Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem compiling with all autogen.sh type wallets.  (Read 767 times)
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:01:59 PM

I decided to re-purpose one of my old mining machines to run as a server for all the coin daemons.

It's running Ubuntu 14.10 and I've compiled lots of normal qt wallets and daemons that use this usual method
Code:
Daemon
make -f makefile.unix USE_UNPNP=-

QT
qmake "USE_UNPNP=-"
make

However I have not been able to get a single one of these  types to work and I've tried about 10 different coins
Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

What happens is that everything runs through fine, but at the end there is no bitcoind or bitcoin-qt

I've scoured the web but not managed to come across anyone with the same problem. I've checked numerous times that all the required packages are there,  I've looked through the config.log that isn't showing any serious errors.

I've done a manual install of the Berkley 4.8 DB and by using the following command
Code:
./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include -O2" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"

This has made a little progress, the bitcoind and the bitcoin-qt files are now appearing in the coin-name/src directory but I can't click to run them as it appears they are not executable.  They will however run from the terminal.

I presumed that both files would end up in the coin-name directory, so it appears like it's failing to do something at the end.

Anybody any clues ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:58:53 PM

Did you chmod +x the bitcoind and bitcoin-qt?

Edit: I can't think of anything else right off hand. Strange problem, I hope you can fix it.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:16:05 AM

I've looked through the config.log that isn't showing any serious errors.
What is a "serious" error? I was under the impression that an error of any seriousness will cause configure to abort without producing a makefile.

This has made a little progress, the bitcoind and the bitcoin-qt files are now appearing in the coin-name/src directory but I can't click to run them as it appears they are not executable.  They will however run from the terminal.
Some file managers do not use the executable flag to determine if a particular file is executable, instead they attempt to determine the file format, which seems to fail on certain types of ELF binaries, with the file manager thinking the executable is instead a shared library, despite the flags. This is a bug which should be reported to developers of the file manager in question (if it isn't already reported).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:17:34 AM

Did you chmod +x the bitcoind and bitcoin-qt?
I did try that and no difference, like I said they run from the command line.

I've looked through the config.log that isn't showing any serious errors.
What is a "serious" error? I was under the impression that an error of any seriousness will cause configure to abort without producing a makefile.
I'm new to linux but from what I read some minor errors are common during the configure process as it then generates an appropriate makefile, by nothing serious I meant there were no warnings about missing files or packages.

Some file managers do not use the executable flag to determine if a particular file is executable, instead they attempt to determine the file format, which seems to fail on certain types of ELF binaries, with the file manager thinking the executable is instead a shared library, despite the flags. This is a bug which should be reported to developers of the file manager in question (if it isn't already reported).
This seems to be close to what the problem is, if I double click on the files I get this

but my gut still tells me that it's missing doing something at the end that would solve this, and put the files in the original directory

Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:37:39 PM

I have found a temporary solution from this post, in case anyone else runs into this issue.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590592.msg6483604#msg6483604

I would still like to know what the cause is, I even took a spare hard disk and did a fresh install of 14.10, and it does exactly the same thing, I also tried it on 14.04.1 and 12.04 with the same result

I can also replicate the issue on the fresh install by downloading any precompiled linux coin for example dogecoin
https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/releases

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: