Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:58:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Travellers Cheques to Bitcoins.  (Read 8889 times)
Anonymous

August 23, 2010, 07:19:18 PM

Would you use this service?  
http://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/int/japa/sg_en/personal/cmember/travel/travellercheques/chequescurrency/chequescurrency.do?vgnextoid=494d6a4e11abe110VgnVCM100000defaad94RCRD&page=PR
Cheques for Two®
How do I cash Cheques for Two?
With Cheques for Two, both you and your companion's names appear on the Cheque, but only one person needs to be present to cash it. When cashing a Travellers Cheque, or Cheques for Two, make sure the acceptor watches you countersign the Cheque in the lower left-hand corner. If you encounter difficulties in cashing an American Express Travellers Cheque, please encourage the acceptor to call an American Express Travellers Cheques Customer Service Centre for instructions.
Where do I sign Cheques for Two?
Cheques for Two are designed to allow two Travellers to share the same Travellers Cheques. Only one person needs to be present to cash them. Cheques for Two should be signed as soon as possible after purchase. Each of the two Travellers should sign one of the lines in the upper left-hand corner (if only one person is going to use Cheques for Two, that person must sign both lines). Cheques for Two must be signed on both upper left lines in order to be reimbursable if lost or stolen. When the Cheques are cashed, make sure the acceptor watches you countersign them in the lower left-hand corner.

How this system would work.

You buy a Cheques for two travellers cheque and sign the upper left.
You send the cheques serial number and a bitcoin address to me by email.
You then post it to my post office box and I  confirm it matches the serial number you emailed.
I  cash it at my local bank and send you the bitcoins minus any fees.

For an extra service I could email my signature to a rubber stamp company which would then create a stamp you could use on the cheque.
This would mean the travellers cheque would be redeemable if lost in the mail!
Cost for the stamp would  be app $15 inc postage.
http://www.vistaprint.com/signature-stamps.aspx?GP=8%2f23%2f2010+3%3a16%3a41+PM#here
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

August 23, 2010, 08:32:01 PM

I haven't used a traveler's cheque since the mid 90's Cheesy

lmao im taking it old style. Cheesy
z226

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:56:35 PM

Is there any person that continue to buy traveller cheque and pay in bitcoin?

Tks
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:06:50 AM

money spent by travelers checks can be cheaper bitcoin seems. but a somewhat complicated process. Can you give me more information about this  Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: