Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:42:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which passthrough should I use to keep the 6.5% interest?
Hashking - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82574.0 - 1 (3.1%)
payb.tc - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83904.0 - 5 (15.6%)
ineededausername - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91375.0 - 0 (0%)
Chaang Noi (Goat) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82573.0 - 9 (28.1%)
I don't care - 12 (37.5%)
No passthrough but with a lower 4.5% interest - 5 (15.6%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCPPT - Litecoin Pirate Pass Through (CLOSED)  (Read 11981 times)
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:03:44 PM

Interest rate will probably be 4.5% a week. The risk is if pirate defaults, you will lose your bitcoins. Of course there's also risk of me running away with your coins. But I hope people trust me enough not to do that.

Why wouldn't someone just invest in a PPT that pays >6.5%/week, then turn the BTC dividends into LTC?

What might be useful is if you accepted deposits in LTC.

And paid out in LTC as well...

I would love to accept deposit in LTC. Problem with that is if LTC appreciates in value with respect to BTC, and then if you wanted to withdraw in LTC, I would have to take a loss to buyback those LTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:04:57 PM

Interest rate will probably be 4.5% a week. The risk is if pirate defaults, you will lose your bitcoins. Of course there's also risk of me running away with your coins. But I hope people trust me enough not to do that.

Why wouldn't someone just invest in a PPT that pays >6.5%/week, then turn the BTC dividends into LTC?

I would love to accept deposit in LTC. Problem with that is if LTC appreciates in value with respect to BTC, and then if you wanted to withdraw in LTC, I would have to take a loss to buyback those LTC.

I guess that's the risk you take making a service like this. That's how the game is played. You will need to give your users options like this otherwise it only benefits you.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:12:03 PM

I guess that's the risk you take making a service like this. That's how the game is played. You will need to give your users options like this otherwise it only benefits you.

Sorry, it's not in my best interest to have a situation where I would not want LTC to appreciate in value.

I would think what I'm offering benefits both me and depositors since they get more than pirate's regular account interest (which is 3.9%) and they get a constant stream of LTC every week without having to deal with mining or buying LTC at an exchange.

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:12:40 PM

I created a poll. Please vote. And please don't pick the last option just because you think it's funny. Smiley

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:15:50 PM

That's just another passthrough, right? With the new rates, he will likely reduce his interest payments.

Of course he will. But the "system" I was referring to is his web site front end and his automatic payout and probably tracking system back end.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:24:08 PM

That's just another passthrough, right? With the new rates, he will likely reduce his interest payments.

Of course he will. But the "system" I was referring to is his web site front end and his automatic payout and probably tracking system back end.

Depends on how much interest there is, I might create a web front end for this. But initially, I think a published Google doc showing anonymous accounts is probably good enough.

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:38:01 AM

Let's do a test run. For those of you that want to deposit 100 BTC or more, send me a PM. I will get you into this week and I can pay 4.5% interest in LTC on Mondays. And if you need to get your coins back, just PM me.

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:27:58 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 09:00:35 AM by coblee

For each week, I will buy LTC from the exchange and average out the exchange rate for all the interest payments.

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:33:31 AM

By the way, until August when Pirate lowers his interest rate, depositors will get 6.5% a week. And your first week interest will be prorated based on which day of the week you deposit.

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 09:33:43 AM

I updated first post with more info.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 09:42:07 AM

I would only consider this if the amount is small enough (somewhere around 50BC for me personally).

There is already risk involved because of pass through and the added fact that Litecoin is not really established yet only increases the risk. Don't gamble with what you can't lose and all that. Smaller amounts would work better.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 09:47:54 AM

I would only consider this if the amount is small enough (somewhere around 50BC for me personally).

There is already risk involved because of pass through and the added fact that Litecoin is not really established yet only increases the risk. Don't gamble with what you can't lose and all that. Smaller amounts would work better.

A few people have asked me whether or not I can do a 50 btc deposit. I decided to do it. So PM me if interested.

BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:07:56 AM

So every week you get 4.5btc interest on your 100. That 4.5 is then converted to ltc at that days price and then given to the user. Is this correct?

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:08:37 AM

So every week you get 4.5btc interest on your 100. That 4.5 is then converted to ltc at that days price and then given to the user. Is this correct?

Correct

Endgame

Activity: 412

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:54:43 PM

I think its a great idea coblee. But I agree with the guy who said that deposits and interest need to be paid in litecoins
BlackBison

Activity: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:10:47 PM

I think its a great idea coblee. But I agree with the guy who said that deposits and interest need to be paid in litecoins

well I would like this too, but it cannot happen at this point unless someone sets up a pirate-style operation using ltc instead of btc. or a ponzi-scheme.

you cannot operate a pass through to pirates btc fund as the risks are just too huge for coblee, with minimal rewards. look at the recent ltc/btc price swings..

payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:21:17 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2012, 05:38:27 AM by payb.tc

i just came up with this idea myself today but after a forum search i see that coblee beat me by 2 days Cheesy

it would be good if deposit/withdrawal was in LTC, but you just have to manage the exchange risk somehow.

...and that would all be a lot easier if there was a litcoinica.com for shorting LTC.
Litecoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 11:13:20 PM

Correct

Coblee, did you buy tons of Litecoins? All those huge buy orders took the price up on BTC-e.  It seems to be very profitable to get dirt cheap Litecoins, push the price up and pay interest in Litecoins.
Just wondering...
LoWang

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 11:23:56 PM

Correct

Coblee, did you buy tons of Litecoins? All those huge buy orders took the price up on BTC-e.  It seems to be very profitable to get dirt cheap Litecoins, push the price up and pay interest in Litecoins.
Just wondering...

Same question here...
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 12:18:06 AM

Correct

Just wondering...

Same question here...

I've bought only enough to pay the interest payments next week. Not enough to push the price up. But I did buy them before the run-up, so depositors will likely get more litecoins next Monday compared to the current exchange rate.

I plan to buy litecoins through the week so as to get the best price and minimize a run-up on Mondays.

By the way, I'm not doing this for profit. The .5% fee is basically for my time and effort. Also as long as pirate does not default, then I'm guaranteeing your coins. So if my wallet gets hacked or if btc-e gets hacked, I will personally cover all the loses.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: