Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which passthrough should I use to keep the 6.5% interest?
Hashking - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82574.0 - 1 (3.1%)
payb.tc - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83904.0 - 5 (15.6%)
ineededausername - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91375.0 - 0 (0%)
Chaang Noi (Goat) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82573.0 - 9 (28.1%)
I don't care - 12 (37.5%)
No passthrough but with a lower 4.5% interest - 5 (15.6%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCPPT - Litecoin Pirate Pass Through (CLOSED)  (Read 11986 times)
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 02:10:19 AM

I got pirate's payment. And interest payments have been sent.

Luckily, I exchanged for the litecoins throughout the week and withdraw them Yesterday. I'm not sure what's going on with BTC-e. I may have to use a different exchange next week.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 02:16:44 AM

Luckily, I exchanged for the litecoins throughout the week and withdraw them Yesterday. I'm not sure what's going on with BTC-e. I may have to use a different exchange next week.

I think BTC-e got hacked, at least that's what I heard on IRC.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:31:26 AM

Yeah, I'm interested in your pass-through, but with the hack on BTC-e, do you have another exchange for LTC?

I might use Vircurex, but that seems to be down. I will post when I have more information. Thanks.

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 01:37:13 PM

Apparently btc-e will have most everything sorted out in 1-2 days, all transactions during the period of hacking have been reversed, only ~4500BTC were stolen (still a lot, but most of their BTC was in offline cold storage). So you will likely still be able to use their service. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:08:42 PM

I will likely use the new Litecoin exchange: https://ltcexchange.bitparking.com/main

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:35:34 PM

I will likely use the new Litecoin exchange: https://ltcexchange.bitparking.com/main

Perhaps not a bad idea. Nothing against btc-e. Good to know we have two exchanges now. Well 2.5 if you count vircurex.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 08:24:43 PM

I want to emphasize that even if I left the LTCPPT interest in btc-e and lost it due to the btc-e hack, I would absorb all the loss myself. I would make sure depositors of LTCPPT get their interest payments. Only in the event of a Pirate default, would there be a loss of principle. So the 0.5% fee I charge covers the work to exchange the interest payments into litecoins AND the insurance against any mishandling of the principle or interest payments by me or any exchanges I use.

AMD FTW

Activity: 317

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:42:07 PM

sent you a pm coblee

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:45:30 PM

i just came up with this idea myself today but after a forum search i see that coblee beat me by 2 days Cheesy

it would be good if deposit/withdrawal was in LTC, but you just have to manage the exchange risk somehow.

...and that would all be a lot easier if there was a litcoinica.com for shorting LTC.

Find someone who wants to write options and take a long straddle, if you think it's too volatile. Worst that can happen is you lose the premium you paid for the options (if the price is stable).

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:49:33 PM

Payments are going out right now. Thanks.

Greedi

Activity: 266

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 06:03:42 PM

what is this Pirate Pass Through all about?

many of my friends is talking about it, but i can't seem to find some good info about.

can someone tell mere about?, i'll love to support, but i also won't to know what i'm doing Smiley

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 05:46:32 AM

what is this Pirate Pass Through all about?

many of my friends is talking about it, but i can't seem to find some good info about.

can someone tell mere about?, i'll love to support, but i also won't to know what i'm doing Smiley

Essentially Pirateat40 runs a deposit system that pays up to 7% weekly on deposits (so if you put in 100BTC, in 1 week you could have 107, although you need large amounts to invest directly with him). People who do have accounts with him give passthroughs, where you deposit your 100BTC with them, they deposit it in pirate at 7%, and they pay you a certain amount (hashking gives 6.75%, Bitcoinmax.com 6.9%).

Coblee is providing a service to do a pirate passthrough with bitcoins, but pay out the weekly interest in litecoins, a very cool idea.

Kumala

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:20:58 AM

I like the idea, just a little out of my reach. Too bad GLBSE can't be used for things like this.

Let's get Nefario to make a GLLSE!

Do you guys think there is sufficient volume to open a LTC Exchange? Extending Cryptostocks to LTC would take a few days only, question is only whether there is sufficient LTC volume available on the various exchanges (Bitparking, BTC-e, Vircurex, any others out there?) to handle the potential load of LTC coins that are going to come.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:25:12 PM

I like the idea, just a little out of my reach. Too bad GLBSE can't be used for things like this.

Let's get Nefario to make a GLLSE!

Do you guys think there is sufficient volume to open a LTC Exchange? Extending Cryptostocks to LTC would take a few days only, question is only whether there is sufficient LTC volume available on the various exchanges (Bitparking, BTC-e, Vircurex, any others out there?) to handle the potential load of LTC coins that are going to come.

It would be really nice if Cyptostocks would support LTC, including orderbooks for securities, and payment of dividends directly in LTC. It would help a lot having such a infrastructure to form more LTC and multicurrencies companies...
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:36:37 PM

I think I understand how he makes money and why he needs other people's coins.

I also thought the developers of LTC believed in the immunity of Scrypt towards GPU acceleration. But that's another tangent.
Thanks but no thanks, my personal caveat emptor here! 

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:05:54 AM

With the new Pirate accounts, I will only be able to get 5% a week instead of 7% per week. So instead of changing my passthrough to return 4.5% a week, I am thinking of using another passthrough to get 6.8% or 6.9%. And I can keep LTCPPT at 6.5% payout. The downside is that there's now another person you have to trust. I will likely go with Chaang Noi's passthrough. I have had many business dealings with Chaang and I trust him. Here's his profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=44233

I will be PM'ing the current depositors to make sure they are ok with this change. If you are not, I can return your deposit. This change will happen on Monday and will not affect this week's interest.

btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:20:22 AM

With the new Pirate accounts, I will only be able to get 5% a week instead of 7% per week. So instead of changing my passthrough to return 4.5% a week, I am thinking of using another passthrough to get 6.8% or 6.9%. And I can keep LTCPPT at 6.5% payout. The downside is that there's now another person you have to trust. I will likely go with Chaang Noi's passthrough. I have had many business dealings with Chaang and I trust him. Here's his profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=44233

I will be PM'ing the current depositors to make sure they are ok with this change. If you are not, I can return your deposit. This change will happen on Monday and will not affect this week's interest.
Don't you have enought volume to get 7%? I was going to invest 100 Bitcoins but I am not confident with another person in the chain.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:52:17 AM

Don't you have enought volume to get 7%? I was going to invest 100 Bitcoins but I am not confident with another person in the chain.

Unfortunately, with the new interest rates, not even close:

Current Weekly Interest Rates 3
5,000+ BTC 5%
15,000+ BTC 6%
25,000+ BTC 7%

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:09:34 PM

It's quite a risky idea if you don't know whether it's a Ponzi or not. I have lost 50 Bitcoins to Bitcoinica, and I'm not sure that as lead developer of ltc you should take on a high risk like that. People trust you and if you mess this one up, or if Pirate does, people will be mad at you anyway. It won't help you then that you told them "at your own risk only" when you ask people to trust you because you are convinced Pirate is not a Ponzi. It's a crazy, greedy idea and you could significantly hurt the entire Ltc project because of the connection between Ltc and your name and reputation. Personally, I want Ltc to be a success. Not sure what you're doing is the way to achieve that.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 06:18:25 PM

As well, coblee can't just make the litecoins out of thin air, he is buying them on the exchanges, meaning that, in the end, every week the interest in BTC is used to buy LTC, increasing the price of LTC, perhaps quite significantly if this service really catches on. I'd invest in something like this, but I only have like 25 BTC. Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: