Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Paycoin (XPY) Failed  (Read 7656 times)
bgade

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:32:47 AM

Ok, so I admit... I didn't invest and have just been lurking as it all goes on...

But they use logos of companies that don't know anything about them... and rip off their own corporate logo from someplace else.  And no one gets suspicious at the start?   I guess that's not true - lots are suspicious but many more still try it anyway. 

Is there still no clearing house where a new coin can prove it isn't a scam to someone?  Like a BBB model where the coin provides all of their info, documents, etc to a real third party for evaluation and stamp of "probably not a huge scam"?

I've been playing crypto for a little over a year and have lost less than $600.  I think at this point... thats something to celebrate!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:21:31 AM

Im not ready to give up on it yet but then again it could be wishful thinking. I maybe gambled $200-300 total in it.  I know some people who pumped Thousands! into this

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Bitcoinlover123 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:15:49 AM

I admit it's not looking particularly good at the moment but it's a bit premature to say that it has already failed. The market cap is still hovering just above that of Litecoin.
check again Roll Eyes

Bringing the love back into crypto
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:16:01 PM

Im not ready to give up on it yet but then again it could be wishful thinking. I maybe gambled $200-300 total in it.  I know some people who pumped Thousands! into this

It IS wishful thinking. Very soon you would be wishing you would have sold now.
The current price itself is bloated. All those thinking it has failed hasn't seen the epic sinking its going to engage in.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:30:18 PM

It IS wishful thinking. Very soon you would be wishing you would have sold now.
The current price itself is bloated. All those thinking it has failed hasn't seen the epic sinking its going to engage in.

The only thing keeping this coin afloat right now is the hashtalk people who will not accept the coin's failure. Once they run out of money the price will plummet more.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:33:44 PM

The only thing keeping this coin afloat right now is the hashtalk people who will not accept the coin's failure. Once they run out of money the price will plummet more.

They don't even need to  run out of money. The currency was designed to be hyperinflationary, thus will destroy itself regardless. Prime controllers are staking at over 3000% compound interest per anum.

If it survives until the first hashstakers mature in 3 months, than all hell is going to break lose when those coins hit the market.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:36:36 PM

They don't even need to  run out of money. The currency was designed to be hyperinflation thus will destroy itself regardless. Prime controllers are staking at over 3000% compound interest per anum.

$4 quadrillion @ $20 per -

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Bitcoinlover123 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:01:57 PM

The price has jumped again. This could be a good time to get out.

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:59:55 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 02:30:05 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

darkmind

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:17:56 PM

So are we going further down ? is it sell buy on this downfall ? or is there any hope for a new updtrend ?

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:51:39 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 02:30:14 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:28:52 AM

Lmfao, look what the cat dragged in, Evilpanda and Buttgeek!!! New name = EvilButt

Failed, yes.. VERY MUCH.

evilpanda + bitgeek + paycoin = much fail

Bitcoinlover123 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:47:51 AM

Have you guys heard of PayCon?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=912034.0
They seem very trust worthy Wink

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:24:35 AM

Have you guys heard of PayCon?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=912034.0
They seem very trust worthy Wink
I've already invested 20x my initial investment in Paycoin! Much better coin, this Paycon, in my honest opinion!
lofiloopjunky

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:36:32 AM

I don't believe paycoin has failed, sudden dumps are always followed by pumps, it happens all the time. There are still issues with paybase but once you can pay paycoin to amazon via a paybase exchange rate, it will give the opportunity for people to cash out there virtual currency without fees or trying to sell on localbitcoins etc. In theory it is still a good idea.
Phbaby

Activity: 126

©

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:39:42 AM

In every failure there's a success. I bought XPY in all my life and I will trust in this coin. "Haters gonna Hate"

lofiloopjunky

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:42:43 AM

I think alot of the hate comes from the sudden success it had on launch; I think they should have finished dev of the more important features before launch but you need real world testers to do so, so it can be a catch 22. Even as a modified peercoin clone it has better potential than litecoin and I think it is way too early to count it out.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:47:34 AM

Shillin' since been shillin' since been shillin' . . .
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:21:46 AM

I don't believe paycoin has failed, sudden dumps are always followed by pumps, it happens all the time. There are still issues with paybase but once you can pay paycoin to amazon via a paybase exchange rate, it will give the opportunity for people to cash out there virtual currency without fees or trying to sell on localbitcoins etc. In theory it is still a good idea.

So exactly what is in it for Amazon to take a worthless piece of shit scamcoin?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
lofiloopjunky

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:28:05 AM

So exactly what is in it for Amazon to take a worthless piece of shit scamcoin?

Nothing at all, that is not how it works, you pay paybase XPY, they convert it to $ at the current exchange rate and that is paid to amazon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: