Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:38:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Investment  (Read 1850 times)
maxme (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 09:43:45 PM

Hi,

I just bought my first bitcoins (200BTC) after lurking around for a while.

I'm looking to invest half (100BTC) of my fortune somewhere, of course I'm aware I can loose my investement.

I heard about glbse.com, is their any other bitcoin investment sites or "bank" like this ?

Thanks,
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 10:35:45 PM

Welcome to Bitcoin!

Just between you and me and the rest of the internet, I don't trust glbse.

I would put your bitcoins in cold storage (if that represents your savings) and leave it at that.

Or whatever, do what you want sheesh stop hassling me...
eurosail

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:25:34 AM

I think that there is a good amount of money to be made in mining. It doesn't have the same returns of some of the shady pirate funds, is relatively safe. Be careful where you put your money. Always do your homework so that you don't risk too much in the event that someone runs off with your money.
maxme (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 08:34:42 AM

So, which mining bond do you recommend ?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 08:36:41 AM

MOORE is a good one.

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 08:48:36 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 05:19:26 AM by opticbit

Pyramining, Pooled bitcoins to pay for mining, with a referral program built in
~5% in 10 months
http://pyramining.com/referral/74kzrf9da
http://pyramining.com/referral/hsfpcg28q
http://pyramining.com/referral/p9c7t3eq6

i like feedzebirds on glbse almost everything else is mining or piratepass

or any other good ponzi/pyramid check my sig

or try Bitcoin Savings and Trust..  7%/week https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.0
a large number of funds on GLBSE are a piratepass BS&T- bitcoinmax.com https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83904.0 is a favorite among many

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 08:57:01 AM

An account at "Bitcoin Savings & Trust" (starting August 1st) or the appropriate "Pirate"-bond on GLBSE can give you a nice weekly return if you are willing to accept the risk.

cjgames.com
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:43:11 AM

I am a bit bias as I run Gamma Bitcoin Fund Tongue
But have a look at it Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.0
We are a transparent and open investment fund that heavily diversifies and hence can keep a low risk.
//DeaDTerra
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:52:00 PM

I'll second the Gamma fund - I'm about to send BTC into that fund.

I'm quite satisfied with the diversity, transparency, and intensity of the fund manager.

There's well-thought-out exposure & properly limited participation in Bitcoin Savings & Trust (Pirate)

Not all the fund's investments are through the GLBSE; for example there's a fractional ownership of Bitcoin Magazine.

I don't have the time to monitor the world of bitcoin as closely as I wish, and for me especially, this is where the fund manager will earn his fee.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 01:42:53 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2012, 01:55:18 PM by Vandroiy

Good thing I started tracking the ad people.

Bitcoin Savings and Trust is a Ponzi scheme, a fraudulent High Yield Investment Program. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-yield_investment_program

I am also suspecting DeaDTerra of being a child operation of one of the numerous scams currently underway. Update: this has just been confirmed, he is openly tunneling funds into a bond that in turn tunnels into the Pirateat40 Ponzi. This is inexcusable even as a mistake. Blacklisted.

If you really want to invest in an extreme-return high-risk fund, track the operation in question until you are confident it is credible. Logs or witness accounts of unknown people on the forum are as useless as actual returns in the past; the ability to pay all requests until the last second of operation is a defining property of Ponzi schemes.

We are currently trying to starve the money inflow into the "securities" in question to trigger their end. Please help out by spreading explicit warnings to anyone who might invest without the necessary prior research. Please refrain from any questionable investments on the Bitcoin forum in the next months.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 01:51:17 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2012, 02:33:01 PM by Vladimir

For what it worth, I, personally, do not invest into any GLBSE traded or bitcoin denominated assets and list of companies which I would consider investing, or have already invested, either time or money in, can be found here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91344.0

and again it is only when I would want to diversify a bit away from direct BTC holdings.

-
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:25:47 PM

I am also suspecting DeaDTerra of being a child operation of one of the numerous scams currently underway. Update: this has just been confirmed, he is openly tunneling funds into a bond that in turn tunnels into the Pirateat40 Ponzi. This is inexcusable even as a mistake. Blacklisted.
What the fuck?!

DeaDTerra runs one of the most transparent and reliable Bitcoin funds available, his books are open, his investments are open, his profits are open, he makes daily and weekly reports, he has given his identification to a trusted person on the forum to be released in case he disappears, works very hard to do right by his clients, listens to their suggestions, and he is readily available for communication via at least 3 different ways.

If you claim this guy is a scammer, you're misguided at best and an rampant idiot intentionally spreading slander at worst. Your post is grounds to be sued by both pirateat40 and DeaDTerra. Besides that, you're simply being a giant dick, claiming to be a reliable "bitcoin police" while blathering bullshit.

*breathes*
I normally don't fly off the handle like this, but calling DeaDTerra a scammer is simply retarded. If you amend your post and take that out, I will amend this post.

LoweryCBS

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:14:29 PM

he is openly tunneling funds into a bond that in turn tunnels into the Pirateat40 Ponzi

Gamma fund Total Pirate Exposure:   8.76%

But hey, everything carries some degree of risk.

I did a little research, and discovered an investment that even Vandroiy might approve:

maxme (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 08:09:09 PM

First, thank you all. Even if I don't really know what I will do with my coins, it's interesting to have your opinions.

Gamma fund openness is great, but the problem is where the funds are invested in.

Imagine DeaDTerra is a perfect trader, perfectly honest and doing is best to make money. If he invests in risky assets or indirectly participate in ponzi schemes (image BS&T is a Ponzi), the security he is selling is very risky.

2 years ago, (and with my euros) I bought a contract with my bank, basic saving at 3.5%/year insured. Does anyone or any bitcoin-institution can do the same as my bank do ? I'm not looking for 10% / week, I know money don't grow on trees (maybe bitcoins grow on mines, but mining have a cost).
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 08:14:09 PM

First, thank you all. Even if I don't really know what I will do with my coins, it's interesting to have your opinions.

Gamma fund openness is great, but the problem is where the funds are invested in.

Imagine DeaDTerra is a perfect trader, perfectly honest and doing is best to make money. If he invests in risky assets or indirectly participate in ponzi schemes (image BS&T is a Ponzi), the security he is selling is very risky.

2 years ago, (and with my euros) I bought a contract with my bank, basic saving at 3.5%/year insured. Does anyone or any bitcoin-institution can do the same as my bank do ? I'm not looking for 10% / week, I know money don't grow on trees (maybe bitcoins grow on mines, but mining have a cost).
There are several people on this forum that offer safe and guaranteed interest rates, between 1-3% a week Smiley
You should check those out, if you want super safe investments.
//DeaDTerra
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 08:34:04 PM

*breathes*
I normally don't fly off the handle like this, but calling DeaDTerra a scammer is simply retarded. If you amend your post and take that out, I will amend this post.

+1 Vouch my personal rep for DeaDTerra (whatever that is worth I don't know but I vouch it none the less  Cheesy )

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 08:40:58 PM

I might also want to add that I am reducing my Pirate exposure to 0% by the end of the week Smiley
I actively work to reduce the risks and I make a analysis of the risks and rewards before I take any decisions on what to invest in.
If you have a look at my trading history which goes back to October, you can see that I am positive almost all the time.
But if you are looking for guaranteed interest, sorry but I can't give you that-
//DeaDTerra

LoweryCBS

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 02:02:00 PM

maxme: I'd be interested in what you finally decide. Please post an eventual followup...
mystery2048

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:56:53 AM

I think DMC is a promising long term option if Bitcoin succeeds...

Important: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92424.0;all

Donations: 1HWMQv2VYviAgpy6NWNvVg9JhKm4zcMGS5
bitchen

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 01:29:29 PM

I'd do arbitrage on Mt Gox and trade off the exchange alone.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: