Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Student activists demand California teach sexual consent to kindergartners  (Read 660 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:22:04 PM

California college students are demanding that consensual sex education be taught in grades K-12.

The activists presented a list of three demands to help curtail campus rapes.

The students also want more transparency in colleges' investigations into campus sexual assault and mandatory consent classes in college.

Student activists at California colleges are demanding children as young as kindergarten-age be taught consent education in order to curtail campus sexual assault.

According to a list of three demands from students at University of California, Berkeley; University of California, Santa Barbara; and San Diego State University, the state of California should teach sexual consent to K-12 students.

“We recommend consent education in K 12 [sic]. College is too late for people to learn about bodily autonomy and respect,” the request states.

According to Alejandra Melgoza, Take Back the Night coordinator at UC Santa Barbara, consent education would include teaching students to keep their hands to themselves.

“Concerned parents might think we’re talking about consent in a purely sexual context, when really we’re talking on a day-to-day basis,” Melgoza told The Huffington Post.

“Consent is not just for intercourse,” Meghan Warner, director of Associated Students of the University of California Sexual Assault Commission told HuffPo. “It’s for all aspects of our lives, and people aren’t understanding or being taught that.”

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6168&app=cro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:29:20 AM

Is that too early?
Pastafarian

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

Sativacoin (STV) Development Team

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:49:18 AM

Is that too early?

Way too early imo

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:54:36 AM

Way too early imo
Too early to teach children what a "bad touch" is? You don't think that's something children should know?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pastafarian

Activity: 760

Sativacoin (STV) Development Team

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:01:35 AM

Way too early imo
Too early to teach children what a "bad touch" is? You don't think that's something children should know?

I just think that kids that kindergarten is a little too young for something that can be so graphic. I support parents teaching their kids what a "bad touch" is however.

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:05:32 AM

I love the people immediately jumping up and down saying we shouldn't be teaching them these things because they're children, but frankly it's precisely because they're children and they're young they should be taught this stuff because they don't know any better and when they grow up obviously they see other people going around acting like douchebags and think it's acceptable.

By shielding them from knowledge you're always going to end up exposing them to the very thing you're trying to protect them from because they won't even know what it is or how to combat it, by the way, I also think 12 year olds and above should get the vote.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:33:34 AM

Student activists do not know sometimes what to do and then demand someting like this  Wink Would be better if they do something more smart - for example - check travel portals 
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:21:10 AM

they teach sodomy and transsexualism, why not this

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:41:33 AM

Too early, and I wouldn't trust the current PC/liberal education system.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:37:13 AM

Can kids not keep their innocence for a few years? It will make people scared to have consensual sex when the time comes.
I think the joke scenario of having sex contracts is actually not far away now. I can imagine guys showing off their contracts to their friends as proof that it happened!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:23:39 PM

Can kids not keep their innocence for a few years? It will make people scared to have consensual sex when the time comes.
I think the joke scenario of having sex contracts is actually not far away now. I can imagine guys showing off their contracts to their friends as proof that it happened!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urS8GmwmeWQ

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:23:07 AM

Way, way too early.
They are kids, after all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: