Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pos-Coin Resolution 2015  (Read 1613 times)
jdwlupine (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:36:04 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 12:49:46 AM by jdwlupine

2015 New Year Resolution Declaration

Educate myself on Proof of Stake Alt-coins with the aim of promoting, collecting and growing the total quantity of POS coins held in my personal wallets and explore any other aspects that may be of associated interest.

Why this thread
Produce a structure and control to achieve the resolution above. Monitor my progress throughout one year.

Don’t invest anything you can’t afford to lose and understand your exposure to the potential losses that may happen. I do not advise anyone to repeat this experiment but I hope some may find this thread food for thought in the future.

Additional coins will be accumulated through trading, mining and proof of stake minting. (Only 50% of minted coins will be traded from my primary wallets)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:37:41 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 12:50:42 AM by jdwlupine

Reserved for Progress reports
jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:39:45 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 01:14:20 AM by jdwlupine

Day 001 - Starting Position for POS Coin wallets (Total coins 804224)

Hyperstake (HYP)  54822,Tekcoin (Tek)   3735, Bottlecaps (CAP)  5278, Truckcoin (TRK)  33823, Growthcoin  (GRW)- 138426 + 18304, Hobonickel  (HBN) 2779.95, Battlecoin (BCX) 16937, Philospherstone (PHS) 6495, Mintcoin (MINT) 523625.

Will search out any other alt-coin wallets I have and will post if applicable or transfer to exchanges

Only  0.15547587 btc equivalent held on exchanges, BTC 1.25 in paper wallets & 20 CLAMS.

The above has been accumulated from 1 cpu i7, 2x hd7950 and 1 butterfly labs 5GhZ bitcoin miner.
Losses have previously been generated with investments and exchanges that no longer exist and alt-coins that have died.
General_A

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:29:38 AM

2014 New Year Resolution Declaration

Educate myself on Proof of Stake Alt-coins with the aim of promoting, collecting and growing the total quantity of POS coins held in my personal wallets and explore any other aspects that may be of associated interest.

Why this thread
Produce a structure and control to achieve the resolution above. Monitor my progress throughout one year.

Don’t invest anything you can’t afford to lose and understand your exposure to the potential losses that may happen. I do not advise anyone to repeat this experiment but I hope some may find this thread food for thought in the future.

Additional coins will be accumulated through trading, mining and proof of stake minting. (Only 50% of minted coins will be traded from my primary wallets)

Sorry to be this guy but its 2015 dude - your first mistake of the year Wink !

jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:34:25 AM

I hate to say it but most new year's resolutions are broken within a week. Especially the one about going on a diet.  Smiley
jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:47:02 AM

2014 New Year Resolution Declaration

Why this thread

Sorry to be this guy but its 2015 dude - your first mistake of the year Wink !

Thanks. I have had a good celebratory drink and thats my 1st hiccup of 2015
jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:08:24 AM

Day 002 - PHS (6.58) ,Truk (1.7) and HBN (7.3)

Ran 3 wallets and they minted the above. Trying to keep up to date with all these wallets may become time consuming on a daily basis.
Need to automate my wallets so they can load and unload automatically will have to investigate task scheduling in windows to see if this can be used.
Some type of rota will have to be organized to allow maximum minting for each wallet based on there staking times, will also consider moving all coins to the same address so monitoring of wallet amounts can be done via the block explorers rather than loading each wallet and checking the totals.

Are there potential security risks?, what do other members suggest as alternatives.Should I reduce the selection of alt-coins ?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:11:42 AM

you want POS?  there's NXT.. and to a point BTS.  those two have huge potential as both have awesome people behind them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 12:45:15 AM

You are missing the two highest staking coins, MMXIV and BALLS

I suggest MMXIV. Link in sig

jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:57:06 AM

you want POS?  there's NXT.. and to a point BTS.  those two have huge potential as both have awesome people behind them.

Just found that i have the NXT 0.8.7 client downloaded , so may have a small amount will have to investigate.

You are missing the two highest staking coins, MMXIV and BALLS

I suggest MMXIV. Link in sig

Thank you , Just putting 'List of POS coins' on my To Do list, but 1st I need to assess what i have, my roaming directory suggest another 25+ alt-coin wallets which may have some coins or value.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:42:14 AM

Here is my website dedicated to High pos coins, and I even post wallet updates to high pos coins within an hour of release. Enjoy, and subscribe to get email about high pos coins.

www.bitcoinlasvegas.net

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:18:56 AM

Just found that i have the NXT 0.8.7 client downloaded , so may have a small amount will have to investigate.

God! I think you should install the latest client, because you will be on a fork. The one you got is very old in the Nxt world. Nxt evolves at lightning speed compare to bitcoin.

You can get it there:
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:51:11 PM

Cool thread. I look forward to following your progress. My portfolio of PoS coins is pretty similar to yours  Wink

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:56:15 AM

I suggest MMXIV.

+1

MMXIV seems to be turning into one of my best ever pos investments.
jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:25:31 AM

Day 003- GRW (8.7) and HBN (6.6)

Only had time for 2 wallets today, unexpected guest's arrived so 'Time' is definitely my biggest restrictions.
Thank you for the additional links in the previous post, will definitely look into these in more detail,more tasks being added to my ever increasing To DO list.
jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:12:24 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 11:14:08 PM by jdwlupine

Day 004 - Using scheduled tasks for loading/unloading main POS wallets.
              HYP (1000 [from block with 3000 coins]) PHS (7.6) GRW (5681.4 [99% of all coins staked from main wallet address]) TRK (1.8 ) HBN (1.6)

Have tested using scheduled tasks in windows for loading and unloading my main POS Wallets.
This should at least keep the block chains relatively up to date and allow each wallet to stake during the week.
Loading 1 wallet per day, running for a maximum of 3 days before unloading, so should have a maximum of 3 wallets running at 1 time
Will monitor for 2 weeks and adjust schedule due to the stake rates and block dates.

(Will probably unload GRW main wallet due to the amount of successful staking today.Will run secondary wallet instead)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:15:32 PM

Interested in this and following, I love Proof of Stake.
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:45:20 PM

Interesting, will follow.

An alternative to deal with all the different wallets, you could try https://www.stakemybit.com (PoS pool).

If you are looking for another interesting coin, I recommend to check out Magi (PoS+PoW) with optimized PoS.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:14:25 AM

Try BitShares dude, they're the highest CAP (D)POS for a reason.
It seems you've figured out POS has a decent chance of replacing POW this year, well done.

The BitShares train will be leaving the station in a month with their 1.0 launch, everything is being revamped atm but here's a little teaser, get on board!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fnunXnLdJdw

Here's some video tutorials for setting up a wallet

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12853.0

jdwlupine (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:01:30 AM

Interesting, will follow.

An alternative to deal with all the different wallets, you could try https://www.stakemybit.com (PoS pool).

If you are looking for another interesting coin, I recommend to check out Magi (PoS+PoW) with optimized PoS.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0

Thank you, I do like the idea of the PoS pools, and having a quick look at the link above could be useful for some coins.
Maybe tempted to put some clams as a test mainly because the only alternative is just-dice and I've already gambled and lost having fun their.
So another task added 'Investigate POS pools' - Is this the future bank.

With regards to expanding into different POS coins I still need to prepare a list then decide on my selection criteria and reasons supporting my choices.

Previously the method of selection was simple :Mine ASAP then Trade or Keep.

Now its more Invest and hope in the community and developers of the coin.

This is the reason why I stated 'promoting, collecting and growing' in my 2015 new year resolution. Marketing of any POS coin in the long term will determine
if the coin has real value. Steady on-going development to support the network/wallet will be required for confidence for marketing investment growth.

I can support the networks by running the wallets and help securing the block chains.
Can I do more ? Am I prepared to do more?  Determine my Goals!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: