Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Dropping ? How can I Protect The Value Of My Bitcoin.  (Read 3063 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:26:22 AM

Hello Everyone here

That's a question I always ask myself, weather its in the morning when I wake up, during the day as I read all those negative BTC reviews or even at night as I stay up contemplating weather or not my BTC will be worth less by the time I wake.

I came to a simple 3 point solution.

- Stay informed (News is key to staying ahead of any future price dips)

- Prepare for future scenarios (Hedge the risk of any possible adverse market conditions by having exit/re-entry strategies)

- Take immediate action (When the market falls get out before the panic erupts. Do not be a Bitcoin romantic. Emotional attachment will cost you.)

I'm not fear mongering here, Im simply being realistic. We all know the concept of Bitcoin is still pretty new and as we have seen with other bubbles, some burst and some float to great heights.

Thanks

The reason the price is going down is simple. The Bitcoin community needs to understand that each time a giant merchant integrates bitcoin on the POS side, without also offering a bitcoin payroll option to employees, it's like putting another brick on the "sell side" of a see saw.

What we have now is a giant network of Bitpay auto-sellers dumping coins on the market. These merchants are auto selling nightly regardless of BTC price, and there's simply not a big enough pool of market buyers to absorb this unstoppable selling machine.

In your opinion, are the Bitcoins used at these merchants mainly from miners? The auto sellers have to be getting the coin from somewhere.

pablox43

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:39:32 AM

Dude, if you invested in Bitcoin is because you invested for the LONG TERM. Additionally, do you even know all the benefits that Bitcoin brings to the table? If you understand these benefits, then you will truly feel more comfortable with your investment.

Regards,

Pabs
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 04:42:18 AM

It's not the value which is most important.

Here we go again with this lame thoughts from a hero member

I'm buying any underpriced asset btw.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:50:17 AM

Price dropping gives you chance to buy cheap coins

innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:42:32 PM

What if the prices keep dropping? It's now seem that the prices trend to dropping.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:06:00 PM

Well thats never true. Just like it is hard to predict whats the highest it can go, there is also the same for what is the lowest it can go.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:26:37 PM

It's not the value which is most important.

Here we go again with this lame thoughts from a hero member

Some people just don't get it. It's like learning a language. You don't really know the language until you think and dream in the language.

You don't really Bitcoin until you don't think fiat anymore.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:27:30 PM

If I buy 1BTC for $1000 and invest that Bitcoin in something that gives me 50% return, which means I have now 1.5BTC.

When Bitcoin price falls down to $200 does that mean I lost a lot money? No.

1 Bitcoin is, and will always be 1 Bitcoin.
fryarminer

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:32:42 PM

If I buy 1BTC for $1000 and invest that Bitcoin in something that gives me 50% return, which means I have now 1.5BTC.

Dude. Exactly.

I guess I don't frequent gold forums. But I never hear someone who has purchased 10 ounces of gold freak out that their 10 ounces is no longer worth anything. It's still 10 ounces.
ramkumar

Activity: 603

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:54:31 PM

I can't understand your example.

you invested $1000 & earned $500, total is $1500 (1.5 BTC)

if price falls down to $200, your fiat currency value is decreased, you can buy 5 BTC at this price without any investment. you can't sell your 1.5 BTC to $1500 worth of any fiat currency.

Everyone is purchase using Fiat currency,so it should be worth atleast the buying fiat currency value while BTC used. it doesn't matter about shot / long run. (IMO)

still i believe in Bitcoin and it will be stable soon.

sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:10:31 PM

Yes, you would have lost a money . If it was say 1000$(not btc) and an investment got it up to 1500$, then I would have 1500$.
In your example, you would now only have 300$. Not saying anything against bitcoin, but your example is wrong.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:48:48 PM

- Take immediate action (When the market falls get out before the panic erupts. Do not be a Bitcoin romantic. Emotional attachment will cost you.)

IMO the correct response is "Do nothing" if you don't sell, you haven't lost anything.

It's not emotional attachment, it's recognition that the market is pathological and will careen up and down senselessly many times in the span of a few years.

Imagine you bought a house for 50,000 in the 90s, all the neighbourhood was selling for a half mill in the mid 00s, then 08 crash, and nowadays it's valued about 150k... you read a headline in finance section "House prices expected to decline 10% in 2015" ... so you panic sell to one of those "we buy houses for cash" flippers for 130k  and put your family out on the street... yay, you've preserved your "wealth"... meanwhile spring sees buyers come out in droves, you find yourself outbid on a dozen homes, and eventually you get a 4 room hovel, one block from teh trailer park... but hey, at least you made the "financially sound" decision and didn't let emotional attachment cloud your judgement...

So, IMO correct response to "House prices expected to decline 10% in 2015" headline, is "Meh, still have a house".... same thing for BTC.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:45:19 PM

Well, if you want to protect what you've got at the moment, you can only do one thing: Sell all of your Bitcoins! This is the only way to prevent further fluctuations caused by the BTC price! Of course this also exempts you from re-gaining your losses. Only invest what you can afford to lose. Make up your mind before you do a trade. Always!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ikydesu

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 05:27:31 PM

Why you not lost your money if bitcoin price down to $200 while you buy btc at $1000?

Only invest what you can afford to lose. Make up your mind before you do a trade. Always!

That's right.

But i disagree with sell all of your bitcoin. How about HOLD?
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:30:00 PM

Only invest what you can afford to lose. Make up your mind before you do a trade. Always!

That's right.

I was merely tackling the issue of "how to protect your current value hold". If you measure that in USD, you can only go so far and sell all of it for USD. If you believe it may appreciate in value again at some point - which I and a lot of people here do - you probably are best off with holding to your stash and wait for better times, yes!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ikydesu

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 05:50:47 PM

That's right.

If you believe it may appreciate in value again at some point - which I and a lot of people here do - you probably are best off with holding to your stash and wait for better times, yes!

That's, wait for better times Wink

if you sell all of your btc is the same as you can't protect the value of btc right.
jwcastle

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 11:50:44 PM

My point of view on this topic is if you are a miner and you pay for electricity in fiat, then the fiat value of Bitcoin matters a lot. If you pay for your hardware, electricity, and whatever else with Bitcoins, then the fiat value doesn't matter much.  Because whatever Bitcoins you mine, you decide whether it is worth it using the Bitcoins that you mined to pay for the mining expenses.

Example 1: Your mining rig costs 1 BTC.  Monthly electricity for that rig costs 0.5 BTC.  You average 2 BTC each month. The fiat value does not matter because you still gain 0.5 BTC each month.

Example 2: Your mining rig costs $500 USD. Monthly electricity costs $250. You average 2 BTC each month. The fiat value of BTC is $300 USD. It matters A LOT what the fiat value is. If 1 BTC is valued at $1000 USD, the entire strategy changes. You might even overclock and use twice the amount of electricity for only a 20% gain in GHs.

BitcoinEval.com - Evaluate your Bitcoin earnings
CPR
mmpbitcoin

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:16:13 AM

Very cool to read this old topics...
I just like to know if any of you really sold your Bitcoin.
capt.khannaa@gmail.com

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:44:57 PM

well actually its really hard to predict the BTC price .But i personally dont think that BTC won't claim up in that much hight in the short preiod of time  🙂 But you never know what will happen next in the world of crypto  😉
m_01

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:46:02 PM

Dont worry BTC will rise upto moon
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: