Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:39:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Logo Design for Bitcoin  (Read 1381 times)
calci

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:30:01 PM

Basic text logos with no creativity, put on graphicriver.net mockups to make them look cool. lol this is a joke.

Charging a very large amount on the first work on the forum is too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaliceRed

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:41:40 AM

Personally, I think that graphics designers are under appreciated. Like, true graphics designers who actually put in effort and not copy and pasta.

Then again, it sort of depends on the point of view. The idea is, a branding for your business or company is just as important as making yourself presentable. If you spend 0.1 btc on a logo, chances are you're not going to get a really good logo. And it shows.

Ultimately, I think its fair to say that the consumers should decide on if op's work is worth the asking price.

Malice Red Designs

Logos // Branding // U.Is // Banners
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:14:41 AM

This is exactly my thinking on the matter. I would rather pay more and have more time and care put into my logo than skimp and get something which necessarily had very little effort put into it. If you're doing a one-off experimental MVP, fine, pay $5 for a logo that someone threw together in a minute or two. But if you're getting ready to put some real time and effort into something, you've got to make it look good.

That said, I recognize I'm taking a risk on an untried designer here. I've benefited in the past from other people who've taken risks like that, so I consider this paying it forward. Like I said, I'll let you all know how it goes, and hopefully it pans out for me.
MaliceRed

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 01:25:41 AM

This is exactly my thinking on the matter. I would rather pay more and have more time and care put into my logo than skimp and get something which necessarily had very little effort put into it. If you're doing a one-off experimental MVP, fine, pay $5 for a logo that someone threw together in a minute or two. But if you're getting ready to put some real time and effort into something, you've got to make it look good.

That said, I recognize I'm taking a risk on an untried designer here. I've benefited in the past from other people who've taken risks like that, so I consider this paying it forward. Like I said, I'll let you all know how it goes, and hopefully it pans out for me.
Please let us know how it goes. I'm pretty interested in what sort of work you get for the asking price, no pressure on OP. I'm just a fellow graphics designer, who is curious about the pricing plans that other graphics artists are using.

Malice Red Designs

Logos // Branding // U.Is // Banners
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:41:43 AM

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. I've been swamped with work and writing a review here just kept getting pushed to the bottom of the list. I wanted to do a really solid, play-by-play review, but I've just got too much higher-priority stuff going on.

TL;DR: I'm happy with the service I received.

After filling out the form and sending the bitcoin requested, I received an automated email confirming my order. There was silence for a while after that, so I emailed Ivan around three days later and received an apology shortly after stating that he'd been having issues with his email and hadn't received the order notification.

Four days after that, I received an email (which went straight to my spam folder, so it's good thing I'd been checking there) with eight proposed logo designs. After a few days of consideration I chose the one I liked best. Two days later I received an email with two zip files and a PDF. The PDF was a single-page "corporate identity" guideline, with hex codes for the colors used in the logo and the name of the font, as well as various renderings of the logo: buttons, an app icon, a vertically-oriented logo, a horizontally-oriented logo, and a "general use" logo. One of the zip files contained various 3D renderings of the logo: the app icon rendered in brushed metal, the "general use" logo rendered in brushed-metal-on-leather, the "general use" logo rendered in embossed-foil-on-paper, and the vertical logo on a piece of paper with a suggested mission statement underneath, hung from string and paper clamps in front of a white wall. The other zip file contained the logos and the app icon from the corporate identity PDF as PNGs, plus a white-on-transparent rendering of the "general use" logo. All the PNGs in that zip file were 1000 pixels on their longest side.

You can see the logo I chose up on my placeholder website at http://liftofflabs.co/
iraszl (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:52:41 AM

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. I've been swamped with work and writing a review here just kept getting pushed to the bottom of the list. I wanted to do a really solid, play-by-play review, but I've just got too much higher-priority stuff going on.

TL;DR: I'm happy with the service I received.

After filling out the form and sending the bitcoin requested, I received an automated email confirming my order. There was silence for a while after that, so I emailed Ivan around three days later and received an apology shortly after stating that he'd been having issues with his email and hadn't received the order notification.

Four days after that, I received an email (which went straight to my spam folder, so it's good thing I'd been checking there) with eight proposed logo designs. After a few days of consideration I chose the one I liked best. Two days later I received an email with two zip files and a PDF. The PDF was a single-page "corporate identity" guideline, with hex codes for the colors used in the logo and the name of the font, as well as various renderings of the logo: buttons, an app icon, a vertically-oriented logo, a horizontally-oriented logo, and a "general use" logo. One of the zip files contained various 3D renderings of the logo: the app icon rendered in brushed metal, the "general use" logo rendered in brushed-metal-on-leather, the "general use" logo rendered in embossed-foil-on-paper, and the vertical logo on a piece of paper with a suggested mission statement underneath, hung from string and paper clamps in front of a white wall. The other zip file contained the logos and the app icon from the corporate identity PDF as PNGs, plus a white-on-transparent rendering of the "general use" logo. All the PNGs in that zip file were 1000 pixels on their longest side.

You can see the logo I chose up on my placeholder website at http://liftofflabs.co/

Thanks for the review!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: