Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:13:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please say where can buy cheapest rigs? (Electricity usage doesn't matter)  (Read 1307 times)
Upscale (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:27:29 PM

Hi I've found a few ways to get renewable electricity from my 4 acres here in the middle of nowhere, using gravity and the ground, i just have to buy a few parts and assemble them, or how can I build a mining rig where electricity usage doesn't matter? If I wasn't so poor right now I would buy the higher end ones that are easily searchable for but I figured if I go a little further it might pay off alot, im trying to get into bitcoin mining before all the corporations get smart and take up all the mining power.  Thank you for your time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 11:37:26 PM

bitmaintech
spondoolies-tech
technobit
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:50:52 PM

Hi I've found a few ways to get renewable electricity from my 4 acres here in the middle of nowhere, using gravity and the ground, i just have to buy a few parts and assemble them, or how can I build a mining rig where electricity usage doesn't matter? If I wasn't so poor right now I would buy the higher end ones that are easily searchable for but I figured if I go a little further it might pay off alot, im trying to get into bitcoin mining before all the corporations get smart and take up all the mining power.  Thank you for your time
If electrical costs don't really matter, I'd suggest buying old hardware and checking out the Goods section in Trade Discussion.

You can probably get a decent amount of KNC Jupiters, Bitmain S1's and a bunch of other basically obsolete hardware for cheap (miners that people are just turning off), heck maybe even some SP10's.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:00:26 AM

If electrical costs don't really matter, I'd suggest buying old hardware and checking out the Goods section in Trade Discussion.

You can probably get a decent amount of KNC Jupiters, Bitmain S1's and a bunch of other basically obsolete hardware for cheap (miners that people are just turning off), heck maybe even some SP10's.

this is good if you want <$1000 of hardware. If you are looking at operating more than it makes sense to go with more efficient miners which are available at above links for fair prices

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:26:28 AM

this is good if you want <$1000 of hardware. If you are looking at operating more than it makes sense to go with more efficient miners which are available at above links for fair prices
True but the question was cheapest.

S1's a while ago would go for around $25-50 keeping them at the lowest price per gh when you don't look at power.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:50:45 AM

True but the question was cheapest.

S1's a while ago would go for around $25-50 keeping them at the lowest price per gh when you don't look at power.

8x S1 units                     vs      1x SP20 in terms of hashrate.
8x$30 = $240                  vs         $500
3200W of PSUs = $300      vs        1200W of PSUs = $120
total = $540                      vs       $620

the 8x S1 units will use about 2000W more power. For $0.15/kwh that is about $200/month.  Obviously these PSUs can be repurposed but the point is that the upfront cost is higher and the additional heat to deal with is significant.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
BITMAIN_Janet

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:06:09 AM

Hi,

Second handed S3+ recommended, here is the details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=904554.msg9939264#msg9939264
PM me   Wink

Skype: yaxuan.ai, +86 18511636219, Twitter:@Janet_Ai_YaXuan
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:43:54 AM

I think the most important part of his question is how he is going to get free power using gravity and the ground with a few parts.

What kind of parts?  Does this involve building a 100' tall induction coil?
Upscale (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:20:33 AM

I think the most important part of his question is how he is going to get free power using gravity and the ground with a few parts.

thanks guys and no need to get all arguey but about the power thing since everybody needs power, below here's a link to the info, i would have typed it out but I'd have to go into grammar and all that

http://www.instructables.com/id/Electricity-generated-from-2-wires-stuck-into-the-/
kabopar

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:03:11 PM

thanks guys and no need to get all arguey but about the power thing since everybody needs power, below here's a link to the info, i would have typed it out but I'd have to go into grammar and all that

http://www.instructables.com/id/Electricity-generated-from-2-wires-stuck-into-the-/
good luck with that.  You'll probably achieve some micro-hash/sec rate and become super rich.... Don't waste your time on buying the cheapest rig, until you actually generate some real power.

Cheers
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:06:15 PM

Don't buy Technobit. Too many complaints and unreliable delivery.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:18:55 PM

How is that different from Bitmain?

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:25:00 PM

Unfortunately you can't drive a rig with that, no matter where the miner is coming from. It's easier to build a small crystal radio .. and dive into a different hobby.

http://sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/radio/radio.html

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
Bicknellski

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:35:10 PM

1. Have a look at the complaint record regarding shipping.
2. Look at the many years of complaints.
3. Look at the price and volume of Bitmain vs. Technobit.
4. Look at how Technobit handles complaints vs. Bitmain.
5. Look at the ease of use and trouble shooting Technobit vs. Bitmain.

What dogie won't put in his guide are the 100s of complaints and delayed shipments in the past 2 years from Technobit. Avoid them at all costs. Bitmain is 1000x better even with their issues. You can expect a Bitmain unit to arrive on time vs. Technobit is a crap shoot.

===

Suggest you stick to reputable builders.

I find the the whole thread ridiculous because the measure of efficiency is based on electricity. So ignoring it is just a foolhardy exercise. Go with bitmain S5 or get more S35 if you can order enough to get the discount you want. Got $1 million USD?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:36:09 PM

Even if you have renewable electricity, I am pretty sure there is a limit right? Buy S5 from bitmaintech as it is currently the most energy efficient and you can put in more S5 compare to other non-power efficiency one.

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:43:46 PM

1. Have a look at <...>

The only look I have is my own personal experience with both manufacturers and I must say that IMHO there is very little difference between them in the end. (Although I would suggest to Marto to change his "tone" in communications, I "understand" him [being from the Balkan myself] but I also understand international business requires cross-cultural communication...)

Bicknellski

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:49:29 PM

1. Have a look at <...>

The only look I have is my own personal experience with both manufacturers and I must say that IMHO there is very little difference between them in the end. (Although I would suggest to Marto to change his "tone" in communications, I "understand" him [being from the Balkan myself] but I also understand international business requires cross-cultural communication...)

Well 1 person is happy. 100s are not. Given my review of the situation you are lucky. Given the volume that Bitmain does they are far fewer complaints per 1000 customers. Why is that? Technobit doesn't have nearly the capacity or the team. Again I would not risk buying anything from Technobit when you have better options. How about Spondoolies? Avoids both problems. It is more than a CULTURAL issue with Marto. He has burned quite a number of people pretty badly and getting blood from that stone is pretty hard. Unlike Bitmain where if you hammer hard enough they will eventually make you whole again and they are working to improve that CRM whereas Technobit with every new version of their miner makes more unhappy customers. Notice the "core" people who are happy with Technobit are either "Newbs" or first time buyers or long time insiders. Unlike Bitmain who for all their faults have a solid following that has allowed them to sell those S5s.

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:34:23 PM

1. Have a look at <...>

Well 1 person is happy. 100s are not. Given my review of the situation you are lucky.

Well wait a minute there... I'm not "happy" with either one of them... (But they both still "beat" BFL by a long stretch...)

Given the volume that Bitmain does they are far fewer complaints per 1000 customers. Why is that? Technobit doesn't have nearly the capacity or the team. Again I would not risk buying anything from Technobit when you have better options. How about Spondoolies? Avoids both problems.

I wanted to try Spondoolies, but unfortunately their 2 SP20's for $1000,- offer was very short lived...

It is more than a CULTURAL issue with Marto. He has burned quite a number of people pretty badly and getting blood from that stone is pretty hard. Unlike Bitmain where if you hammer hard enough they will eventually make you whole again and they are working to improve that CRM whereas Technobit with every new version of their miner makes more unhappy customers.

I noticed, but I must admit that I'm even more allergic to the Bitmain "hammer hard enough" method... I'm a bit insulted by that frankly; I put up with half my S3's performing under specs [422, 441, 444 vs. 453, 453 and 453 Gh/s] because of the "hassle" Bitmain was putting me through for the RMA. And now I see if you just yell hard and public enough you get PM offers...

Notice the "core" people who are happy with Technobit are either "Newbs" or first time buyers or long time insiders. Unlike Bitmain who for all their faults have a solid following that has allowed them to sell those S5s.

I am not noticing a lot of "happy" people with either manufacturer, just complaints...  Tongue

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 03:39:10 PM

I wanted to try Spondoolies, but unfortunately their 2 SP20's for $1000,- offer was very short lived...
RoadStress's GB is still open.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:45:46 PM

RoadStress's GB is still open.

Nah, no third parties. Thank you... (You did have that offer [$500,-/pc. with a min. order of 2] on your own site for a day or two, didn't you?)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: