Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think your ASIC miner is worth?  (Read 1556 times)
hdmediaservices (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:58:54 PM

I was curious -- with the absence of anything new coming out for Scrypt mining (at least to the public) -- what does everyone think current equipment is worth right now?  Or what is someone willing to pay?  Probably best not to back it up with the whole ROI thing (as that can be manipulated a million different ways).

So here's my go -- this is what I'd be willing to pay right now (with in country shipping rates):

1.  A2 Terminator 88Mhs -- $900

2.  A2 Terminator 110Mhs -- $1000

3.  X6 Zeusminer Lightning (40Mhs) -- $150 (no PSU / no Controller)

4.  X6 Zeusminer Thunder (20Mhs) -- $100 (no PSU / no Controller)

5.  X6 Zeusminer Hurricane (10Mhs) -- $50 (no PSU / no Controller)

Anyone feel similar or different?  Anything I'm missing?  I don't know how to value the new KNC miners - as they seem to have different issues. 

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:43:08 AM

I think your x6 valuations are a little low.  With nothing new coming out for the general public the larger of the existing available miners especially are worth more than what you have listed.  IMO anyway.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 01:20:54 AM

I was curious -- with the absence of anything new coming out for Scrypt mining (at least to the public) -- what does everyone think current equipment is worth right now?  Or what is someone willing to pay?  Probably best not to back it up with the whole ROI thing (as that can be manipulated a million different ways).

So here's my go -- this is what I'd be willing to pay right now (with in country shipping rates):

1.  A2 Terminator 88Mhs -- $900

2.  A2 Terminator 110Mhs -- $1000

3.  X6 Zeusminer Lightning (40Mhs) -- $150 (no PSU / no Controller)

4.  X6 Zeusminer Thunder (20Mhs) -- $100 (no PSU / no Controller)

5.  X6 Zeusminer Hurricane (10Mhs) -- $50 (no PSU / no Controller)

Anyone feel similar or different?  Anything I'm missing?  I don't know how to value the new KNC miners - as they seem to have different issues. 

Seems about right for a quick sell, you could sell your lightning for a little more though, probably the thunder too. 
hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:55:01 AM

Yeah - true - I guess this was more of what I would be willing to pay  Smiley

Perhaps there is a demand for the more power hungry X6 Zeus units - since they are in the "under $500 affordability class."

I just can't imagine putting a whole bunch of X6 units in a room (with the noise, heat and power requirements).  The noise is what gets me.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:53:57 PM

As there is no immediate available scrypt ASIC's, they are worth more than you think. The Titan is the only production scrypt ASIC on the market, and as Zeus has stopped production, the laws of supply/demand apply.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:28:01 PM

if they can't sustain a 1 month roi, they are not worth it
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:35:43 PM

Then none are, even the Titan cant do that. Evne most efficient Bitcoin ASIC cant.
hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:30:50 PM

Then none are, even the Titan cant do that. Evne most efficient Bitcoin ASIC cant.

True.  So - when it comes to mining Alt-coins -- I know having a large arsenal can be helpful -- but sometimes you can have too much hash and drive a coin up to unprofitability. 

So I wonder what a good strategy would be if you have say 2Gh/s to play with.  I guess mine the top 10 coins?

micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:38:43 PM

True.  So - when it comes to mining Alt-coins -- I know having a large arsenal can be helpful -- but sometimes you can have too much hash and drive a coin up to unprofitability. 

So I wonder what a good strategy would be if you have say 2Gh/s to play with.  I guess mine the top 10 coins?

If this was my situation, i would solo mine BTC in the hope i would hit a block of 25 BTC. A 2 GH/s miner would not draw too much power and hence the running cost will be negligible. There have been individuals who have hit a block solo mining and they give me the inspiration to solo mine! Seriously though, nothing less than and Antminer S1 would suffice for solo mining atm. The difficulty is just too high. I dont think alt coins would be the way to go (at least for me), they are too volatile for my liking. My 2 satoshi!  Grin

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:48:02 PM

Im not sure I'm willing to pay 1000 for the A2 110 MH i might pay 700 to 800, for the titan i might pay sense it has some support 1700 $. I never look at  RoI , or what the cost in dollar is in power . i do look at how much power it uses PER MH .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:44:05 PM

it was true before with instamining, well i was too accustomed to it
hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:24:58 PM

Im not sure I'm willing to pay 1000 for the A2 110 MH i might pay 700 to 800, for the titan i might pay sense it has some support 1700 $. I never look at  RoI , or what the cost in dollar is in power . i do look at how much power it uses PER MH .

I would definitely pay $1000 for the A2 110Mh/s unit with up to $50 in shipping (US only).  So if anyone wants to sell one or more Smiley

Is it true you can set these up to mine multiple coins at the same time -- say 1/2 the hash on one coin and 1/2 the hash on another, etc.?

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:16:27 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 01:37:44 AM by toptek

Im not sure I'm willing to pay 1000 for the A2 110 MH i might pay 700 to 800, for the titan i might pay sense it has some support 1700 $. I never look at  RoI , or what the cost in dollar is in power . i do look at how much power it uses PER MH .

I would definitely pay $1000 for the A2 110Mh/s unit with up to $50 in shipping (US only).  So if anyone wants to sell one or more Smiley

Is it true you can set these up to mine multiple coins at the same time -- say 1/2 the hash on one coin and 1/2 the hash on another, etc.?

I think one time on E bay not sure when i think i saw some one selling a A 2 super cheap all most bought it wish i had now i even saw a titan going for 2k once if I  remember right ofc they sold out right a way . i think the guy said he wanted to get ride of it.

and some one was even selling  chips for 150 $  may still be doing it but i would need to buy the boards etc for a A2 so I'm not to sure how much that would cost If i built it my self.

LINK to chips still selling for 150 $ it not really to clear if it enough for one A1 upgrade to a A2 etc or just what it might do i was gonna ask but didn't .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Innosilicon-A2-Terminator-Scrypt-ASIC-/321511954346?pt=US_Virtual_Currency&hash=item4adb9b17aa

redmonski

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:42:55 AM

I'm looking to buy the 30 mhs A2 mini terminator, so if anyone has a unit they want to sell, let me know.  Smiley

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░█░░░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░▀░█▄░█                           ✦ Crypto For The Layman ✦  •  ✦ Blockchain in a Safe Box ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░█▀▀█░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░█░▀█      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░▀██░█░░█░███░▀██░▀██▀░█░█░░█         【Please mine on [url=https://pool.pascalpool.org/#
/]PASA 94028-93
hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:12:17 AM

I'm looking to buy the 30 mhs A2 mini terminator, so if anyone has a unit they want to sell, let me know.  Smiley

I've been wanting to get a couple of these too - but the prices I've seen have been high -- like $650 each. 

redmonski

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:14:31 AM

I've been wanting to get a couple of these too - but the prices I've seen have been high -- like $650 each. 

I've been hunting these at ebay, but no luck.  Sad

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░█░░░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░▀░█▄░█                           ✦ Crypto For The Layman ✦  •  ✦ Blockchain in a Safe Box ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░█▀▀█░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░█░▀█      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░▀██░█░░█░███░▀██░▀██▀░█░█░░█         【Please mine on [url=https://pool.pascalpool.org/#
/]PASA 94028-93
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:49:43 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 12:43:02 AM by toptek

I was curious -- with the absence of anything new coming out for Scrypt mining (at least to the public) -- what does everyone think current equipment is worth right now?  Or what is someone willing to pay?  Probably best not to back it up with the whole ROI thing (as that can be manipulated a million different ways).

1.  A2 Terminator 88Mhs -- $900

2.  A2 Terminator 110Mhs -- $1000

3.  X6 Zeusminer Lightning (40Mhs) -- $150 (no PSU / no Controller)

4.  X6 Zeusminer Thunder (20Mhs) -- $100 (no PSU / no Controller)

5.  X6 Zeusminer Hurricane (10Mhs) -- $50 (no PSU / no Controller)

Anyone feel similar or different?  Anything I'm missing?  I don't know how to value the new KNC miners - as they seem to have different issues.  

not sure if your aware of this

http://zoomhash.com/collections/asics/products/110mhs-scrypt-asic-plug-and-play-1000w-a2mega-door-to-door-within-3-5-business-days

kind of nice A2 price best Ive seen even on e bay for a while , i think best price  ever I saw on eBay once was 1100 shipping 60 $  i wish i had bought that one but that was a month before the L1 s were due out.. this one is 700 over what your willing to pay but if I'm not mistaken that is a brand new one most of the ones on eBay for the same price are used all but one seller and hes wants arm and leg for shipping + whatever. and this one is a US seller not sure if you live in US so it may cost out the but in shipping + what ever . If I  had the money id buy that right now no question asked before it's sold out or price goes up.
It looks like it might be months to a year or more before we see any thing on sell and not for per orders there are some company coming out with stuff that don't do per orders. but who knows they may call it like Zeus DID for no real reason to the public or they can't get parts due the greed of the there suppler for chips that's seems to be hardest thing right now  for most company's to find a good  supply of .

I have very bad comments on  KNC becasue of how they royally sdnf;lkj over there customers. there intention from the start was to get enough so they could stop selling to the public then try and corner the market on mining .

I hope it back fires on them .

hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:39:11 AM

Yes - I did see that pricing -- about the same pricing you find on Alibaba.  I paid $1400 to $1600 for many of mine, about 4 months ago, so I have a hard time paying that much now.

I probably should of picked up the ones on Ebay going for $1100 to $1200 a while back.  Now there really aren't any.

redmonski

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:49:48 AM

Surprisingly Amazon have used A2 miners at $1,199. It's above my budget, that's why I'm just looking for the 30 mh/s A2 miners.

/]PASA 94028-93
hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:53:27 AM

Surprisingly Amazon have used A2 miners at $1,199. It's above my budget, that's why I'm just looking for the 30 mh/s A2 miners.

I saw that -- good find -- but I don't understand the delivery date of 5 to 23 days.  That makes me nervous.  I guess they are shipping from China.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: