Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Damn, any day this should pop below $300  (Read 4719 times)
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:32:58 PM

I've been watching for the past week as it looks very weak and have been expecting it to break below $300. Damn, any day now it should go. I think the only thing holding it up are highly invested bag holders.

I think a break below $300 will be the start of the capitulation that a lot of bears are waiting for. It should signal just how weak bitcoin is and let people finally know that maybe bitcoin isn't going to just go higher so you can become rich.

I think a new coin will soon come up and replace bitcoin for the #1 spot and this will be a very bad blow to bitcoin. This I think may happen in 2015.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 12:50:58 PM

I've been watching for the past week as it looks very weak and have been expecting it to break below $300. Damn, any day now it should go. I think the only thing holding it up are highly invested bag holders.

I think a break below $300 will be the start of the capitulation that a lot of bears are waiting for. It should signal just how weak bitcoin is and let people finally know that maybe bitcoin isn't going to just go higher so you can become rich.

I think a new coin will soon come up and replace bitcoin for the #1 spot and this will be a very bad blow to bitcoin. This I think may happen in 2015.

There is a lot of new alt-coin that is capable of replacing bitcoin but no body trust them, people still trust bitcoin because its the first and the oldest. So no, I don't think there will be any alt-coin replacing bitcoin in terms of value..

dakota neat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:00:52 PM

Another random opinion. Thanks for creating a thread for it.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:44:34 PM

Wouldn't be a bad a idea to have a buy order sitting around 270 just in case it touches down before launching

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:54:28 PM

yeah, bitcoin almost died, almost like you 'predicted', last time it went south to $2 from its first run up in 2011.  Edward, why are you still here, on this forum?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:56:24 PM

We need a bearwhale to get below 300.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:00:40 PM

I think a break below $300 will be the start of the capitulation that a lot of bears are waiting for. It should signal just how weak bitcoin is

stopped reading right there...Bitcoin is weak as a price weak, technology weak,  innovative weak or what exactly do you mean when you say bitcoin is weak? Did you hear about sidechains, about Microsoft accepting Bitcoin, about the possibility to buy BTC in fuc*ing Kenya, about the fact that you don't need bank to move your value? Duh...I dont get some of the people here Huh if you don't trust in Bitcoin, what are you doing here? Would not be better instead of writing 10000000000th prediction based on numbers you just pulled out of your ass to help Bitcoin to grow somehow and invest the energy to something, that we could all benefit from? But hey, it is better to start another 10000000000000000000000000000th useless thread....welcome to my ignore list

Ahhhhhh, it feels sooo good... Grin
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:14:53 PM

I think a break below $300 will be the start of the capitulation that a lot of bears are waiting for. It should signal just how weak bitcoin is

stopped reading right there...

Stopped reading right there^.  Always read the entire post you're replying to.
That said, I'll reply to the shit I know you said because psychic:

>price weak,
yes
>technology weak,
not so much weak as outdated
>innovative weak
6 years in beta?  pretty weak, ya
>or what exactly do you mean when you say bitcoin is weak?
all of the above.

>Did you hear about sidechains,
sure did.  like Microsoft running Win 3 on top of DOS
>Microsoft accepting Bitcoin
Microsoft is accepting dollars through a payment processor.  For select digital content.  I'd accept toilet paper if I never had to touch it & somebody converted it into USD for me.
>possibility to buy BTC in fuc*ing Kenya
I'm sure it's possible to buy many things in Kenya, including Beanie Babies.  Why does this excite you?
>you don't need bank to move your value
if by volume you mean bitcoin, then sure.  I also don't need a bank to move shitcoin.  Why is this exciting?
Feri22

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:33:41 PM

Stopped reading right there^.  Always read the entire post you're replying to.

>price weak,
yes
>technology weak,
>innovative weak
6 years in beta?  pretty weak, ya
all of the above.

sure did.  like Microsoft running Win 3 on top of DOS
Microsoft is accepting dollars through a payment processor.  For select digital content.  I'd accept toilet paper if I never had to touch it & somebody converted it into USD for me.
I'm sure it's possible to buy many things in Kenya, including Beanie Babies.  Why does this excite you?
if by volume you mean bitcoin, then sure.  I also don't need a bank to move shitcoin.  Why is this exciting?

- price weak
not for me, i bought around 100, so for me it is very strong
-technology outdated
sidechains are pretty innovative and technology strong, leaving all alts behind, because almost all alts features can have BTC too
- innovative weak
again, sidechains, OpenBazaar, Lightouse projects...so don't think so...also the alts are lucky, that the BTC has to fight every problem as first...so they can't make big changes overnight, because if BTC would fail now, almost all alts would fail right now too

all of the above - just another point of view, also with sidechains, OpenBazaar, Lighthouse etc, the innovation and technology should grow faster

- sidechains
totally different, which shows how little you know about it
- Microsoft - you don't know if they don't keep % of the revenue in BTC...you would accept toilet paper, Microsoft would not
- Kenya - it surely excite the people in Kenya, so it does excite me too as i am happy they can transfer value finaly, which they could not in some places
- not volume, but value...Bitcoin costs 310 USD right now, so what shitcoin are you talking about? Cheesy

Did you lost all your 0.2 BTC during trading and that is why are you so butt-hurt??  Grin

Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:40:03 PM

I'll say this, when I actually used bitcoin I was never happy about the slow times to transfer coins. The constant fees being charged to covert to other coins. I won't talk about the money I lost at mt. gox but luckily I made money with NXT coin to make up for that loss.

I felt like I was constantly paying fees to exchange sites.

I didn't like the how bloated bitcoin has become, especially when I had to download the blockchain that was very large and growing rapidly.

I didn't like having any money sitting on the exchanges. I didn't trust the safety of my wallets with all the malware out there today.

None of these fears I have with holding stock and USD cash. Easily exchangeable to any other currency in the world with no fees.

I just don't see bitcoin taking off. It had its popularity with china, which I never expected china to allow it to flourish like it had.

Anyone trying to invest in bitcoin now are really taking a huge risk. If you want to speculate with digital currency then buy into another coin.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:55:02 PM

I like the open baazar idea, haven't kept up with the latest information.

However, it still sucks to use bitcoins for it because of the price fluctuations and the fees involved with buying and selling bitcoins.

For most products it will still make sense to use ebay and pay the fees because most people simply won't use open baazar if all they accept is bitcoins. You're going to get a lot more money for your product on ebay even with the fees than on open baazar.

Of course if you can sell illegal items like drugs on openbaazar then that is a different story.,

Using bitcoins only complicates things that USD does so much more easily. In Europe they are also able to transfer cash much easier and cheaper with their bank transfers.

Silverspoon

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:56:43 PM

>price weak,
yes
>technology weak,
>innovative weak
all of the above.

Microsoft is accepting dollars through a payment processor.  For select digital content.  I'd accept toilet paper if I never had to touch it & somebody converted it into USD for me.
I'm sure it's possible to buy many things in Kenya, including Beanie Babies.  Why does this excite you?
if by volume you mean bitcoin, then sure.  I also don't need a bank to move shitcoin.  Why is this exciting?

- price weak
Most averaged below 100, myself included.  The price history since the bubble popped is pretty uninspiring tho, hope you're not thinking of ruining that $100 avg. by buying at 310.
-technology outdated
sidechains are pretty innovative and technology strong, leaving all alts behind, because almost all alts features will have BTC too
Sidechains are a kludge, see win3 running on top of DOS
- innovative weak
again, sidechains, OpenBazaar, Lightouse projects...so don't think so...also the alts are lucky, that the BTC has to fight every problem as first...so they can't make big changes overnight, because if BTC would fail now, almost all alts would fail right now too
all stuff that might happen in the future, hasn't happened for 6 years, and doesn't address the basic problems.
all of the above - just another point of view, also with sidechains, OpenBazaar, Lighthouse etc, the innovation and technology should grow faster
- sidechains
Huh
- Microsoft - you don't know if they don't keep % of the revenue in BTC...you would accept toilet paper, Microsoft would not
I also don't know if MS is breeding Easter Bunnies in their corporate backyard, everything's possible.  Try to stick with the facts tho, and you won't find yourself in embarrassing situations like the one you're in now.
- Kenya - it surely excite the people in Kenya, so it does excite me too as i am happy they can transfer value finaly, which they could not in some places
What excites people in Kenya?  Bitcoin or Beanie Babies?
- not volume, but value...Bitcoin costs 310 USD right now, so what shitcoin are you talking about? Cheesy
Sorry, typo, I meant value.  The fact that one BTC is worth $310 is what excites you?  Protip: it's only worth that much on exchanges.  Worth nothing at a local gas station.

Did you lost all your 0.2 BTC during trading and that is why are you so butt-hurt??
Lost more than that.  Made some worthless fiat tho.  Keep pimping your failcoin Smiley
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:59:09 PM

Another random opinion. Thanks for creating a thread for it.

Well anytime you read some random kid type 'bag holders' you know its another buttcoin fangirl..

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Feri22

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:32:12 PM

>price weak,
yes
>technology weak,
>innovative weak
all of the above.

- price weak
Most averaged below 100, myself included.  The price history since the bubble popped is pretty uninspiring tho, hope you're not thinking of ruining that $100 avg. by buying at 310.
-technology outdated
sidechains are pretty innovative and technology strong, leaving all alts behind, because almost all alts features will have BTC too
- innovative weak
all stuff that might happen in the future, hasn't happened for 6 years, and doesn't address the basic problems.
- sidechains
Huh
I also don't know if MS is breeding Easter Bunnies in their corporate backyard, everything's possible.  Try to stick with the facts tho, and you won't find yourself in embarrassing situations like the one you're in now.
Sorry, typo, I meant value.  The fact that one BTC is worth $310 is what excites you?  Protip: it's only worth that much on exchanges.  Worth nothing at a local gas station.

Did you lost all your 0.2 BTC during trading and that is why are you so butt-hurt??
Lost more than that.  Made some worthless fiat tho.  Keep pimping your failcoin Smiley

It is the bitcointalk.org on which you are right now  Grin go to your other cointalk if you don't believe in BTC...don't you have another things to do in life? I am here, because i believe in BTC, if i wouldn't, i would not waste my time with trolls like you  Grin the arguments you wrote above, it is just your personal opinions, just i have mine...they are different, i think you are too negative and butt hurted, but it is ok...maybe you will have luck in some alt, good luck, welcome to my ignore list

PROTIP: i am quite sure, that i read, on some gas stations they already accept Bitcoin and it is worth around the price on exchanges, so...you are talking BS

also read this: http://techmoran.com/bitpesa-launches-platform-enable-ngos-kenya-receive-bitcoin-donations/#sthash.hPmhOot6.dpbs  http://moneyweek.com/mobile-money-bitcoin-could-help-the-worlds-poor-get-access-to-decent-toilets/

and tell me if you see some Easter Bunnies, Beanie Babies or toilet paper you ingorant troll  Grin NO, BITCOIN 

Did you know, that most of your arguments are stupid?  Grin
Feri22

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:33:30 PM

>price weak,
yes
>technology weak,
>innovative weak
all of the above.

- price weak
-technology outdated
- innovative weak
- sidechains
Huh
Sorry, typo, I meant value.  The fact that one BTC is worth $310 is what excites you?  Protip: it's only worth that much on exchanges.  Worth nothing at a local gas station.

It is the bitcointalk.org on which you are right now  Grin go to your other cointalk if you don't believe in BTC...don't you have another things to do in life? I am here, because i believe in BTC, if i wouldn't, i would not waste my time with trolls like you  Grin the arguments you wrote above, it is just your personal opinions, just as i have mine, although they are really different, i think you are too negative and butt hurted, but it is ok...maybe you will have luck in some alt, good luck

PROTIP: i am quite sure, that i read, on some gas stations they already accept Bitcoin and it is worth around the price on exchanges, so...you are talking BS

also read this: http://techmoran.com/bitpesa-launches-platform-enable-ngos-kenya-receive-bitcoin-donations/#sthash.hPmhOot6.dpbs

and tell me if you see some Easter Bunnies, Beanie Babies or toilet paper you ingorant troll  Grin NO, BITCOIN  

Did you know, that most of your arguments are stupid?  Grin
Silverspoon

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:41:06 PM

I am here, because i believe in BTC.

I'm here because I speculate in BTC.
I make money by taking it from deluded cultist such as yourself.
Thanks for being here & making trading easy & profitable Smiley
Feri22

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

I am here, because i believe in BTC.

I'm here because I speculate in BTC.
I make money by taking it from deluded cultist such as yourself.
Thanks for being here & making trading easy & profitable Smiley

How can you take money from me when i don't sell my BTC Huh

You know what, since you are here to speculate and you act like you have made lot of money and blah blah....what about a bet? If BTC will not be worth more than 10 000 USD (ten thousand dollars) in 31.12. 2016 on the exchange with biggest worldwide volume, you will win 10 Bitcoins from me...if it will be worth more than 10 000 USD, i will win 10 Bitcoins from you

We can use John K. as escrow until that time

So what do you say?
Silverspoon

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:59:58 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 04:22:29 PM by Silverspoon

...what about a bet? If BTC will not be worth more than 10 000 USD (ten thousand dollars) in 31.12. 2016 on the exchange with biggest worldwide volume, you will win 10 Bitcoins from me...if it will be worth more than 10 000 USD, i will win 10 Bitcoins from you

We can use John K. as escrow until that time

So what do you say?

Lol, typical lowbrow bitcoin scammer.  Let's see what you're proposing here...

1. I tie up 10BTC until 2016.
2. If, at that time, BTC is worth more than $10k, you win a minimum of 10BTC * $10,000 = $100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Dollars)
3. If, at that time, BTC is worth $10, like I think it will, I'll win 10BTC * $10.00 = $100 (One Hundred Dollars)

Hmm. pay you $100,000 if I lose, get $100 from you if I win...
The kind of bet only a true bitcoiner would take Cheesy
Protip: lrn 2 scam bro.

Edit, almost forgot your other question:
How can you take money from me when i don't sell my BTC Huh

My BTC won't buy itself you know.  Shrewd financiers such as yourself have to buy it Smiley
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:07:21 PM

I'll say this, when I actually used bitcoin I was never happy about the slow times to transfer coins. The constant fees being charged to covert to other coins. I won't talk about the money I lost at mt. gox but luckily I made money with NXT coin to make up for that loss.

I didn't like the how bloated bitcoin has become, especially when I had to download the blockchain that was very large and growing rapidly.

I didn't like having any money sitting on the exchanges. I didn't trust the safety of my wallets with all the malware out there today.

None of these fears I have with holding stock and USD cash. Easily exchangeable to any other currency in the world with no fees.

I just don't see bitcoin taking off. It had its popularity with china, which I never expected china to allow it to flourish like it had.

Anyone trying to invest in bitcoin now are really taking a huge risk. If you want to speculate with digital currency then buy into another coin.

However, it still sucks to use bitcoins for it because of the price fluctuations and the fees involved with buying and selling bitcoins.

For most products it will still make sense to use ebay and pay the fees because most people simply won't use open baazar if all they accept is bitcoins. You're going to get a lot more money for your product on ebay even with the fees than on open baazar.

Of course if you can sell illegal items like drugs on openbaazar then that is a different story.,

Using bitcoins only complicates things that USD does so much more easily. In Europe they are also able to transfer cash much easier and cheaper with their bank transfers.

You really sound like a paid shill account. And that is weird because you are here since 2011.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:01:33 PM

You really sound like a paid shill account. And that is weird because you are here since 2011.

Some people sell 2011 accounts for cheap. Check the digital goods forum and see
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: