Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:42:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: there is always money moving  (Read 2490 times)
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:18:02 AM

don't be put off by the current price of bitcoin.
it goes up, because there is money moving, and there always will be.

Happy New Year.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:47:30 AM

This doesn't prove that money is coming in, only that money is moving from one wallet to another.

I like your hopes though, let's all hope that more money comes to BTC.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:48:29 AM

I think you are trying to say that volume is high, and historically that is true, not at all time highs, but definitely higher than in the past.
When Bitcoin is really adopted by a percentage of the general public, we will see far far higher volume though!
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:07:05 AM

Is there something special for 66.96 or 66.97 BTC? Most of these transactions goes around 66.96 BTC, why?
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:08:26 PM

This doesn't prove that money is coming in, only that money is moving from one wallet to another.

It does nto matter if it come in or not important is that is moving and blockchain is useful.

Is there something special for 66.96 or 66.97 BTC? Most of these transactions goes around 66.96 BTC, why?

They were made by same person.

thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:09:51 PM

So someone shifting around  20k for some undisclosed reason  Lips sealed
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:15:59 PM

don't be put off by the current price of bitcoin.
it goes up, because there is money moving, and there always will be.

You're stating the obvious about the money moving as that is exactly what bitcoin is, but money merely moving doesn't make the bitcoin price go up as we can clearly see. The demand has to far outstrip the supply which obviously isn't happening at the moment, but give it time and we'll see some gains.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:01:05 PM

It does nto matter if it come in or not important is that is moving and blockchain is useful.

They were made by same person.

>blockchain useful
>pic with same coins shuffling back and forth

I guess...
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:09:56 PM

The main problem is that the merchants are accepting Bitcoins but selling them off instantly. This creates high volume but no help in price. They should get some incentives to hold Bitcoin.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:41:59 AM

Some money's moving but it's only normal, the real worry is that the supply may be growing too fast. 4,000 BTC are added each day, that's a lot!

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
General_A

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:16:01 AM

The main problem is that the merchants are accepting Bitcoins but selling them off instantly. This creates high volume but no help in price. They should get some incentives to hold Bitcoin.
I think a lower price but higher movement of coins would be ideal for bitcoin.

Svenson78

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:54:06 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 09:36:00 PM by Svenson78

Money will be always moving. It's what money does

Money making forum
click here for business management solutions
GGGGG

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:12:00 PM

Some money's moving but it's only normal, the real worry is that the supply may be growing too fast. 4,000 BTC are added each day, that's a lot!

Yes, that is the problem. And the supply is ALWAYS growing, even at times when there's no real demand.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:42:09 PM

Yeah,it's weird that the on-chain transaction have grown up a lot in 2014 while the development of the Bitcoin is just on the start.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:54:45 PM

Yes, that is the problem. And the supply is ALWAYS growing, even at times when there's no real demand.

the problem is also that the same buyers are not buying more, but the same miners are always dumping more
General_A

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:59:37 PM

the problem is also that the same buyers are not buying more, but the same miners are always dumping more
With merchants also always selling straight out. Its a viscous circle. If people want the price to rise they need investment money pouring in.   

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:15:15 PM

Cheesy i'm happy that 66 BTC pay tax for each ... moving fund.
not like in real world (0 tax for wall-flux).
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:57:28 PM

With merchants also always selling straight out. Its a viscous circle. If people want the price to rise they need investment money pouring in.   

I think I recall hearing that some companies like Overstock.com were actually keeping and not selling at least some of the bitcoin they got from sales.  I think the biggest detriment to btc value is the inherent fear and uncertainty caused by the crooks who do various crimes rather it be Mt Gox or just hacking a weak password.  There are failures on multiple levels and the responsibility is on the shoulders of users, website managers, business owners, bitcoin devs, etc.  But really, if bitcoin were really secure from inception then we wouldn't have any of these problems.  Maybe some other currency that is user friendly and secure will supplant bitcoin.  It's really not that far fetched even though bitcoin has it's followers it also has pretty severe flaws.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:19:41 AM

But if the price reaches around 250, then that won't be a big problem, as the miners would not be profitable, and some of them will chose to shutdown their operation, until bitcoin price comes back up.

I believe they'll keep on mining. Electricity bills aren't so high. If BTC's price drops to $100, that'll be a real problem, but $250 is fine.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:57:31 AM

But if the price reaches around 250, then that won't be a big problem, as the miners would not be profitable, and some of them will chose to shutdown their operation, until bitcoin price comes back up.

I believe they'll keep on mining. Electricity bills aren't so high. If BTC's price drops to $100, that'll be a real problem, but $250 is fine.

i won't stop mining, price may well get very very low but the way i see it... there is more potential adopters out there and all it would take is a big pile of money to take that price up again... all the talk about the mtgox false high isn't a concern for me as long as the potential is still there, which it is.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: