Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:43:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet across multiple computers  (Read 766 times)
Zendikar (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:48:13 PM

Is it possible to use a software wallet across multiple devices? eg. Mac laptop, Windows desktop, and Android cell?
Domino

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:10:26 PM

Is it possible to use a software wallet across multiple devices? eg. Mac laptop, Windows desktop, and Android cell?

Electrum should be the best option since it is a deterministic wallet.
Just create a new Electrum wallet on one of your machine, and write down the seed. Then go to your other devices and choose the restore that wallet by entering the seed.

alamanjani

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:18:59 PM

Just create a new Electrum wallet on one of your machine, and write down the seed. Then go to your other devices and choose the restore that wallet by entering the seed.

Oh, it is so simple? I love it! Also Electrum wallet works on Linux as well! Seems like a winner to me. Thanks for the info!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:22:34 PM

just create a new wallet for every pc you have no problem, you cna transfer btc from one to another easily
Domino

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:25:39 PM

Oh, it is so simple? I love it! Also Electrum wallet works on Linux as well! Seems like a winner to me. Thanks for the info!

Yup.
With a deterministic wallet, you don't need to worry about the wallets on different machines are going to give you different addresses.

Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:33:12 PM

just create a new wallet for every pc you have no problem, you cna transfer btc from one to another easily

That's not ideal or likely what he wants though. You could try blockchain.info and can keep some coins online and it's synched up with the app, though this might not be what you want either.

mizna

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:36:19 PM

yes agree with it
its easy Wink

Zendikar (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:41:33 PM

Yup.
With a deterministic wallet, you don't need to worry about the wallets on different machines are going to give you different addresses.
Awesome gonna try that out, thanks for the help mate Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: