Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Qt How to run as a server?  (Read 821 times)
TELMEXXX (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:47:56 PM

Script from my site must access to the wallet and give commands to create addresses, and more.
My bitcoin.conf
server=1
rpcuser=bitcoinrpc
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=8332

Bitcoin-Qt label run with parameters -server, and -daemon, all run on the PC and working properly.
In a script to connect write host, password, login, and port.  As pointed host my ip do not connect, and my host name is found on the site http://www.displaymyhostname.com - not connected.   
I would be very grateful for the help)
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:52:12 PM

You'll need to do two things, firstly you need to port forward if you have a router, there's plenty of guides on the internet for that, just google "port forwarding for *INSERT YOUR ROUTER BRAND AND MODEL HERE*", the port would be 8333 and 8332 TCP.

Secondly, you may need to add to your bitcoin.conf:

Code:
rpcallowip=*
This will make sure that any IP can connect, not just ones on your LAN, or localhost.

WARNING: You might want to configure it to the exact IPs, or an IP range of where you'll normally connect from, this will protect you from hackers brute forcing your server

TELMEXXX (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:18:17 PM

You'll need to do two things, firstly you need to port forward if you have a router, there's plenty of guides on the internet for that, just google "port forwarding for *INSERT YOUR ROUTER BRAND AND MODEL HERE*", the port would be 8333 and 8332 TCP.

Secondly, you may need to add to your bitcoin.conf:

Code:
rpcallowip=*
This will make sure that any IP can connect, not just ones on your LAN, or localhost.

WARNING: You might want to configure it to the exact IPs, or an IP range of where you'll normally connect from, this will protect you from hackers brute forcing your server

thank you.
Ports were opened, and I added this line  rpcallowip=* in bitcoin.conf , but script can't connect to wallet Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: