Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:40:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets not create any more altcoin in 2015  (Read 1503 times)
unusualfacts30 (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:22:05 PM

Please. This is getting ridiculous and it seems like there is no stop to it. There are so many coins for every single purpose out there..there is no need to create any more coin. If we keep creating altcoins it will never grow because new coins will replacing old ones and we'll be stuck in loop forever.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:37:58 PM

D you really think these greedy devs will listen to you or reason? The only way these coins will stop is when people stop partaking in the scams. Don't mine them, don't trade them, don't partake in giveaways or airdrops, just ignore them.

General_A

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:32:31 PM

D you really think these greedy devs will listen to you or reason? The only way these coins will stop is when people stop partaking in the scams. Don't mine them, don't trade them, don't partake in giveaways or airdrops, just ignore them.
Pretty much cuts straight in to the heart of the problem. Whilst there is still money to be made in alt-coins then devs will continue to create & 'develop' coins to push on to the market. Now it would probably be unfair to just call everything a scam, as you can see some lights of innovation happening in areas of this darkly lit arena. However, one can't help but think its such a shame that an area with so much potential has actually been turned into nothing more than penny stocks. This is pretty bad news for alt-coins as it adversely effects their creditability; credibility that is going to be much needed when going against the big guys - the visas and the mastercards of this world.

Unless I am very much mistaken that's what the whole deal with crypto-currencies is supposed to be right? A modern day monetary system, payment platform and financial institution(i.e. Bank) rolled into one? But yet, practically all of the 'coins' that come out in to this market I wouldn't trust with my toilet brush - never mind a payment system. Regardless of whether you agree with that previous statement or not, I think you would be hard pressed to disagree that most people from the population would view crypto-currencies (in their current state) in a similar fashion. This will inexplicably hurt alt-coins potential for at least the short term, and if we're not careful than this whole market could be deemed as nothing more than penny stocks for a long time to come.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:36:11 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 06:47:35 PM by redsn0w

Please. This is getting ridiculous and it seems like there is no stop to it. There are so many coins for every single purpose out there..there is no need to create any more coin. If we keep creating altcoins it will never grow because new coins will replacing old ones and we'll be stuck in loop forever.

The real purpose to create the altcoins is for a pump & dump , at the end no one want to use them (it is only for gain more and more... bitcoin ).
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:39:44 PM

I would be inclined to agree, but this is the internet and people.

Wink
Sumerian

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:42:27 PM

Unfortunately this won't stop. In the end most alt coins are dead and only the most innovative coins will survive. Most people won't even look at alt coins in the future anymore.

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:57:49 PM

you buy it: they create more

buy only established  coins now. Raise the fucking bar!

jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:07:02 PM

There will be new coins created as long as a greedy dev can make ten bucks out of it.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:10:17 PM

2015 will be all about sidechains. It's an altcoin pump and dump killer. I suggest a boycott of all alts until then.

PS. there is already a coin called 2015 Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
General_A

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

2015 will be all about sidechains. It's an altcoin pump and dump killer. I suggest a boycott of all alts until then.

Excuse my ignorance, but sidechains?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:17:02 PM

The protocol has changed (or is changing?) to allow for two-way pegged scBTC. Basically the ability to move bitcoins across different blockchains and back again.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
General_A

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:45:41 PM

The protocol has changed (or is changing?) to allow for two-way pegged scBTC. Basically the ability to move bitcoins across different blockchains and back again.
Thank you

jertsy

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:50:13 PM

Is there a possibility we will be flooded by pump and dump sidechains soon?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:50:38 PM

Thank you

Smiley http://www.coindesk.com/sidechains-white-paper-ecosystem-reboot/

There is a link to the whitepaper in there if I remember

3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:52:49 PM

Just dont take any part in these new alts and one day majority of them will die, its already happening.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:55:23 PM

Is there a possibility we will be flooded by pump and dump sidechains soon?

From what I understand the two-way peg means there will be none of that. They will have a fixed bit value.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:09:53 PM

sidechains is bullshit and could easily turn bitcoin into a shitcoin.
I suggest the contrary: diversify in alts until then and wait it out about 6 to 10 months in case the experiment with bitcoin goes wrong. There is high probability sidechains create some serious trouble for bitcoin.

Sidechains will turn out to be: either no big deal or a negative impact on btc.
In any case: It won't be more disruptive than NXT already was and in no way end alts - quite the opposite.

jertsy

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:12:13 PM

I suggest the contrary: diversify in alts until then and wait it out about 6 to 10 months in case the experiment with bitcoin goes wrong. There is high probability sidechains create some serious trouble for bitcoin.

What kind of trouble?
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:14:26 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 09:24:28 PM by Pecunia non olet

What kind of trouble?

new possibilites for exploits, new possiblities to spam the blockchain, further blockchain bloat - thus making one of bitcoins most serious problems even worse.
It's a stupid idea to implement that into bitcoin especially without  testing  it in an altcoin before. Complete BS from my perspective.

If it ever were a success (i doubt it) - it would be implemented in a lot of altcoins too, thus no big deal at all.

Dogecoin will probably be the first alt to implement that too... it's just exposing bitcoin to more risk, that's all.

Normally innovation should be tested in an alt before implementing into bitcoin. In case  of sidechain the morons obviously want to test it in bitcoin before altcoins will copy. So i have no idea what's actually happening and who is making the decisions.

If there's no consensus on it won't happen anyways because the hardfork of btc which would be required could easily backfire and end bitcoin right there. I don't know though if the network is centralised enough and they can just do a few deals in the backroom to change bitcoin however they want already. So maybe mining in btc is already centralised enough they can change it however they like. The sidechain-thing could easily reveal that.

I see sidechains as a threat to bitcoin and not a threat to alts tbh.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:10:47 AM

What kind of trouble?

new possibilites for exploits, new possiblities to spam the blockchain, further blockchain bloat - thus making one of bitcoins most serious problems even worse.
It's a stupid idea to implement that into bitcoin especially without  testing  it in an altcoin before. Complete BS from my perspective.

If it ever were a success (i doubt it) - it would be implemented in a lot of altcoins too, thus no big deal at all.

Dogecoin will probably be the first alt to implement that too... it's just exposing bitcoin to more risk, that's all.

Normally innovation should be tested in an alt before implementing into bitcoin. In case  of sidechain the morons obviously want to test it in bitcoin before altcoins will copy. So i have no idea what's actually happening and who is making the decisions.

If there's no consensus on it won't happen anyways because the hardfork of btc which would be required could easily backfire and end bitcoin right there. I don't know though if the network is centralised enough and they can just do a few deals in the backroom to change bitcoin however they want already. So maybe mining in btc is already centralised enough they can change it however they like. The sidechain-thing could easily reveal that.

I see sidechains as a threat to bitcoin and not a threat to alts tbh.

Very interesting points - you do get the sense, more generally, that the market is increasingly treating bitcoin as nothing special, almost like just another pump-and-dump altcoin.

Altcoins are a mess, but there is more security in diversification and many seem to offer much faster innovation that bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: