it's hard to find them and after they will never pay their debts back...

Activity: 165

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:12:12 PM

It used to be the SCAMMER tag, along with a special XXXX under the avatar. Now it's just a negative trust rating, which is better imo because it's easier to find the funny.

Negative trust should be the first port of call, but it depends how serious the theft or crime is. Obviously legal action should be taken if possible. Scammers on here need to know there are consequences and they can't just hide behind their computers trying to steal.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:21:27 PM

Negative trust should be the first port of call, but it depends how serious the theft or crime is. Obviously legal action should be taken if possible. Scammers on here need to know there are consequences and they can't just hide behind their computers trying to steal.

Why don't put "visible" the trust in all the forum sections (instead that only in several ) ?
Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:24:14 PM

My vote?

A. Slavery until double the amount scammed is repaid. Negotiable to 100% if the accused isn't entirely at fault (did they really get hacked?)

B. Death. Yes, the death penalty. (There are too many honest, hard working people falling victim and losing years of their life in the form of hard work to thieves getting a "quick lick." Death to the evildoers.)

What is your vote?

Happy New Years, my resolution is to make this world a better place once and for all.

Death penalty is a little too harsh. Cut off their hands so they can't steal or type anymore is better  Grin

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:03:56 PM

There should be a list of known scammers and their doxes (if available). I wonder why nobody hasn't made one yet.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:07:07 PM

My thoughts on true punishment for scammers:

Chop off or remove their sexual organs so that they can never again have an orgasm and achieve the ultimate pleasure in life besides bathing in a tub full of cash of course (cash > women [unless you're in love]).

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:33:46 PM

My vote?

What is your vote?

Death penalty is a little too harsh. Cut off their hands so they can't steal or type anymore is better  Grin

Wow those Sumerian laws are harsh man.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:33:38 AM

SORRY TO BE HARSH

But times are tough. Most people (99% worldwide) earn LESS than $2 a day. Myself included (I live in USA. I refuse to get a job because I have a great website idea and am an entrepreneur and refuse to be a slave to idiots who mistreat you even when you do a good job. Plus you have to invest close to $500 in GASOLINE "job hunting" before you usually end up nabbing one. I would rather continue earning $2 a day in Adsense revenue and keep doubling my earnings over time...)

Anyways, TIMES ARE TOUGHT. When you work for $2 a day, and then you have $200 saved up and a thief comes and takes it all in 1 fell swoop?

He deserves hands cut off. He is a menace to society. SO YEAH - SUMERIA FOR THE WIN!
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:14:34 AM

Since the law seldom works in our favor and only works for the well heeled. I think public shaming not just on this forum but google SEO methods seem the best. This worked fantansically well for Joshua Zipkin who ripped off his customers of millions in mining hardware sales. All investors (customers as this was pre-order money used for R&D to build hardware) lost out. Noone got what they paid for.

All the customers banded together and now with the various posts in this forum and other places, googling Joshua Zipkin immediately shows the scam and his antics against us. Destroying their name is the worst thing one can do, makes it so they can never be dealt with again.

This will go a long way toward ensuring this never happens to people from this person again. It may also create enough publicity to shame authorities into taking action.

Notice also that this worked with BFL and its officers Josh Zerlan and Sonny Vleisedes. Best thing for these people once the information is solid is to dox them. Altho the worst thing is to do it to someone who is actually trying to make things right of their own accord so its important to be a measured DOX only to be used by consensus.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:22:49 AM

Since the law seldom works in our favor and only works for the well heeled. I think public shaming not just on this forum but google SEO methods seem the best. This worked fantansically well for Joshua Zipkin who ripped off his customers of millions in mining hardware sales. All investors (customers as this was pre-order money used for R&D to build hardware) lost out. Noone got what they paid for.

All the customers banded together and now with the various posts in this forum and other places, googling Joshua Zipkin immediately shows the scam and his antics against us. Destroying their name is the worst thing one can do, makes it so they can never be dealt with again.

This will go a long way toward ensuring this never happens to people from this person again. It may also create enough publicity to shame authorities into taking action.

Notice also that this worked with BFL and its officers Josh Zerlan and Sonny Vleisedes. Best thing for these people once the information is solid is to dox them. Altho the worst thing is to do it to someone who is actually trying to make things right of their own accord.

Indeed - I had some people give me a hard time when I am trying my best to do good and pay them back - I would have 5 bitcoins to my name if I had not been scammed myself Sad But I will earn it all back and pay people what I owe them (approx 2 bitcoins at the moment.)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:42:49 AM

Call their parents, ask parents for the money in an I-don't-mean-to-be-a-bother-but... way, let parents extract money from scammer if they want.

I had a drug-dealing room-mate when I lived a while in NC. Someone skipped out on a tab (~$500). Room-mate went to his parents' condo and explained the situation honestly. It took around an hour but was surprisingly effective.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 02:24:13 AM

Call their parents, ask parents for the money in an I-don't-mean-to-be-a-bother-but... way, let parents extract money from scammer if they want.

I had a drug-dealing room-mate when I lived a while in NC. Someone skipped out on a tab (~$500). Room-mate went to his parents' condo and explained the situation honestly. It took around an hour but was surprisingly effective.

Reads like Bullshit for me, at the very least that anecdote.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:32:00 AM

Reads like Bullshit for me, at the very least that anecdote.
They did have a history, but his parents didn't know about it... We took over his apartment while he went SouthWest for some educational book-selling cult. He was short in paying his tab (he left money under his mattress before leaving, but it was way less that what was owed) and had outstanding bills (cable and something else) we had to pay to re-start service. Going to his parents was only for the money owed. Room-mate went ahead and sold a bunch of Magic cards he had (tried to talk him out of that one - guy didn't seem to care about anything but drugs and trading card games), and I went ahead and took advantage of all the liquor hanging around (which was a nice surprise since I was still underage).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: