Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Enough People Loose Their Money, Will Bitcoin Go Into a Long Bear Market?  (Read 2553 times)
riiiiising (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:16:45 PM

Let's face it fellas, almost everyone who heard about bitcoin at the end of 2013 or in 2014 has loosed money on their investment. Consumers aren't really adopting it, since it really only makes sense to use it when a retailer rolls out a big discount for bitcoin users. So I think many of these people who loosed their money aren't going to be coming back for a long time, and they're feeling let down. Probably the only reason we're still above $300 is because some of them don't want to accept their loose. But, soon they will accept it, cut it, and stop loosing sleep over it.

When that happens, $300 will be behind us and we'll then see several weeks or months of prices in the $200s or even lower. This is definitely a new era for bitcoin... but not the kind that most people here were expecting earlier in the year.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
ivyleague1985

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:20:34 PM

Face it this way, pal. Many holders of the bitcoin are IT elites with deep $$$ in their pockets. Once bought, they wouldn't bother selling it in 10 years etc. Posts like this will only panic poor and weak average Joes with single digits BTC on hands...

So if your purpose is to shake BTC out of weak hands to help yourself fish the bottom, you will not succeed on this forum...
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

"Go into"? Where have you been the past year!?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:10:44 PM

not yet not yet my friend, starts from low $200 and $100 soon

Where have I heard all this before... ah yes, around page 237 give or take.

except now $300 is the new $3 and *everyone* is going to get back in at $2xx just like everyone got back in at $2.xx back in the day Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:38:56 PM

except now $300 is the new $3 and *everyone* is going to get back in at $2xx just like everyone got back in at $2.xx back in the day Smiley

Yeah, because the amount of new fiat money coming in to pump the price now is the same than when it was at $2...

BTC price exploded when it was worth nothing and it just needed 2-3 deep pockets mofos to pump it (+ Willy and Markus bots + dotcom bubble-like euphoria + china shadow currency P&D speculation) therefore it should naturally continue to go parabolic indefinitely and never stop.

^^^ Nice perma-bull logic  Cheesy
sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:53:39 PM

Well, if everyone loosened their money to buy bitcoins then I think we'd have a bull market, right?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:57:03 PM

I have a dream... that one day we will see 1$ per btc

Roll Eyes

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:57:23 PM

OP's title simply described the last 12 months.  Little late to be asking this now.

Oh, and yet another troll account.  /Ignore.
sed

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

Roll Eyes

That day has come and gone man.  I think you had your dream in 2011 and have since woke up.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:00:57 PM

"First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then they loose." --Warren Buffet

The word is "lose".
What kind of idiot leaves a misspelled word in their signature?
Silly me, I just saw you made the same error in this thread title. Did you go to high school?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:01:22 PM

Roll Eyes

That day has come and gone man.  I think you had your dream in 2011 and have since woke up.

Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
riiiiising (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:05:26 PM

"First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then they loose." --Warren Buffet

The word is "lose".
Silly me, I just saw you made the same error in this thread title. Did you go to high school?

Your the idiot. If you think Warren Buffet can't spell properly, then you should take it up with him, not me. It's his quotation.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:44:43 PM

Yeah, because the amount of new fiat money coming in to pump the price now is the same than when it was at $2...

BTC price exploded when it was worth nothing and it just needed 2-3 deep pockets mofos to pump it (+ Willy and Markus bots + dotcom bubble-like euphoria + china shadow currency P&D speculation) therefore it should naturally continue to go parabolic indefinitely and never stop.

He doesn't sound like a perma-bull to me considering he sold all his bitcoins and is waiting for the bottom to buy back in. I thought perma-bulls only HODL.

Yeah I reckon you could be right - in 3 years time I'll be sat in a bar in alaska, having lost all my family and friends, failing health. Loads of bitcoin, all useless... Wink

Awwwww....buck-up, bucko!

Send me your worthless coins.

I don't have any yet, I'm waiting for the bottom to buy back in!
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:59:20 PM

He doesn't sound like a perma-bull to me considering he sold all his bitcoins and is waiting for the bottom to buy back in. I thought perma-bulls only HODL.

Yeah I reckon you could be right - in 3 years time I'll be sat in a bar in alaska, having lost all my family and friends, failing health. Loads of bitcoin, all useless... Wink

Awwwww....buck-up, bucko!

Send me your worthless coins.

I don't have any yet, I'm waiting for the bottom to buy back in!

Aw you busted me! I'm just a cheap sellout day trader trying to move the market by posting on bitcointalk. It will be easy for me to convince everyone that this is a perfect time to buy in by hype and FOMO. This definitely works. For sure. 100%.

I think WFN raises a good point. There is definitely the same amount of money floating around the bitcoinosphere now, as there was back then! For sure. 100%.

In conclusion, I have traded my cow for some magic beans in the hopes they will grow into a beanstalk that I can climb and subsequently steal a pot of gold from a giant. My plan can't fail. For sure 100%.

Can I have my permabull label back now please? Cheesy

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:03:55 PM

Yes I think BTC isnt cheap yet to start the selling but if it goes below $300 I am sure there will be panic sellers.
jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

Can I have my permabull label back now please? Cheesy

Only if you still have your magic beans.
sed

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:13:11 PM

The word is "lose".

YourYou're the idiot. If you think Warren Buffet can't spell properly, then you should take it up with him, not me. It's his quotation.

FTFY.  Who do we blame for this one?

I, for one, have a hard time believing that WB doesn't know the difference between lose and loose. Smiley
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 03:55:24 AM

It might, considering their initial panic attack after the loss.

a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:12:36 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 04:22:51 AM by a fool and his money ...

Let's face it fellas, almost everyone who heard about bitcoin at the end of 2013 or in 2014 has loosed money on their investment. Consumers aren't really adopting it, since it really only makes sense to use it when a retailer rolls out a big discount for bitcoin users. So I think many of these people who loosed their money aren't going to be coming back for a long time, and they're feeling let down. Probably the only reason we're still above $300 is because some of them don't want to accept their loose. But, soon they will accept it, cut it, and stop loosing sleep over it.

When that happens, $300 will be behind us and we'll then see several weeks or months of prices in the $200s or even lower. This is definitely a new era for bitcoin... but not the kind that most people here were expecting earlier in the year.

i think those who didn't sell now are likely to hold (go down with the ship) or buy altcoins for their money which are better than bitcoin with its inflation-problem.

From my point of view it's too late to dump bitcoin. In case it keeps going down i'll sell my remaining coins for alts such as quark and the likes.

Later in 2015 you will see coins go up to large marketcap - maybe next year already we can see one or two coins surpass bitcoin - panic will be great then amongst the big bagholders. I think in early 2016 we'll be getting a lot markets on exchanges with other basecurrencies than bitcoin in case things happen as i see them happen.
In late 2016 you'll hear about the ATM-machine producers they provide new software and all bitcoin atm's will switch over to a new coin with as little effort as a software update. Merchants will accept that coin too. In 2017 and 2018 merchants will stop accepting bitcoin then while it hovers around 1$ a coin and that's the end of it then.

Would bitcoin not have had this inflation and other problems to  surpress price; people would have adopted it much faster. Right now it's the thing you DON'T recommend to your friends anymore.

exactly! just like those perma-bulls keep calling $1000 $900 $800 .. $400 $300 $200 .. $1 as the new bottoms!
old days are coming back, same is the old price ($3 or whatever) you miss so much

if it goes down to 1$ it will go to 10 cents too, so no need to hurry to buy.
marcus72ch

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:54:34 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 07:46:38 PM by marcus72ch

I somehow don't gett it sometimes...

Bitcoin exchanges are still quite small things compared to stockexchanges like Wallstreet or stockmarket online exchanges, and we saw often enough this yera that the price can easily be manipulated in this or that direction.

So whyt would happen if the majority of the community now would just put no more btc sale offers lower than maybe 380 for now on the exchanges??

In my opinion 2 things....

1. Even that there still might be some guys who still like to give away their coins for nothing, those would be fast bought up, and then exchanges' ask sides would all show up prices o 380 and above.
Maybe ther would then be a short time where the trading volume would go near 0, but soon it would go up again and all people who want to buy bTC would see that the prices on all amjor exchanges are around the same, and the smaller would the also soon follow.

2. This would result in the price graphs to show a price encrease of over 50USD/BTC within let's say 3 or 4 hours, this would make many people think that the bottom had been through now and this would attract a lot of people to buy now before the price goes up more (that's how most of non professionals would think because of what they see)

So even if a lot of people (especially miners) need their coins to by changed to Fiat topay bills, this would not takes weeks for the price to move...and I think everybody ca wait some hours or a day to chnage their coins.

For sure are there also the big players on the market but except they hold short obligations they should also have no interest in such low BTC PRICE...

If more than 80%of the community would do this, we would sure be able to stabilise the price on a 400USD level with a few coordinated actions like this...

Just my opinion...but all who have hardware running at home should have the same interest to start eraning again some/more money...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: