Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spread the Word, Spread the Coin  (Read 1905 times)
lyth0s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:07:46 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 12:20:43 AM by lyth0s

Hello,

So I've been on my soap box for a few weeks informing anyone who will listen about Bitcoin, bitcoin wallet apps (mainly mobile), its use case with remittances especially to the philliapines via coins.ph etc. So far this week I've got 5 newly interested parties, who now all have bitcoin wallets with small amounts of bitcoin. All of which are planning to "read up more about it" and seem enthusiastic. 1 person who is now using coins.ph/bitcoin to make their monthly remittances. And 1 person who has now also got their significant other into bitcoin using some of the coins I gave them.

To spark interest in the technology and show people how easy it is to use I've been giving them $3 each when they setup a new blockchain.info wallet app on their phone. Once they realize that there is no middle man, the transactions are super fast and have almost no fee, they are all hooked.

I plan to continue my efforts to raise bitcoin awareness this year and plan to give $3 to all new bitcoin users that I meet in person.

With this being said if anyone would like to contribute to my efforts I am accepting donations here: 19psYZCYpe1QMdhTr8gDR6cNy8JUyJm685

I will be continuing my efforts whether or not I receive any financial assistance in doing so, but some crowdfunding of increasing the amount of bitcoin users would be a great addition to my efforts.

If you'd like to "donate knowledge" I'm also interested in some of the main methods on which you get people interested in bitcoin? And how often can you convince people to download wallets and obtain bitcoin? Also any ideas of where people could immediately spend their $3 of bitcoins on? I always tell them about eGifter, Gyft, Newegg, Overstock, but usually $3 is too small of a purchase so they just hold on to them and I encourage them to send bitcoins to their other family members.

I'll be making occasional updates on newly acquired bitcoin enthusiasts Cheesy

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinsme

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:46:37 AM

Hi lyth0s, this is great stuff!!!

I'm with coins.ph - really appreciate your support.
Might I share that we just recently rolled out our referral program, you can see this when you log in to your account --> https://coins.ph/rewards/referrals

I hope you can make use of this as an additional push when you invite people to try bitcoin out, and in our own little way we get to help you in your cause. Would love to connect, find us on facebook if you have time Smiley.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:00:32 AM

Great job:)

Id recommend getting them to use Changetip, sending tips to friends for fun over twitter or youtube.

also if they like games, they can get the latest bundle (changes weekly) for $3 - or less if they want:
humblebundle.com

also dont forget they can search http://coinmap.org/ to see whats near by, or check this article: http://www.coindesk.com/information/what-can-you-buy-with-bitcoins/

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
lyth0s (OP)
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:36:23 AM

Great job:)

Id recommend getting them to use Changetip, sending tips to friends for fun over twitter or youtube.

also if they like games, they can get the latest bundle (changes weekly) for $3 - or less if they want:
humblebundle.com

also dont forget they can search http://coinmap.org/ to see whats near by, or check this article: http://www.coindesk.com/information/what-can-you-buy-with-bitcoins/

HumbleBundle is a great idea!

And over the past 2 days I've gotten 6 new people into checking out bitcoin using changetip's service which is now on facebook as well Cheesy

Times are changing my friends.

Shattered

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:09:27 AM

I just wanted to say thank you for spreading the word about the many benefits of using BTC and blockchain technology.
We need more people like you, informing the uninformed.

When i introduce people to BTC, i usually like to talk to middleclass or poor people.
I want to be a part of the movement that helps the 99% get their power/freedom back...

Good luck OP
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 10:40:48 AM

When bitcoin crashed, most of the people panicked thinking, what to do, what not to do. But clearly they didn't help much. This is the sort of ideas, that needs to supported and motivated. Great thinking man. Will do anything to help you in this project.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:33:31 AM

I'm spreading the word too, but I've never spread my BTC yet. No plan to do so, can't afford that, but I remember getting my first satoshis via a faucet, and there were plenty of faucets a while ago. It seems they're all gone.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 11:37:33 AM

I'm spreading the word too, but I've never spread my BTC yet. No plan to do so, can't afford that, but I remember getting my first satoshis via a faucet, and there were plenty of faucets a while ago. It seems they're all gone.

There are plenty faucets and new ones coming each day, most of them spew out 1000 satoshi per hour at the moment

hint: see sig Tongue

Shattered

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:26:07 AM

Can i ask what the motivation is behind you never spending any bitcoins? You seem to be a member who has been around for awhile, im just curious why you have never spent any...
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 11:20:21 AM

Love the plan, but using blockchain.info?  Im getting people to use hive wallet (on iOS) instead.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:04:38 PM

Hello,

So I've been on my soap box for a few weeks informing anyone who will listen about Bitcoin, bitcoin wallet apps (mainly mobile), its use case with remittances especially to the philliapines via coins.ph etc. So far this week I've got 5 newly interested parties, who now all have bitcoin wallets with small amounts of bitcoin. All of which are planning to "read up more about it" and seem enthusiastic. 1 person who is now using coins.ph/bitcoin to make their monthly remittances. And 1 person who has now also got their significant other into bitcoin using some of the coins I gave them.

To spark interest in the technology and show people how easy it is to use I've been giving them $3 each when they setup a new blockchain.info wallet app on their phone. Once they realize that there is no middle man, the transactions are super fast and have almost no fee, they are all hooked.

I plan to continue my efforts to raise bitcoin awareness this year and plan to give $3 to all new bitcoin users that I meet in person.

With this being said if anyone would like to contribute to my efforts I am accepting donations here: 19psYZCYpe1QMdhTr8gDR6cNy8JUyJm685

I will be continuing my efforts whether or not I receive any financial assistance in doing so, but some crowdfunding of increasing the amount of bitcoin users would be a great addition to my efforts.

If you'd like to "donate knowledge" I'm also interested in some of the main methods on which you get people interested in bitcoin? And how often can you convince people to download wallets and obtain bitcoin? Also any ideas of where people could immediately spend their $3 of bitcoins on? I always tell them about eGifter, Gyft, Newegg, Overstock, but usually $3 is too small of a purchase so they just hold on to them and I encourage them to send bitcoins to their other family members.

I'll be making occasional updates on newly acquired bitcoin enthusiasts Cheesy
This looks simple. but believe that a simple thing like this will play a major role in the development of the future will come bitcoin. continue your struggle
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:13:20 PM

I've never meet a person in real life that could handle a Bitcoin wallet unfortunately.
lyth0s (OP)
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:39:07 PM

I've never meet a person in real life that could handle a Bitcoin wallet unfortunately.

If they are somewhat young with even a high school education they can usually use something like mycelium or blockchain.info app pretty easily. Both apps allow you to send USD amounts of bitcoin so they don't even have to do any math to figure out how much BTC they want to send. The trickest part is teaching them how to use QR codes, but now that people are getting more familiar with QR codes and phone cameras it's not to bad.

The #1 thing I've learned about talking to people about bitcoin is this: Just show them how it works (receive/send) and they will be impressed. Try to explain how the whole technology works and they will be confused and very skeptical. Most of the population learns from performing actions rather than being more cerebral about topics.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: