Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:01:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Bitmain Antminer S3+ units DOA  (Read 1294 times)
mrpark (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:01:08 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 10:12:09 PM by mrpark

UPDATE: They sent me an email with 2 tracking numbers,

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:03:03 PM

I'm sorry for your malfunctioning units. Perhaps BITMAINWARRANTY could give you compensation? Or I guess another innocent miner is going to get screwed over by a big ASIC company?

Mining since 2014
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 06:06:27 PM

I'm sorry for your malfunctioning units. Perhaps BITMAINWARRANTY could give you compensation? Or I guess another innocent miner is going to get screwed over by a big ASIC company?

I'm trying to help him but he's posted it 6x all over the boards and isn't listening to any replies.

BTC-TMXSTAR

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:10:50 PM

Bitmain is a good company and one of the biggest successful ASIC Company, they will replace your defective miners.  Smiley

mrpark (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

I was promised new units, I will hold off from posting now that we are back to listening to reason...

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:34:01 PM

You must be dreaming! new s3 unit Shocked Shocked Shocked even s5 comes with dust build in!
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 07:46:42 PM

Warranty on Bitmain Product is for defective parts exchange only.  Does NOT entitle the user the new unit for replacement, the parts replacement to a new parts is the most common process.  (Any demands of new units or parts without returning the claimed defective units/parts will be declined automatically)

Example, send in partially hashing unit, turns out to be the control PCB, and 2 hashing PCB passes the test, then the control PCB be replaced to a new parts, unit be tested for a few hours max, then head to customer's way.

Average processing time, the same day we receive it, it goes out the door to the customers.

On busy day, the following day, it will go out the door.

For special cases, where the miner works fine on initial boot, but claims it reduces the hash rate 10 hours or a few days later, then it will be tested for the claimed duration, then if we could recreate the issue, the replacement be send to you at that time.  (Customers are usually given an option to go though this test or not)

more than likely if you speak with the techs on the phone, the techs will find the most suitable process for you and they can make exceptions for case by case.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
mrpark (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:18:11 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 04:33:06 PM by mrpark

The two units in question never hashed at all, and came to my door not working and DOA so should not fall under warranty. Bitmain told me they are working on making it right with a return (this is not a repair).  I don't understand why there is so much confusion when it is so simple, I ordered 4 brand new miners direct from bitmain, I just want 2 new replacements for the 2 that didn't work out of the box. I believe they are honoring my request so I am not complaining and giving them a chance to fix it.

Warranty on Bitmain Product is for defective parts exchange only.  Does NOT entitle the user the new unit for replacement, the parts replacement to a new parts is the most common process.  (Any demands of new units or parts without returning the claimed defective units/parts will be declined automatically)

Example, send in partially hashing unit, turns out to be the control PCB, and 2 hashing PCB passes the test, then the control PCB be replaced to a new parts, unit be tested for a few hours max, then head to customer's way.

Average processing time, the same day we receive it, it goes out the door to the customers.

On busy day, the following day, it will go out the door.

For special cases, where the miner works fine on initial boot, but claims it reduces the hash rate 10 hours or a few days later, then it will be tested for the claimed duration, then if we could recreate the issue, the replacement be send to you at that time.  (Customers are usually given an option to go though this test or not)

more than likely if you speak with the techs on the phone, the techs will find the most suitable process for you and they can make exceptions for case by case.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 07:38:08 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 07:59:12 PM by dogie

The two units in question never hashed at all, and came to my door not working and DOA so should not fall under warranty. Bitmain told me they are working on making it right with a return (this is not a repair).  I don't understand why there is so much confusion when it is so simple, I ordered 4 brand new miners direct from bitmain, I just want 2 new replacements for the 2 that didn't work out of the box. I believe they are honoring my request so I am not complaining and giving them a chance to fix it.

Yes its being sorted by manager

MasterRadix

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:54:42 PM

I had an issue with two of the 3 fans of the C1 liquid cooling set. The said they would only send me new ones if I buy a new miner from them.
I replied that I get the miner cheaper from ProTact (and they give me 12 months of warranty! ) and if they could send me the fans. No answer until then.
I'll wait a few days before opening a thread.
MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:00:33 AM

@MasterRadix,

Please PM us to expedite C1 fan warranty process.  Please include the original order info from bitmaintech.com

Thank you!

PSA:

For warranty/RMA issues, please contact BitmainWarranty via PM with your Bitmaintech.com order ID info! or if you don't want to transmit purchase data via PM, please request communication via email.

I had an issue with two of the 3 fans of the C1 liquid cooling set. The said they would only send me new ones if I buy a new miner from them.
I replied that I get the miner cheaper from ProTact (and they give me 12 months of warranty! ) and if they could send me the fans. No answer until then.
I'll wait a few days before opening a thread.

Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
mrpark (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:00:56 PM

I did contact Bitmain before for a warranty issue, fans to be exact. They were very good about it and sent me new fans under warranty. 

mrpark (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:46:09 PM

UPDATE: They send me shipping numbers that 2 boxes were sent out, but they wont confirm what they sent me are brand miners as promised. Please, anyone working at Bitmain can you confirm what you shipped out were new units? I wanted to RETURN these 2 bad miners, not refurbish them. I lost over a month of mining time, I did not know the labels they send were Value UPS labels that took 2 weeks to ship back to Colorado. Can you please let me know Bitmain what you sent to me?

MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 09:44:17 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 10:16:04 PM by BitmainWarranty

details were provided to you.  Only Bitmain Staffs can approve RMAs and promise any business decisions.  And we can't publish what we communicated with you in public.

FYI: RMA is based on the parts returned to the warranty center FIRST, then the replacement be send to you.  

when parts are replaced, brand new parts will be used for any replacement.  When the whole unit is replaced, it will be replaced with the new units.

In USA, most RMA completes in 1-4 business days when instructions are followed. (Average 2 business days)

Limited 90-Day Warranty

The manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 90 days from the date of original purchase.  Shipping and handling fees to be paid by the customer. The manufacturer agrees, at its option during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or to furnish a repaired or refurbished product of equal value in exchange without charge (except for a fee for shipping, handling, packing, return postage, and insurance which will be incurred by the customer).   Such repair or replacement is subject to verification of the defect or malfunction and  proof of purchase as confirmed by showing the model number on original dated sales receipt.

This warranty does not cover:
•   Any product which has been subject to damage due to an act of God, misuse, neglect, accident, abuse, commercial use, or modification of, or to, any part of the product, including the antenna.
•   Damage due to improper operation or maintenance, connection to improper voltage supply, or attempted repair by anyone other than the Manufacturer.
•   Re-manufactured units, product sold AS IS or closeout product.
•   The cost of shipping this product to the Service Center and its return to the owner, if the product was determined to be free of defect or out of warranty period.

Under no circumstances shall the Manufacturer be liable for any loss (direct, indirect, incidental, foreseen, unforeseen, special or consequential) or for any damage arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this product.

This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada and grants specific legal rights, it does not extend to owners of the product other than to the original owner. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Products out of warranty requiring service will be reviewed individually along with the fees associated.

Warranty is subject to change; please visit our website at http://www. bitmaintech.com for the most up to date version.

IMPORTANT: FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RETURN
YOUR PRODUCT CALL 1-844-248-6248

UPDATE: They send me shipping numbers that 2 boxes were sent out, but they wont confirm what they sent me are brand miners as promised. Please, anyone working at Bitmain can you confirm what you shipped out were new units? I wanted to RETURN these 2 bad miners, not refurbish them. I lost over a month of mining time, I did not know the labels they send were Value UPS labels that took 2 weeks to ship back to Colorado. Can you please let me know Bitmain what you sent to me?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: