Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:05:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows game on Mac.  (Read 614 times)
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 12:27:03 PM

Hello! i wanted to play one of my favourite games for some days ago. Battle of middle-earth II. but its a windows game, is it possible to open a windows ''Window'' on mac and play the game from there ? or should i just use a USB with linux and swap OS fast ? i don't prefer the last option but if its the only way..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:11:39 PM

well you should give a try to virtual machine.install vm and then install windows os in vm and play the game.
https://www.virtualbox.org
Mr. Burns

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:00:29 PM

u could always download 7th Guest from the Apple iStore.  it's a DOS game but it runs on Mac Cheesy
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:21:29 PM

You can use VMWare or a different virtual machine application if you wish to run Windows in a separate window, while still being booted into Mac OS X. Keep in mind that it may run slowly, because your computer processor is being used for two operating systems at once.

Alternatively, you can boot into Windows directly by installing the Bootcamp software. When you start up your Mac computer, there will be an option to choose between Mac OS X and Windows. This is the best option in my opinion.

Another option is to try Parallels, which will attempt to run the Windows application directly, without booting up Windows in a virtual machine. This software is not guaranteed to work all the time.
AJinNYC

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:56:37 PM

You can use VMWare or a different virtual machine application if you wish to run Windows in a separate window, while still being booted into Mac OS X. Keep in mind that it may run slowly, because your computer processor is being used for two operating systems at once.

Alternatively, you can boot into Windows directly by installing the Bootcamp software. When you start up your Mac computer, there will be an option to choose between Mac OS X and Windows. This is the best option in my opinion.

Another option is to try Parallels, which will attempt to run the Windows application directly, without booting up Windows in a virtual machine. This software is not guaranteed to work all the time.

Parallels is a virtual machine... it just has better integration between the two OSes that are running, giving the illusion it's a operating directly in Mac OS. It is indeed running a full version of Windows. I've used it on my MacBook Pro, honestly it's not worth paying for.... use Virtual Box.

Done with this forum. Goodbye all.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 10:31:18 PM

I misread what you had posted, it might be possible doing it through an emulator or some sort of VMware as people have said but you'll have a tough time getting a windows thing to work on a mac, apple products are particularly nasty when it comes to what software you can and can't run on their products.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:51:18 AM

Parallels is a virtual machine... it just has better integration between the two OSes that are running, giving the illusion it's a operating directly in Mac OS. It is indeed running a full version of Windows. I've used it on my MacBook Pro, honestly it's not worth paying for.... use Virtual Box.

Oh really? I did not know that it actually runs a full version of Windows. The last time I tried using Parallels on a Mac computer, it would not successfully run certain Windows executable files. It was able to open some programs, but they did not work properly. Certain other programs worked fine.

I guess there has been something that changed during the meantime, as that was a few years ago. Or perhaps I did not set up my copy of Parallels correctly.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:53:52 PM

Using a virtual machine is the quickest and easiest way to do that. But if you really need hardware acceleration when playing a contemporary game that needs a lot of processing and graphics power, you preferably install Windows on your Mac as a second boot option. Windows runs natively on Macs!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:21:14 PM

VMware Fusion. Virutlbox. WINE can sometimes work.
Its a long process but Bootcamp lets you dual boot with windoze.

Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:02:36 PM

Yeah you can run Win on a Mac. For playing a game this is great, because you get all the hardware power. But would you really want to run Win when you can have a true OS X? Hahaa Cheesy

b!z
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:07:00 PM

Yeah you can run Win on a Mac. For playing a game this is great, because you get all the hardware power. But would you really want to run Win when you can have a true OS X? Hahaa Cheesy

Some people may wish to because certain games can only be run on Windows. They do not have a version that is compatible of Mac OS X. It is a well-known fact that many more popular applications and games support the Windows operating system, due to its wide use across the world.
jokerboy

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:10:28 PM

Maybe parallel desktop see your work ?
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:32:11 PM

Some people may wish to because certain games can only be run on Windows. They do not have a version that is compatible of Mac OS X. It is a well-known fact that many more popular applications and games support the Windows operating system, due to its wide use across the world.

Uhm yeah, this is exactly what I was saying!?!? That's why I was suggesting using a Windows that runs natively on the Mac because you can only run a lot of Games on a strong hardware. Emulating that hardware is much too slow in most cases.

WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:09:57 PM

Parallels works however once it becomes outdated they hound and annoy you to update it. Also my computer recently had to be completely reset and I lost Parallels and they wouldn't let me reinstall it unless I paid...again.

Get sick. Get well.
activebiz

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:01:54 PM

u could install wine on your mac

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: