Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:27:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-01-02] QNTRA: Theymos Claims Josh Garza Is Sending Him Legal Threats...  (Read 3827 times)
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:15:29 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Theymos Claims Josh Garza Is Sending Him Legal Threats To Have Content Removed

Theymos, owner of bitcointalk.org and a moderator of /r/bitcoin, is claiming that he has been on the receiving end of legal threats from Josh Garza and his legal team. Garza is claimed to be demanding the removal of things from /r/bitcoin and the bitcointalk.org forums although it is not known which content Garza specifically takes offense to given much of what is being posted.

[...]

Asked his opinion of GAW's founder Josh Garza and Paycoin itself, Theymos said:

From what I've read, GAW Miners used to be a decent hardware company. However:

Paycoin is really stupid.

Cloud mining in general is a very dangerous field to invest in. (As if mining wasn't dangerous enough…)
Jeff Garza and his lawyers keep sending me legal threats to try to get me to remove things from /r/Bitcoin and bitcointalk.org, which is extremely suspicious and annoying.
I recommend avoiding them as much as possible.

http://qntra.net/2015/01/theymos-claims-josh-garza-is-sending-him-legal-threats-to-have-content-removed/

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:21:14 AM

1ST GAWSOME Smiley)

Thank you for posting this

siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:24:58 AM

Hold strong! Down with ScamCoin and Garza the Scammer

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Thank you for posting this

You're welcome.

dicksausage

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:28:10 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

PND IS BEST COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LOVE
PND IS ONLY COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LIFE
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:33:25 AM

this is getting crazy

yolo
CoinMode

Activity: 417

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:50:55 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

So you are giving him a reason to point at us and yell, "Look everybody, they are antisemitic neo-Nazis on bitcointalk.org!"

Delete that shit right now or I'll get somebody else to delete it for you.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:05:46 AM

So you are giving him a reason to point at us and yell, "Look everybody, they are antisemitic neo-Nazis on bitcointalk.org!"

His handle is dicksausage. Do you think he cares? Just sayin'

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:10:40 AM

It is not crazy, it is normal. He is a rich entitled spoiled brat that thinks money does and can control everything.
I would say he learned a lot from this forum, like I have and many others have. He learned how to mine on this forum and he gained his 1st loyal customers here, me being one of them.
He said fuck this, I can buy my own forum and make it bigger than bitcointalk. Started selling miners then he started attacking the people that got him started in mining, KNC, this is true from his past ebay sales selling KNC mining equipment. Calling people that were waiting for KNC miners, KNC Refugees and promising them he would take care of them with the vaultbreakers.
Then he started attacking bitcointalk, telling us on the forum (HT) how much he hated this site, people troll here, are uninformed etc while running his signature campaign still on here.
He goes and buys BTC.COM and guess what he starts attacking next? Yep bitcoin, on every crypto article that would listen to him, go fucking figure huh....
I am glad I got out of his bullshit scam a while ago, lost very little and never decided to be part of his next business plan that was changing every 6 - 12 days. I just wanted to mine crypto currency.

I wont get into the promises, legal threats to coinfire, people, people that were a huge help to him in the crypto field.  He would chat like he knew everything while he knew jack shit, he would pick the brains of some of the smartest people I met on his forum and they all came from here ( I will not disclose names because 1:I have not asked them for permission and 2: I am under NDA) Speaking of NDA, he was one of the biggest bullshit artists I have ever met.

I am glad the people from here started posting threads and were very well at explaining to others what they seen that was going on with this company. Bitcointalk was the 1st crypto currency site I found when I started searching the internet to learn about BTC and I am very thankful not only to Bitcointalk but to all of the people and community that have helped me with EVERYTHING.

I have so much more to say but will refrain myself from doing so, because my English is limited.

Thank you Bitcointalk, Theymos and the wonderful community here.

EDIT

Homero Josh Garza, you can not ever fuckin buy me. I would give myself to charity for free before I would ever sell myself to you.

dicksausage

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:15:21 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

Fuck off. I have a speech impediment you insensitive twat.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:16:28 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

Tell me how speech impediments translate to typing.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:17:19 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

That's exactly what I would expect from someone named "dicksausage".

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dicksausage

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:18:09 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

I can't explain it. I'm not a neuroscientist.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:19:27 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUEjtCV1Gc

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:22:27 AM

what all the prayers to baby jesus didnt come through for born agian joshy boy WHAAAHHH wHHHAAAAAHH, make them take it down jesus, make them take it down!!!
dicksausage

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:25:30 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

Is this you?

http://loloop.com/dicksausage-swf
You aren't a baller until you have a .swf named after you.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:28:14 AM

Jewsh Goyza a shit

Is this you?

http://loloop.com/dicksausage-swf
You aren't a baller until you have a .swf named after you.

I wish I could remove that from my mind!

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 08:22:56 AM

Theymos Claims Josh Garza Is Sending Him Legal Threats To Have Content Removed

I have a faint feeling that I might know which content he is concerned about... V
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:10:56 AM

Crazy. Now is the time to change something. We have to keep the Bitcoin world clean from scammers. Otherwise it will never reach the mainstream.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:24:19 PM

https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io/status/551168914852286464

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2r5irw/shapeshiftio_official_announcement_re_paycoin/

Hello Cryptocurrency Community,
ShapeShift.io added support for Paycoin (XPY) a couple weeks ago, upon the request of our users. The coin was quite popular (both for buyers and sellers). The software itself worked as advertised, so we were happy to integrate it.
In general, ShapeShift is “coin agnostic” - we have no idea which digital assets will endure for the long term. If the market is excited about a certain asset, we work to integrate it into our platform, and so we did with Paycoin. We do not “endorse” any coins, nor do we heavily vet the prospects of any asset before we integrate it. We simply listen to the marketplace – unfortunately the marketplace can be a confusing and cacophonous arena.
For the last few days there has been intense scrutiny over Paycoin and its creator, Josh Garza and GAW, with many calling the coin an outright scam.
While we understand that a community which advocates a free and open market needs to be diligent about self-policing, scam accusations are made routinely, often without actual proof or even evidence. People should generally be a little more careful with the word, but we understand why the crypto community reacts so strongly against perceived scams.
And indeed, there are scams out there, and we must all be diligent in building an honest, professional, and productive ecosystem. Looking out for each other is good business.
We've looked further into Paycoin, and while there are some criticisms that are superfluous (a coin being “premined” does not necessarily make it a scam, for example), there is one particular issue that we cannot ignore. Josh Garza and the Paycoin admins made a very clear promise – a guarantee – which is that when Paybase opened (a Paycoin marketplace), that Paycoins would be bought there for $20 each. That was a factual promise, made by the creator of the coin.
Anyone who studies markets should know that guaranteeing the price of anything is a fool's errand. But indeed, if Garza had his alleged $100m in capital he could perhaps back the value of Paycoin at $20 per and actually make good on the promise. It's unlikely, but possible.
And yet here's what happened: not only did Garza not fulfill his promise to back the value of Paycoin at $20 per coin, but himself and his administrators seem to be actively re-writing history, scrubbing their forum of any mention of that promise. This moves it from fool's errand to the realm of deception.
The coin now sits around $5, and Garza is claiming he never promised $20. We believe this satisfies a high threshold of evidence as fraud, and so we have decided to remove Paycoin from www.ShapeShift.io
The market has spoken. We will be at the Miami Conference if anyone would like to discuss this issue further with us.
-The ShapeShift.io Team
Relevant evidence:
Garza promising to buy Paycoin at $20 per (archived since it's been deleted) https://archive.today/W3OTH
Garza again promising a $20 price (archived since it's been deleted) https://i.imgur.com/OVQdmym.png
Garza Tweeting a $20 price guarantee http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8uqr_DdF00oJ:https://twitter.com/gawceo/status/546944991747403776+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Garza's justification post on Hashtalk after the promise was renegged https://hashtalk.org/topic/26931/xpy-price-floor

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: