Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin 21m limit  (Read 2864 times)
stefanoRR57 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:15:07 AM

bitcoin 21m limit will stop mining,  people do not volunteer for fees;  math people should find the right  way to supply bitcoins forever using smart algorithms;  Wolfram "new kind of science"  people are welcome to step in!!!!!
Zendikar

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:20:42 AM

I think it's trying to communicate...
harkonnen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:22:07 AM

bitcoin 21m limit will stop mining,  people do not volunteer for fees;  math people should find the right  way to supply bitcoins forever using smart algorithms;  Wolfram "new kind of science"  people are welcome to step in!!!!!

Do your homework and educate yourself before posting your stupidity.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining#Reward
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_Currency_Supply
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:26:57 AM

bitcoin 21m limit will stop mining,

You should ask questions and take the time to understand how things work before you waste time making ridiculous assertions.

people do not volunteer for fees;

Evidence does not support your assertion.  Saying it doesn't make it true, no matter how you feel about it.

math people should find the right  way to supply bitcoins forever using smart algorithms;  Wolfram "new kind of science"  people are welcome to step in!!!!!

"math people"? "Wolfram people"?  Bitcoin is intentionally designed to have a limit on the supply.  If you don't like it, go use something else.  Perhaps you'd be happier with some other currency.

EDIT: I really need to remember not to feed the trolls.
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:28:02 AM

lol
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 04:53:13 AM

Transaction fees will eventually be more significant than the block reward, and this will be far before the 21m cap is reached.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:56:21 AM

Stop feeding the troll.. He asked the same basic question yesterday.

But of course people will keep writing their opinions over and over anyway...

Edit: yesterdays post -- > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=908850

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
stefanoRR57 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:08:47 AM

AgentofCoin  I like to have answers;  I'm open and I like to understand;  You all guys look so sure... ;  I really like the bitcoin people, and let me say something as a joke:  to succeed in life it is not enough to be stupid;  you must also have good manners  (Voltaire)
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:34:52 PM

The fixed amount of bitcoins is one of its defining features. To change it would be fundamentally wrong. The fixed amount will also make existing coins more valuable.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:00:28 PM

Winning response. lol

yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:13:23 PM

I think we could call this comment "Best Response to a troll of the year"
But in case he actually wanted to learn something. Thank you should even after all the bitcoins are mined blocks are still going to be mined and the reward for that work would be transaction fees.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:32:30 PM

AgentofCoin  I like to have answers;  I'm open and I like to understand;  You all guys look so sure... ;  I really like the bitcoin people, and let me say something as a joke:  to succeed in life it is not enough to be stupid;  you must also have good manners  (Voltaire)

ill pretend your not a troll and instead just a noob.. so here goes

in 120 years the rewards would be insignificant.. so for 119 years relax its not your problem

in 120 years peoples mindsets would change from thousands of people mining for profit. to become a diverse range of hundreds of thousands or millions of people mining purely to secure their bitcoin.

the transaction fee at the moment is less than half a penny.. and over 120 years the transaction limits and usage of bitcoin will change soo much that these half pennies will add up to be a sufficient amount to cover basic electric costs of the devoted miners that only care about security..

infact these devoted miners may have such a substantial hoard of bitcoin that the electric usage just to secure the network is cheaper then trying to secure their fiat investments and thus the transaction fee's wont be something they require.

put it this way..

if i have 50,000 bitcoin id happily spend a couple bitcoin of my own savings on the electric just to secure my hoard and i would not ask anyone else to pay me tx fee's for any blocks my miner solves..

but as i said in my first statement.. your worry is about something that is MANY MANY years away, far past your lifetime and plenty of time to deal with, it's not going to be something that shocks the world over night anytime soon

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Slunt

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:43:37 PM

AgentofCoin  I like to have answers;  I'm open and I like to understand;  You all guys look so sure... ;  I really like the bitcoin people, and let me say something as a joke:  to succeed in life it is not enough to be stupid;  you must also have good manners  (Voltaire)

It's sometimes hard to tell between the two sometimes. Sometimes I don't know whether people are genuinely trying to propose something or are just trolling for responses.
vm_mpn

Activity: 605

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:29:59 PM

It's sometimes hard to tell between the two sometimes. Sometimes I don't know whether people are genuinely trying to propose something or are just trolling for responses.

It's an interesting subject nevertheless... Supposedly Bitcoin becomes so valuable by the time (125+ years) reward ends miners will be motivated enough by pure transaction fees to continue support the network. Not to mention small % transaction fee might be mandatory and coded into every wallet by that time. I guess this would have been an original Satoshi idea, idk.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:38:40 PM

Winning response. lol

Sometimes you get that feeling you should be nice, just in case it's aliens.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:35:23 PM

Winning response. lol

Sometimes you get that feeling you should be nice, just in case it's aliens.

Nah, kill them all and let god sort them out.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 07:57:24 AM

Keep your mouth shut and people will think you're an idiot.

Open it and you confirm it for them.

Marcy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:17:23 AM

Keep your mouth shut and people will think you're an idiot.

Open it and you confirm it for them.
lol  Grin
i agree with you dude  Wink
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 04:49:30 PM

Bitcoin mining is limited to 21 million Bitcoins total, but as a functional currency and payment method it's actually closer to infinite.

By the time we do reach 21 million BTC, it'll be 2140, and there's a chance 1 Satoshi = 1 USD.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:27:16 PM

Bitcoin mining is limited to 21 million Bitcoins total, but as a functional currency and payment method it's actually closer to infinite.

By the time we do reach 21 million BTC, it'll be 2140, and there's a chance 1 Satoshi = 1 USD.

But much before 2140 the mining reward will be negligible, unless BTC price reaches 1B each or something. So the negligible reward situation will arise way before 2140

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: