Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:04:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin is the best investment in 2014 in your mind?  (Read 2873 times)
marcoman22

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:45:49 PM

Bitcoin will definitely reach new heights in 2015 and moreover price is good atm , so great buying opportunity.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:47:06 AM

Bitcoin will definitely reach new heights in 2015 and moreover price is good atm , so great buying opportunity.
I think Bitcoin is gonna recover and go right back up to where it was last November but for 2015 my eyes are currently on 1. SpreadCoin - I truly believe before the end of 2015 this will be a top 10 coinmarketcap coin. 2. OpalCoin - With only 15 million coins and one of the most active Teams I've ever seen in crypto EVER and nonstop features and new ideas popping out almost weekly this coin will for sure make anyone who invests in it now a good penny within the year if not sooner. 3. Digital Price - I like the team behind DP because they are totally cool with everyone knowing who they are and work very hard on their coin and the development is coming along nicely Smiley match that with 18.5 million coin supply and you got another coin worth collecting now and saving till mid year 2015.  Lastly I believe that NakamotoDark is a decent investment especially right now at how low it is priced because of miner dumps but the Devs and Team seem determined with their roadmap to make this coin a stay around coin and once the POW phase ends and it's strictly POS that's when the real trading will start so I believe this coin is worth grabbing now and holding till at least February to see what happens with it.  Also as a rookie coin and. a good concept and idea behind it I'm going to say VapeCoin.  Vaporizers are becoming so big nowadays that all of my friends have them and I'm the only one that smokes anymore lol But I do think with the proper marketing and the right promotion of this coin that it quite possibly might be a wild card worth getting right now Smiley Plus there is only going to be 12 million POW coins and the rest of the 50 million supply is going to be POS so that's another reason I can see value in grabbing this coin now and holding it.  But that's the trick for the impatient flipper trader is all the coin that I have mentioned have the utmost potential to be very profitable in 2015 but most traders aren't willing to hold onto them long enough to show the true value of the coin Smiley Anyways that's my two cents and thanks for listening Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

bitcurrenty

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:17:27 AM

You guys will see the spike of Spreadcoin in the second half of this month.  Grin

bitcurrenty

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:22:16 AM

I think Bitcoin is gonna recover and go right back up to where it was last November but for 2015 my eyes are currently on 1. SpreadCoin - I truly believe before the end of 2015 this will be a top 10 coinmarketcap coin. 2. OpalCoin - With only 15 million coins and one of the most active Teams I've ever seen in crypto EVER and nonstop features and new ideas popping out almost weekly this coin will for sure make anyone who invests in it now a good penny within the year if not sooner. 3. Digital Price - I like the team behind DP because they are totally cool with everyone knowing who they are and work very hard on their coin and the development is coming along nicely Smiley match that with 18.5 million coin supply and you got another coin worth collecting now and saving till mid year 2015.  Lastly I believe that NakamotoDark is a decent investment especially right now at how low it is priced because of miner dumps but the Devs and Team seem determined with their roadmap to make this coin a stay around coin and once the POW phase ends and it's strictly POS that's when the real trading will start so I believe this coin is worth grabbing now and holding till at least February to see what happens with it.  Also as a rookie coin and. a good concept and idea behind it I'm going to say VapeCoin.  Vaporizers are becoming so big nowadays that all of my friends have them and I'm the only one that smokes anymore lol But I do think with the proper marketing and the right promotion of this coin that it quite possibly might be a wild card worth getting right now Smiley Plus there is only going to be 12 million POW coins and the rest of the 50 million supply is going to be POS so that's another reason I can see value in grabbing this coin now and holding it.  But that's the trick for the impatient flipper trader is all the coin that I have mentioned have the utmost potential to be very profitable in 2015 but most traders aren't willing to hold onto them long enough to show the true value of the coin Smiley Anyways that's my two cents and thanks for listening Wink Cheers
Yes,Spreadcoin is the my NO.1 investment in 2015.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:49:21 AM

What najzenmajsen means with "1" is : First coin on coinmarketcap.com
finally someone gets me  Cheesy
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:23:56 PM

Yes,Spreadcoin is the my NO.1 investment in 2015.
And might I mention that at the price it costs to mine SpreadCoin right now it is cheaper to buy it off the exchanges Smiley So I suggest anyone willing to make some really good money this year and is willing to actually hold onto a coin for longer than a day to invest in SpreadCoin Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

fullhouse

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:26:14 PM

nxt is the best invest in 2014.
 Roll Eyes who join nxt's ipo . who will be rich
that's why so many scam ipo . people all want to invest a coin like nxt

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:30:19 PM

nxt is the best invest in 2014.
 Roll Eyes who join nxt's ipo . who will be rich
that's why so many scam ipo . people all want to invest a coin like nxt
I was actually just reading up on NXT and it definitely seems like a decent investment for sure without a doubt Smiley Thanks for sharing that knowledge with us Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:35:28 PM

1. NOXT / NOBLE is really interesting project.

2. Fibre

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:51:25 PM

What do people think of SquareBit? I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about that coin but I think that it hasn't been to bad of an investment so far for people that know how to read charts and determine when to jump in and out Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:12:04 PM

What do people think of SquareBit? I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about that coin but I think that it hasn't been to bad of an investment so far for people that know how to read charts and determine when to jump in and out Smiley
i dont quite understand what you're saying here , there's not a single coin in this world that isent good if you would know exactly when to jump out and when to jump in..
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:19:55 PM

i dont quite understand what you're saying here , there's not a single coin in this world that isent good if you would know exactly when to jump out and when to jump in..
Well we were talking about investments and I was asking what people thought about investing in SquareBit because there has been a lot of FUD surrounding this coin and if it was going to deliver what it is promising to deliver and I was just saying that right now it seems like a good investment because it's like riding waves right now that's all and I understand that yes any coin can be a good investment if you know how to jump in and out I was just wondering what people's opinions on SquareBit was that's all Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:36:12 AM

Tilecoin

Internet of things.

http://postscapes.com/blockchains-and-the-internet-of-things

Blockchains and the Internet of Things

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin represent much more than digital economic innovations. The true value of the underlying technology -- the blockchain -- has only just begun to be explored, and potential applications to the Internet of Things and Smart Systems are vast.

To understand why, let’s review the basics of how Bitcoin, and blockchains generally, work.
Blockchain Basics
Blockchains, Altchains, and Sidechains
Applications for IoT and Smart Systems
Resources
Projects
Companies
Blockchain Basics

If you haven't been living under a rock you are aware of Bitcoin as a popular (and controversial) cryptocurrency -- a form of money that can be transferred securely and anonymously across a widely distributed peer-to-peer network. The Bitcoin blockchain is essentially a ledger of all legitimate transactions that have occurred on the network so far, which is maintained by the collaborative efforts of all the nodes in the network.

The process is automatic, based on consensus, and fully auditable. That creates a “trustless” system where nobody has to put their faith in anyone else, because the Bitcoin network itself is guaranteed to keep a fair and accurate record of which bitcoins belong to whom (solving what is known as the Byzantine Generals Problem).

The Bitcoin blockchain is built up over time, as new transactions are added to the ledger. Whenever two people exchange bitcoins, an encrypted record of the transaction is sent out to all other nodes in the Bitcoin network. The other nodes verify the transaction by performing complex cryptographic calculations on the data in the record, and notify one another each time a new “block” of transactions is confirmed as legitimate (Every 10 minutes). When a majority of the nodes agree that a block passes muster, they all add it to the ledger and use the updated version as a cryptographic basis for encrypting and verifying future transactions.

That way, the blockchain can record an accurate history of Bitcoin exchanges and, because it’s constantly being extended and verified collectively, is basically impervious to fraud (outside of flaws in the underlining structure [See Satoshi's original whitepaper here], a 51% attack, or other weakness in the system).

Blockchains, Altchains, and Sidechains

Since Bitcoin was first created in 2009, many other cryptocurrencies or "altcoins" have sprung up using similar structures. Each has its own blockchain, often called “altchains” because they are largely based on forks of the Bitcoin software.

Developers quickly realized that blockchains weren’t restricted to monetary transactions -- they could be used to track and verify any kind of digital exchange. Perhaps the most prominent example is Namecoin, a distributed DNS namespace. The Namecoin blockchain is a record of who controls which name in the .bit namespace (e.g. mydomain.bit). Another example is Datacoin, which lets users store data in its blockchain.

The trouble with the proliferation of altchains is two-fold. One: The security and reliability of a blockchain network depends on its size -- the number of nodes involved -- and the Bitcoin blockchain has a big lead in terms of its computing power, which makes it difficult for fledgling cryptocurrencies to gain widespread adoption. Two: Forking development results in siloing of the assets and networks of altchains. That means each altchain duplicates a lot of the code and functionality of other blockchains without being directly integrated with them (which is due partly to the reluctance of Bitcoin’s developers to make big changes to the software now that there’s so much at stake in the network). It also means that assets -- like Bitcoins or Namecoins -- can’t be transferred directly between blockchains (there are third-party exchanges for that).

To solve both those problems, some developers have proposed a concept called the “sidechain.” Sidechains enable developers to create software that iterates on a “parent” blockchain, while allowing assets to be directly transferred between the parent and the sidechain, and from one sidechain to another.

That means the Bitcoin “parent” blockchain could spawn sidechains to handle the exchange of names, data, or other assets within the Bitcoin network without altering the core functionality of Bitcoin. (See a list of potential applications here)

Applications for IoT and Smart Systems

As blockchains and sidechains proliferate, there are several important implications for the Internet of Things and the development of Smart Systems. For one, blockchain technology could provide a way to track the unique history of individual devices, by recording a ledger of data exchanges between it and other devices, web services, and human users.

Blockchains could also enable smart devices to become independent agents, autonomously conducting a variety of transactions. Imagine a vending machine that can not only monitor and report its own stock, but can solicit bids from distributors and pay for the delivery of new items automatically -- based, of course, on the purchase history of its customers. Or a suite of smart home appliances that can bid with one another for priority so that the laundry machine, dishwasher and robo-vacuum all run at an appropriate time while minimizing the cost of electricity against current grid prices. Or a vehicle that can diagnose, schedule and pay for its own maintenance.

At a more abstract level, blockchain networks themselves also have the potential to become independent agents, what some have referred to as “Distributed Autonomous Corporations.” These would supplant systems like banking and arbitration, which have traditionally relied on trusted and centralized human authorities, with trustless and decentralized networks. Examples include electronic couriers to securely transfer sensitive information, escrow services to transfer ownership rights, or even auto-installation services to verify and push updates to the software governing other DACs.

ibm-blockchain

"In the absence of a centralized server brokering messages, supporting file storage and transfers, and arbitrating roles and permissions, any decentralized IoT solution should support three foundational types of transactions:

• Trustless peer-to-peer messaging
• Secure distributed data sharing
• A robust and scalable form of device coordination.'

Source: IBM Institute for Business Value (PDF)

blockchain-stack
Blockchain Application Stack - Credit: Joel Monegro, Coindesk

Building a distributed future

Blockchains and cryptocurrencies are a fairly new invention, and current applications only scrape the surface of their possible uses. As various companies, projects and individuals begin thinking about ways to apply blockchains to the IoT and Smart Systems, we’ll collect information about those developments and other resources below.

Resources
The Fifth Protocol - BY Naval Ravikant (April 2014)
Minimum Viable Block Chain - By Ilya Grigorik (May 2014) H/T @mjfreshyfresh
Farstuff: The IoT Podcast - #9: Bitcoin & The IoT (June 2014)
Bitcoin and the Three Laws of Robotics - by Stan Larimer (Sept 2014)
Device democracy: Saving the future of the Internet of Things - IBM (Sept 2014)
The Blockchain Application Stack - By Joel Monegro (Nov 2014)
Decentralized Money: Bitcoin 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 - IEET By Melanie Swan (Nov 2014)
Bitcoin Series 24: The Mega-Master Blockchain List
Keywords:
Distributed Autonomous Corporation (DAC)
Object-oriented ontology (OOO)

Projects
IBM Adept
Companies

Cryptotronix
"A manufacturer of cryptographic open source hardware and software."

TilePay
"A free decentralized application that is downloaded to your personal computer, laptop or mobile phone. Each product, service and/or asset that is created by the decentralized application will have it’s own unique token that can be easily transferable person-to-person via the bitcoins blockchain."

Sidechains
Blockstream

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:00:09 PM

Tilecoin?? Sounds like another shitcoin to me  Roll Eyes
dsly

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:16:20 PM

Tilecoin?? Sounds like another shitcoin to me  Roll Eyes

Well it is one.

finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:06:34 PM

I would say it would reach new heights next year after halving, so best to buy in 2016. 2015 will probably be a really uncertain year.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: