Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin hyperadoption is inevitable if you understand game theory.  (Read 1803 times)
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:17:54 PM

Still comparing BTC to the internet? No, y'all pumpers got the analogy wrong. Bitcoin is more like the AOL of money, not the internet of money.
Did developers build large numbers of services and infrastructure on top of AOL?

Building stuff on top of Bitcoin makes it hard to be replaced, even if it isn't the best system.
The venture capital money invested in bitcoin companies, infrastructure etc is not a guarantee of anything. Venture capital investments are by definition something can fail miserably.
Not talking about venture capital. There already exist services, applications, that are being used. A lot of them open source. And Bitcoin has by far the most.

> How could replacing bitcoin be difficoult?
> Nah.  Everything built on top of bitcoin works just fine with a clone (bitcoin with different genesis block).

If it's just a clone, there is not even a reason *to* swap it out. (The clone with the most use has the most value. Bitcoin.) It may be easy to do, but it's far from zero work. Difficulty can also come in the interconnectedness of other services... If your service relies on the API of another service. This doesn't get swapped out over night.

Sure, there are no guarantees. I have owned some of the more interesting altcoins in the past.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:29:47 PM

> How could replacing bitcoin be difficoult?
> Nah.  Everything built on top of bitcoin works just fine with a clone (bitcoin with different genesis block).

If it's just a clone, there is not even a reason *to* swap it out.

Sure there is.  The clone doesn't have an artificially inflated price.  Or, you know, just for lel, to send bitcoin hodlers to the poorhouse.  We're not talking much money here - bitcoin's entire market cap is pocket change for guys like Buffett.  He's old, and I hear you can't take it with you.

(The clone with the most use has the most value. Bitcoin.) It may be easy to do, but it's far from zero work. Difficulty can also come in the interconnectedness of other services... If your service relies on the API of another service. This doesn't get swapped out over night.

No, actually.  All the interconnections are identical to bitcoin V1.0 sorry, forgot, still in beta.  Make that 0.10.0rc1.  The software already tests for invalid transactions.
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:24:15 PM

This is the same guy who says his total assets are worth $3,600. Totally sounds like a successful person to listen to about the future of money.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:38:12 PM

Buffett?  I think it's more like 65 billion dollars.
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:02:11 PM

Buffett?  I think it's more like 65 billion dollars.

No not Buffett, the OP.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:58:01 AM

To be fair, most of us were just trying to download naked women line by line anyway   

This really struck a chord.  Grin
I guess a lot of people bought bitcoins to buy drugs off the internet during the initial days. This will be a very small part of Bitcoin going forward.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: