Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: there is always money moving  (Read 2486 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:42:13 PM

Is there something special for 66.96 or 66.97 BTC? Most of these transactions goes around 66.96 BTC, why?

It could be the same person transferring the amount from one of his main address to other addresses of his own where he splits the amount equally. I have seen the same thing being done to one of the top bitcoin address. Not sure what is the motive though. It's just some same ol people moving the stash around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elephantas1

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:18:54 PM

Some money's moving but it's only normal, the real worry is that the supply may be growing too fast. 4,000 BTC are added each day, that's a lot!

Yes, that is the problem. And the supply is ALWAYS growing, even at times when there's no real demand.

But if the price reaches around 250, then that won't be a big problem, as the miners would not be profitable, and some of them will chose to shutdown their operation, until bitcoin price comes back up.

I believe they'll keep on mining. Electricity bills aren't so high. If BTC's price drops to $100, that'll be a real problem, but $250 is fine.
dont forget that difficulty is increasing really fast. next increasing it will grow by 13 percent
Bernard Lerring

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:55:42 PM

... But really, if bitcoin were really secure from inception then we wouldn't have any of these problems.  Maybe some other currency that is user friendly and secure will supplant bitcoin.  It's really not that far fetched even though bitcoin has it's followers it also has pretty severe flaws.

That's the responsibilty aspect of being your own bank, as it were. If Bitcoin's price becomes more stable due to widespread adoption and it is used as a store of wealth, which I believe was one of Satoshi's main intentions, then we will have to know how to secure it ourselves and be responsible for our own wealth.

I don't think it's particurlarly hard to keep most of your BTC in an encypted offline wallet, whether it's backed up on paper or on multiple media (paper, SD card, USB drive etc.), and the younger generation would have no problem in doing this, I expect.

To pick out arbitrary figures - say you owned 100 BTC: you'd keep 90 BTC in cold storage, 7 to 8 BTC on a secure computer just used for signing transactions and 2 to 3 BTC in your online PC/smartphone wallet for everyday purchases and bills. This is how I could see it working for the younger generation of Bitcoiners. If they could afford 100 BTC, of course  Cheesy
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:45:26 PM

I think I recall hearing that some companies like Overstock.com were actually keeping and not selling at least some of the bitcoin they got from sales.  I think the biggest detriment to btc value is the inherent fear and uncertainty caused by the crooks who do various crimes rather it be Mt Gox or just hacking a weak password.  There are failures on multiple levels and the responsibility is on the shoulders of users, website managers, business owners, bitcoin devs, etc.  But really, if bitcoin were really secure from inception then we wouldn't have any of these problems.  Maybe some other currency that is user friendly and secure will supplant bitcoin.  It's really not that far fetched even though bitcoin has it's followers it also has pretty severe flaws.

Bitcoin is not secure? Bullshit. Computers are not secure, if you lost control of your computer, do not blame bitcoin, blame yourself. If you lost control of you computer, hacker gets all the data you own, including bitcoin keys if you happen to have them. He also gets your uncle Tom's wedding photos which you kept on the compromised machine, does it make jpg insecure?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:58:38 PM

Some money's moving but it's only normal, the real worry is that the supply may be growing too fast. 4,000 BTC are added each day, that's a lot!

Yes, that is the problem. And the supply is ALWAYS growing, even at times when there's no real demand.

But if the price reaches around 250, then that won't be a big problem, as the miners would not be profitable, and some of them will chose to shutdown their operation, until bitcoin price comes back up.

I believe they'll keep on mining. Electricity bills aren't so high. If BTC's price drops to $100, that'll be a real problem, but $250 is fine.
dont forget that difficulty is increasing really fast. next increasing it will grow by 13 percent

When that's supposed to happen? Not in the coming weeks, I believe.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:45:08 AM

I think I recall hearing that some companies like Overstock.com were actually keeping and not selling at least some of the bitcoin they got from sales.  I think the biggest detriment to btc value is the inherent fear and uncertainty caused by the crooks who do various crimes rather it be Mt Gox or just hacking a weak password.  There are failures on multiple levels and the responsibility is on the shoulders of users, website managers, business owners, bitcoin devs, etc.  But really, if bitcoin were really secure from inception then we wouldn't have any of these problems.  Maybe some other currency that is user friendly and secure will supplant bitcoin.  It's really not that far fetched even though bitcoin has it's followers it also has pretty severe flaws.

Bitcoin is not secure? Bullshit. Computers are not secure, if you lost control of your computer, do not blame bitcoin, blame yourself. If you lost control of you computer, hacker gets all the data you own, including bitcoin keys if you happen to have them. He also gets your uncle Tom's wedding photos which you kept on the compromised machine, does it make jpg insecure?

That's right, money moves on, Bitcoin gets more valuable day by day; but it's also getting harder to make our PCs safe...
darkangel

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:57:12 AM

don't be put off by the current price of bitcoin.
it goes up, because there is money moving, and there always will be.

Happy New Year.
The money from bitcoin will be kept secret only by a new owner. But when you trade with anyone, money is always passed from one person's example to another. Bitcoin will help you make a lot of real money.
Love!

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:14:22 PM

And it is still moving. When money is used as an investment or trading tool, it has to move. Movement is what keeps a value.

Imagine a world where all currencies, even crypto, remain at the same level.........always.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:35:00 AM

don't be put off by the current price of bitcoin.
it goes up, because there is money moving, and there always will be.

Happy New Year.
You may want to fix up that image because no one can actually view it.

But right now, I think the price is great. It is sitting at US$2400. Demand is continuing to grow with the media attention that Bitcoin is attaining and supply will continue to fall with the halving. It looks like bitcoin is in for a decent price hype in the future.

Especially if developers get behind SegWit on August 1 when the hard fork occurs.

Plus money is moving like you said. The fact that Bitcoin is being used as investment and trading advocates that it had to move. Thus, it retains it value.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:38:10 AM

Money moves I think it's normal, because many transactions between users one to other users, but it does not affect the price of bitcoin, bitcoin will remain that way but if market demand continues to increase I think bitcoin will increase, but we wait Now is not the time, maybe a few months ahead
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Money moves must exist as long as there is still sale and purchase transactions electricity bills and others. But the question is what can change the price of bitcoin. I do not think that will happen unless there is a lot of high market demand

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:04:11 AM

And it is still moving. When money is used as an investment or trading tool, it has to move. Movement is what keeps a value.

Imagine a world where all currencies, even crypto, remain at the same level.........always.
THe movement of the money keep the economic still goes for smoothly, but in the old century the human had not used the money to be the main currency, but the gold is the real currency in the world, fiat just a paper and you can try to print it anytime.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:28:57 AM

Money moves must exist as long as there is still sale and purchase transactions electricity bills and others. But the question is what can change the price of bitcoin. I do not think that will happen unless there is a lot of high market demand

What are you talking about man? We saw 200 dolars just 2 years ago and 7 years ago somebody saw just '50 cents'  Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: