Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Enough People Loose Their Money, Will Bitcoin Go Into a Long Bear Market?  (Read 2553 times)
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:08:17 PM

So whyt would happen if the majority of the community now would just put no more btc sale offers lower than maybe 380 for now on the exchanges??

It's nearly impossible to get the majority of the community to agree on anything.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:15:02 PM

I somehow don't gett it sometimes...

Bitcoin exchanges are still quite small things compared to stockexchanges like Wallstreet or stockmarket online exchanges, and we saw often enough this yera that the price can easily be manipulated in this or that direction.

So whyt would happen if the majority of the community now would just put no more btc sale offers lower than maybe 380 for now on the exchanges??

In my opinion 2 things....

1. Even that there still might be some guys who still like to give away their coins for nothing, those would be fast bought up, and then exchanges' ask sides would all show up prices o 380 and above.
Maybe ther would then be a short time where the trading volume would go near 0, but soon it would go up again and all people who want to buy bTC would see that the prices on all amjor exchanges are around the same, and the smaller would the also soon follow.

2. This would result in the price graphs to show a price encrease of over 50USD/BTC within let's say 3 or 4 hours, this would make many people think that the bottom had been through now and this would attract a lot of people to buy now before the price goes up more (that's how most of non professionals would think because of what they see)

So even if a lot of people (especially miners) need their coins to by changed to Fiat topay bills, this would not takes weeks for the price to move...and I think everybody ca wait some hours or a day to chnage their coins.

For sure are there also the big players on the market but except they hold short obligations they should also have no interest in such low BTC PRICE...

If more than 80%of the community would do this, we would sure be able to stabilise the price on a 400USD level with a few coordinated actions like this...

Just my opinion...but all who have hardware running at home should have the same interest to start eraning again some/more money...

More than 3,600 new coins are printed mined per day. You know how people complain about the FED printing money & making theirs worthless?  Bitcoin is doing what the FED is doing, only faster.
Most of the money-printers miners are not hobbyists but by commercial mega mines, which do it for profit and have bills to pay.  This means the coins have to be sold for fiat real money.

But I like your trick of limiting the supply by refusing to sell.  Artificial scarcity is the very gimmick Bitcoin and Beanie Babies are based on, so the idea isn't entirely original.
I'm sure many people think like yourself tho, and that's why I was able to sell my coins at a profit, leaving you with the bag.
I used to feel a bit guilty about it, but eventually learned to see myself as teaching you a valuable lesson & actually feel proud of what I do Smiley

Hope this clears things up.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:13:51 PM

Bitcoin exchanges are still quite small things compared to stockexchanges like Wallstreet or stockmarket online exchanges, and we saw often enough this yera that the price can easily be manipulated in this or that direction.

1. Even that there still might be some guys who still like to give away their coins for nothing, those would be fast bought up, and then exchanges' ask sides would all show up prices o 380 and above.
Maybe ther would then be a short time where the trading volume would go near 0, but soon it would go up again and all people who want to buy bTC would see that the prices on all amjor exchanges are around the same, and the smaller would the also soon follow.

2. This would result in the price graphs to show a price encrease of over 50USD/BTC within let's say 3 or 4 hours, this would make many people think that the bottom had been through now and this would attract a lot of people to buy now before the price goes up more (that's how most of non professionals would think because of what they see)

So even if a lot of people (especially miners) need their coins to by changed to Fiat topay bills, this would not takes weeks for the price to move...and I think everybody ca wait some hours or a day to chnage their coins.

For sure are there also the big players on the market but except they hold short obligations they should also have no interest in such low BTC PRICE...

If more than 80%of the community would do this, we would sure be able to stabilise the price on a 400USD level with a few coordinated actions like this...

Just my opinion...but all who have hardware running at home should have the same interest to start eraning again some/more money...

More than 3,600 new coins are printed mined per day. You know how people complain about the FED printing money & making theirs worthless?  Bitcoin is doing what the FED is doing, only faster.
Most of the money-printers miners are not hobbyists but by commercial mega mines, which do it for profit and have bills to pay.  This means the coins have to be sold for fiat real money.

But I like your trick of limiting the supply by refusing to sell.  Artificial scarcity is the very gimmick Bitcoin and Beanie Babies are based on, so the idea isn't entirely original.
I'm sure many people think like yourself tho, and that's why I was able to sell my coins at a profit, leaving you with the bag.
I used to feel a bit guilty about it, but eventually learned to see myself as teaching you a valuable lesson & actually feel proud of what I do Smiley

TROLLOLSCORE: 3/10 - Needs moar pomposity.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Silverspoon

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:36:49 PM

^"Troll" is a word bitcoiners used to discredit inconvenient facts.  Now that bitcoin experts have been shown for the goofy buffoons that they are, the word has acquired new meaning, something along the lines of "the guy who didn't drink enough bitcoin Kool Aid" Smiley
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:49:05 PM

^"Troll" is a word bitcoiners used to discredit inconvenient facts.  Now that bitcoin experts have been shown for the goofy buffoons that they are, the word has acquired new meaning, something along the lines of "the guy who didn't drink enough bitcoin Kool Aid" Smiley

Is this post your "expert" opinion on what bitcoin's price will do, or you taking the piss?

I'm sensing enthusiasm, gentlemen. This thing is getting ready to blow launch, last call!
Silverspoon

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:59:30 PM

Is this post your "expert" opinion on what bitcoin's price will do, or you taking the piss?

I'm sensing enthusiasm, gentlemen. This thing is getting ready to blow launch, last call!

It's a joke, friend, relax!  You'll enjoy it more Smiley
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:43:02 PM

Face it this way, pal. Many holders of the bitcoin are IT elites with deep $$$ in their pockets. Once bought, they wouldn't bother selling it in 10 years etc. Posts like this will only panic poor and weak average Joes with single digits BTC on hands...

So if your purpose is to shake BTC out of weak hands to help yourself fish the bottom, you will not succeed on this forum...

My belief is that people overestimate Bitcoin and almost every time they think of it as the stock market, they fail. Bitcoin is technlogy and technology is changing fast. You don't need to hold 10 years as the price can double within a few months and drop within days (or viceversa). The long term thinking timeframe is now changed, as we live in the century of speed.

Things change fast. Hold for 10 years and you might loose everything. If you still use 10 year old tech you're doing something wrong, as newer tech is more powerful, consumes less energy and is overall better than old tech.

Again, you shouldn't think of holding for 10 years. as you'd do with stock. Treat bitcoin as technology not as stock. Compared to Apple, Bitcoin is not Apple shares, is Apple iPhone.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 06:01:48 PM

Facts are we are really close to a bottom... I mean c'mon at $200 even I can afford to buy all the coins that are for sale... This is what is already happening & a lot of people refuse to sell around this 300 - 400 $ level so more and more coins are getting bought up everyday. Here on Broad St. in NYC I have never seen so many new comers buying their first BTC! 2015 should be an amazing year!
riiiiising (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:51:11 PM

Facts are we are really close to a bottom... I mean c'mon at $200 even I can afford to buy all the coins that are for sale... This is what is already happening & a lot of people refuse to sell around this 300 - 400 $ level so more and more coins are getting bought up everyday. Here on Broad St. in NYC I have never seen so many new comers buying their first BTC! 2015 should be an amazing year!

Yeah, maybe, but I doubt it. I'm not sure what is going to rally people in 2015? At least in spring 2013, people were excited about the notion of Cyprians using bitcoin as a store of value. I think it was very much overstated, but at least it was something. Then later in 2013, it was China and retail adoption, no?

Well, retail adoption has kind of sizzled out. The numbers coming are pretty disheartening. Consumers aren't interested, so where is there to go from here? I think many people who are buying now and thinking this is the bottom will be loosing even more money in 2015, that's all.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
marcus72ch

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:47:29 PM

I'm also such a "Money-Primter" by myself, and doing it also for business (not large business, but 25TH is at least a big hobby....for me more a small businnes) and I also have to pay the high electricity bills here in Switzerland and still I would be able to wait a few hours or even 1 or days to trade my coins,when I will get then 50, 80 or more USD more. And since the BTC market reacts very fast compared to other markets, this woud not take long (as I described before) FOR THE PRICE TO CLIMB.

But the point is that enough people must come to the same conclusion, but I feel that people today are in the mood "Better I sell all now, price could be less tomorrow" and this is the reason that in the end then really puts the price downwards.
On the Oilmarket or Soja or Aplle-Shares we (the people) do not really have it in our hands to change the market in some way, but on BTC Market we would.

Just still the problem how to get enough people together for a coordinated action....I'm sure it would work...BTC's were always bought, at 1000, at 800, 500 or 300...they were bought, so if sellers stop putting them on the market for less than a certain price, they willbe bought as well, maybe with a short downbreak os trade volume, but I'm sure this would only last some minutes to few hours..
Silverspoon

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:24:50 PM

I'm also such a "Money-Primter" by myself, and doing it also for business (not large business, but 25TH is at least a big hobby....for me more a small businnes) and I also have to pay the high electricity bills here in Switzerland and still I would be able to wait a few hours or even 1 or days to trade my coins,when I will get then 50, 80 or more USD more. And since the BTC market reacts very fast compared to other markets, this woud not take long (as I described before) FOR THE PRICE TO CLIMB.

You might be overestimating how much the market can be moved by miners.  If bitcoin was something like oil or food - a necessity that must be had at almost any price - temporarily halting the supply would quickly hike the price.  But it's not time-critical, not a necessity, and if the price goes up, the buyers can simply stop buying and either wait, or stop buying forever.

But the point is that enough people must come to the same conclusion, but I feel that people today are in the mood "Better I sell all now, price could be less tomorrow" and this is the reason that in the end then really puts the price downwards.
On the Oilmarket or Soja or Aplle-Shares we (the people) do not really have it in our hands to change the market in some way, but on BTC Market we would.

Just still the problem how to get enough people together for a coordinated action....I'm sure it would work...BTC's were always bought, at 1000, at 800, 500 or 300...they were bought, so if sellers stop putting them on the market for less than a certain price, they willbe bought as well, maybe with a short downbreak os trade volume, but I'm sure this would only last some minutes to few hours..

What you are describing is done all the time IRL.  Think OPEC (bunch of oil "miners" getting together and agreeing not to undersell each other), or even trade unions (a bunch of proles getting together and promising not to underbid each other).
And it works, but only when the stuff being sold is a necessity.  Bitcoin isn't.
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 02:00:04 PM

It's funny to come by this forum every so often and see the same conversations going on from years ago.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:07:46 AM

"First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then they loose." --Warren Buffet

The word is "lose".
What kind of idiot leaves a misspelled word in their signature?
Silly me, I just saw you made the same error in this thread title. Did you go to high school?

Not only that, the quote was not made by Warren Buffet.  Tongue
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:28:20 AM

In the future, we will see threads with extreme optimism...

It's funny to come by this forum every so often and see the same conversations going on from years ago.

Markets need both skill and patience, if anyone actually expects to win. People are learning "the hard way" why most traders and investors lose money.

Darkmatter12

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:32:59 PM

I have a dream... that one day we will see 1$ per btc

Roll Eyes
It will only be a dream.
riiiiising (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:00:17 PM

"First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then they loose." --Warren Buffet

The word is "lose".
Silly me, I just saw you made the same error in this thread title. Did you go to high school?

Not only that, the quote was not made by Warren Buffet.  Tongue

Are you sure about that? How about this one?

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's loosed their clothes and been swimming naked."

That's something a lot of people here should consider. Don't invest more than you're willing to loose.

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:27:04 PM

The word is "lose".

Your the idiot. If you think Warren Buffet can't spell properly, then you should take it up with him, not me. It's his quotation.
could have sworn it was gandhi

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
riiiiising (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:30:38 PM

The word is "lose".

Your the idiot. If you think Warren Buffet can't spell properly, then you should take it up with him, not me. It's his quotation.
could have sworn it was gandhi

Gandhi stole it from warren buffet

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4536

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:54:26 PM

A knuckle-walking moron.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: