Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:35:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling a book , and wish to stay anonymous  (Read 433 times)
calci (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:56:39 PM

Hey Guys, I plan to sell a digital book, and wish to stay anonymous  while doing so .
The customer, is kind of a newbie to bitcoin. Is there a way, to sell him the book, with getting a payment in return in some other form ?

I thought of Amazon Gift card , but it would later sell for 80% of the cost. I wanted something to sell almost at the same price.
Any recommendations for this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KenJackson

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:07:43 PM

Is there a way, to sell him the book, with getting a payment in return in some other form ?

FRNs (dollar bills) by mail.

I know they say not to mail cash, but a lot of gold is shipped through the mail every day.
calci (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:21:09 PM

Is there a way, to sell him the book, with getting a payment in return in some other form ?

FRNs (dollar bills) by mail.

I know they say not to mail cash, but a lot of gold is shipped through the mail every day.
Thats a great idea, problem is we are from different countries.
KenJackson

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:59:04 PM

Thats a great idea, problem is we are from different countries.

Vendors in several of the few countries I've visited accepted USD.  Maybe the non-US party or parties is/are familiar with and can deal in USD.  After all, for the moment, the USD is still the world's reserve currency, which is convenient for resolving problems just like this.

Alternately, one of you could go to a bank in your own country and exchange one local currency for the other's. Of course the fee for that might be worse than the Amazon gift card.

Do you both have paypal accounts?  That's less than ideal too, but it might be worth investigating.

This is the kind of thing bitcoin is wonderful for.  Maybe you can walk him through setting up an account on an exchange site.  If the payer is non-US, he's in luck because there seem to be a lot less choices in the US, probably due to FATCA.

sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:54:50 PM

Kind of a newbie to bitcoin? Can't you just show him a guide or write him a guide yourself? It's not rocket science..

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
calci (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:13:29 PM

Kind of a newbie to bitcoin? Can't you just show him a guide or write him a guide yourself? It's not rocket science..

I could, but he is not interested in it. He is only able to pay with paypal atm, and I would probably have to go with Amazon.
Puberty

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:59:05 PM

Well if it's an ebook then there is the NXT digital goods store but I doubt someone who is a beginner to Bitcoin would know how to use that.

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:12:30 AM

I could, but he is not interested in it. He is only able to pay with paypal atm, and I would probably have to go with Amazon.
Why not paypal? You can add a new email adress to it if you have one that's not anomynous enough.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: