Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atoms4D Virtual Reality - Bitcoin Square  (Read 571 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:35:02 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 10:49:12 PM by owenprescott

Hello all, it's the guy that brought you Bitcoin condoms lol. Anyway I'm back with a big project that I'm working on and I'm looking to the Bitcoin community for ideas. My project is called Atoms4D which is an upcoming virtual reality simulator with support for the Oculus and/or whatever devices are most popular in the VR market over the coming years. The simulator will have MMORPG style mechanics however I'm not treating the simulator as a game, to me it' more of a platform to enable users to build brands, promote business and to even earn money (+Bitcoins).

My main reason for posting here is that I'm planning on creating a "Bitcoin square" which will act as the financial district in one of the large moving cities in the Atoms4D Universe. The square can potentially be populated with a variety of business, brands etc related to Bitcoin and so this is an offer to companies, startups, non-profits and brands interested in owning some VR real estate (no costs involved). As the project has been developing every step of the way I have been thinking about how I can introduce Bitcoin into the fold and these are some of my favourite ideas (Bitcoin square aside)...

1) Virtual Reality Bitcoin Exchange (Ambitious but my favourite idea)
2) Bitcoin as in-game currency (Or even a dedicated altcoin?)

I should add that at the moment it's just me working on this project however I've made a fair bit amount of progress and users have already started to register which is a good sign. In fact some won't stop emailing me about this project. Anyway I feel as though if any community is going to get involved as Atoms4D early adopters it will be the Bitcoin community, especially considering the simulator is currently best suited to moderate to high end PC's  Grin. Eventually the experience will be available on Android, IOS, Mac and potentially even consoles so don't feel left out if you like crappy Apple products but for now I only have beta's for Windows users.

I will end with a short video preview showing an early development build which I will share upload as a second beta in the near future. Note that video is far from final quality and the textures etc will be fixed in upcoming betas. Oh and don't forget to share any ideas and to contact me regarding the square proposition, there will be limited space so I'm looking for quality and spaces that will add value.

YouTube Preview:

http://youtu.be/Yosk28yovUY

Sample images:

Switched to a new domain today so the site is partially under construction but it's still worth a look...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:49:21 AM

Nice  idea! Looking forward to seeing how this develops,signed up Wink

Ps my only input as a passer by would be to stick to btc rather than try to get an altcoin of your own. Imho it just confuses casual non crypto people, dilutes btc adoption and it would be harder to benefit from the large btc infrastructure building up out there.

Pps i remeber getting exited about 'home' on the ps3 and it's potential, but that was a worthless flop in the end - i think the main reason was that it just too long to access the interesting bits, could be something worth looking into as a way to avoid going the same way!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:39:51 PM

I remember PlayStation Home and I could create a long list of reasons why it failed. First of all it was basically just an online sims game with bowling lol. Also all users were able to do is basically walk around and play some mini-games in an unoriginal world only a big company like Sony would create.

Atoms4D is going to be a completely different animal, my goal is to create an experience that allows users significant freedom in regards to how they coexist with each other. In the Atoms4D universe for example you will be able to develop on your own land and rent it out, sell it and even invade other peoples territory. In fact you could even advertise something like "Free giveaways" and when users arrive you can ambush them and try to steal there craft, bots and items. The idea is to make this experience strategical, you can't just travel around without investing in protection and if you own buildings or land it's a good idea to keep an eye on neighbours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: