Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:11:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New DDOS services by the Lizard Squad what can we learn from Bitcoin?  (Read 1182 times)
Sythyn (OP)

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:30:15 PM

http://thecryptonewsnetwork.com/lizard-squad-under-investigation-by-the-f-b-i-decentralized-network-usability-on-the-increase-because-of-new-security-issues/

Today the Lizard Squad, famously known for the Sony network DDOS attacks and Xbox Live DDOS attacks have launched a DDOS service that allows regular users to take down high intensity networks. They boast for a low cost the ability to take down any type of network with a denial of service attack. The Lizard Squad is currently under investigation by the F.B.I. for DDOS attacks. http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/30/fbi-confirms-lizard-squad-under-investigation-for-psn-xbox-live-attacks/

The only payment method currently is for Bitcoin throwing more shade on crypto currency for it’s “darknet” uses. Even more interesting is that soon they will have the ability to use paypal through the site. The nature of DDOS attacks is highly illegal and is a criminal activity.

The scariest part of this is that it is a streamlined process that attempts to give the general public an opportunity to create a large scale denial of service attacks and with minimal effort and monetary input.

The irony of the entire situation is that Bitcoin a decentralized payment system cannot be taken down by these DDOS attacks. The question must be asked: As these services escalate shouldn’t decentralized networks become more commonplace within society?

The more important question is can industries learn from Bitcoins decentralized nature to avoid these attacks?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:19:49 PM

almost worth buying the $6 package to see if it takes down gameservers and websites or just more worthless hackforums product trading off the name

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

Lizard Squad launches DDoS tool that lets anyone take down online services, starting at $6 per month

Lizard Squad, the “hacker” group best known for attacking Microsoft’s Xbox Live and Sony’s PlayStation Network, has now launched a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack tool. Now anyone can now take down the website or online service of their choice thanks to “Lizard Stresser,” which we’re not linking to for obvious reasons.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/30/lizard-squad-launches-ddos-tool-that-lets-anyone-take-down-online-services-starting-at-5-99-per-month/

The service only accepts the cryptocurrency bitcoin, ...

I quit reading here, after having my suppositions piqued upon reading the OP. I honestly don't believe for a second that Lizard Squad is behind this venture. Reads to me more like an opportunist(s).
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:48:55 PM

is the website in the internet or is it in the dw?
hungergamespro132

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:14:05 PM

almost worth buying the $6 package to see if it takes down gameservers and websites or just more worthless hackforums product trading off the name
fbi-confirms-lizard-squad-under-investigation-for-psn-xbox-live-attacks/
i think they are pretty strong

dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

http://thecryptonewsnetwork.com/lizard-squad-under-investigation-by-the-f-b-i-decentralized-network-usability-on-the-increase-because-of-new-security-issues/

Today the Lizard Squad, famously known for the Sony network DDOS attacks and Xbox Live DDOS attacks have launched a DDOS service that allows regular users to take down high intensity networks. They boast for a low cost the ability to take down any type of network with a denial of service attack. The Lizard Squad is currently under investigation by the F.B.I. for DDOS attacks. http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/30/fbi-confirms-lizard-squad-under-investigation-for-psn-xbox-live-attacks/

The only payment method currently is for Bitcoin throwing more shade on crypto currency for it’s “darknet” uses. Even more interesting is that soon they will have the ability to use paypal through the site. The nature of DDOS attacks is highly illegal and is a criminal activity.

The scariest part of this is that it is a streamlined process that attempts to give the general public an opportunity to create a large scale denial of service attacks and with minimal effort and monetary input.

The irony of the entire situation is that Bitcoin a decentralized payment system cannot be taken down by these DDOS attacks. The question must be asked: As these services escalate shouldn’t decentralized networks become more commonplace within society?

The more important question is can industries learn from Bitcoins decentralized nature to avoid these attacks?

If they are being under investigation by the FBI , then why are they offering the service to DDOS sites?
Wouldn't it be bad for them?

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 09:27:58 PM

"and soon they want accept paypal"  Cheesy ? are you kidding me? fishy!

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:37:37 PM

If they are being under investigation by the FBI , then why are they offering the service to DDOS sites?
Wouldn't it be bad for them?
theres nothing inherently illegal about running network stress testing service, these things have been sold for years on hf and other basement gamer nerd forums and nothing happens except the paypal account gets banned when other basement gamer nerd selling rival services report them, call it a stresser not a ddos tool and include a tos forbidding unauthorized attacks and you're good to go

"and soon they want accept paypal"  Cheesy ? are you kidding me? fishy!
not fishy at all, most booters accept paypal, if they didnt they'd do no business because the customer are usually teenagers who lack the wherewithal to get money into btc

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:32:18 PM

Maybe Uncle Ben has the most appropriate quote here..

"With great power comes great responsibility"

If you have the knowledge to disrupt and destroy networks, you also have the ability to put measures in place to stop such attacks. The attack on Sony and Xbox was childish to say the least, ruining Christmas for millions of gamers. I think there's quite a few people that don't like Sony's policies on copyright infringement but we use their products every day, do we want Sony to have to delay and scrap PS4 titles because they are constantly fighting DDOS attacks? NO

The sad truth is the DDOS attacks are going to increase unless the entire internet is rewritten, they have been on a major increase over the last year. I attribute the increase in DDOS attacks to the increased interest in Cryptocurrencies, all the need for more storage and more computer power has begun to dwarf some of the major players. I bet that even a medium sized mining pool could do a significant amount of damage to a large company.

Sony, Microsoft and others should take note of this as foreshadowing of future events and start working on the tech now, involving the authorities and legal means can only stave it off for so long.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:13:10 PM

You know what the killer app for this "DDOS service" is?

Targeting Bitcoin mining pools & exchanges. Now lets let this community rip itself apart.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:36:05 AM

Lizard Squad launches DDoS tool that lets anyone take down online services, starting at $6 per month

Lizard Squad, the “hacker” group best known for attacking Microsoft’s Xbox Live and Sony’s PlayStation Network, has now launched a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack tool. Now anyone can now take down the website or online service of their choice thanks to “Lizard Stresser,” which we’re not linking to for obvious reasons.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/30/lizard-squad-launches-ddos-tool-that-lets-anyone-take-down-online-services-starting-at-5-99-per-month/

The service only accepts the cryptocurrency bitcoin, ...

I quit reading here, after having my suppositions piqued upon reading the OP. I honestly don't believe for a second that Lizard Squad is behind this venture. Reads to me more like an opportunist(s).

They posted about it on their twitter, seems legit to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: