Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P2P techs + Open sourcing are gonna flash trillions of valuations...  (Read 414 times)
BitMos (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:16:09 PM

And I am lovin it! yes, yes, p2p techs (bitcoin, bittorrent, bitmessage, openbazaar and co) need a lot of developments... However what Linux could do, they will... and then only Google may have the force to stand for a while... before too being decentralized.

With Bitcoin I buy&sell how I want.
With Bittorrent I Upload&Download what I want.
With Bitmesssage I say what I want.
With Openbazaar I buy&sell what I want.

Key Word: I want (and it's opposite, what I DON'T want).

money is faster...
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:58:21 AM

Yes, you are right. Peer to peer technology is very quickly developing and has risen in popularity a lot over the past years. For example, BitTorrent is an effective replacement to centralized download services such as Rapidshare or MegaUpload (both of which have ceased to function recently).

One should not underestimate the power of decentralized technology and cryptography. For example, the TOR network allows people in countries with free speech restrictions to safely communicate through the internet. Another application is that it allows people to anonymously share information, such as providing tips to the media without fear of retaliation.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:48:24 AM

Until decentralized internet, we are still subject to one country blocking access to anything.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: