Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 07:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-01-01]CryptoArticles - Bitcoin marketing in 2015 Should Focus on Consumers  (Read 544 times)
jdebunt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 02:21:56 PM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/bitcoin-marketing-in-2015-should-focus-on-consumers-and-not-just-retailers

Even though some of us consider 2014 a pretty successful year for Bitcoin because of the increased merchant adoption and global awareness, there is still a lot of work to be done. A lot of big media focus is on the Bitcoin price, which is a matter near and dear to all of us. However, the main issue with Bitcoin still remains, ever after all these years : the concept is too technical for most people to comprehend properly, and that issue needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:08:59 PM

However, the main issue with Bitcoin still remains, ever after all these years : the concept is too technical for most people to comprehend properly, and that issue needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

I don't think this is really true, though I can see how it may be off putting or daunting to new users. You can keep your money on your phone app and it's no different to using Paypal or online banking.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:04:56 PM

However, the main issue with Bitcoin still remains, ever after all these years : the concept is too technical for most people to comprehend properly, and that issue needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

I don't think this is really true, though I can see how it may be off putting or daunting to new users. You can keep your money on your phone app and it's no different to using Paypal or online banking.
Try and start explaining Bitcoin and its peer-peer/mostly decentralized open source protocol and how the blockchain keeps/stores info and releases Bitcoins through the mining process and see if the target's eyes don't glaze over. The average person wants info fast and easy to understand and not having to strain themselves to "get'' something. The biggest thing for the Bitcoin sphere is to get people to use it w/o knowing the details and/or bribing them to use because the products they want will be sold at a nice discount having used BTC. The former + the latter = moonshot. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: