Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in 2015: Your Predictions  (Read 2530 times)
BitPost (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:17:31 PM

Hey guys,

There were many thoughts expressed by Bitcoin experts about 2015 forecasts. But we'd like to hear the voice of community. What do you think will happen to Bitcoin in the upcoming year? Are you optimistic or pessimistic? What makes you think so? Please, speak out. We'd like to hear more opinions.

Started a thread on Reddit as well:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2r7cy2/bitcoin_in_2015_your_predictions/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:24:49 PM

I'm going to go with the cast iron solid prediction that price will go sideways, better than 50% of the time.  Grin

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:30:47 PM

I think many consumer killer applications will come out in 2015, the ecosystem will be getting more comprehensive and perfect, fundamental factors will come out to increase its intrinsic value to support its price.

BitPost (OP)

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:35:23 PM

Hey guys,

There were many thoughts expressed by Bitcoin experts about 2015 forecasts. But we'd like to hear the voice of community. What do you think will happen to Bitcoin in the upcoming year? Are you optimistic or pessimistic? What makes you think so? Please, speak out. We'd like to hear more opinions.

Optimistic or pessimistic about the price or the technology and the developments happening?

Actually, it may concern anything. Starting from the Bitcoin price, and ending up with more in-depth issues, such as technology & developments
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 02:49:46 PM

I try to be optimistic. I mean what else can go wrong from here. There is no more Mt Gox. People are gaining trust in the system. Microsoft is trying it out to see if it works. Not to mention Paypal. Forget about the price. If it drops, I'm sure there are many who are willing to buy at lower price, pushing it back up once again.

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 02:53:16 PM

well, im optimist, i think the key is that more and more companys are accepting the btc, and thats pretty good for all of us.

just look at companys like microsoft who is trying it now.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
rayson

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:06:19 PM

bitcoin 2015
LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:16:24 PM

Currently feeling that it drops to 220$. I've never seen the drop comin' so fast.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:24:29 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 04:08:53 PM by QuestionAuthority

The price will go up and down and up and down. Someone will come up with a new thin SPV client (as if I want to trust a full node other than my own) and no one will prune the blockchain to reduce its ridiculous torrent worthy size. Someone will release the news of another portable device, phone interface or card that holds Bitcoins to use at a store but the userbase won't grow enough for new devices to have value. Someone will release the news of a new Bitcoin NFC creation because all the phones are headed that way. 50 new scammers will be caught. At least 1/3 or more of them will be businesses. A couple of exchanges will fail either due to regulations or fraud/incompetence of the owner. The Bitcoin Foundation will be involved in another major scandal. A handful of new bugs will be discovered in the main client and it will be updated a half dozen more times but remain in beta. The forum will become more and more of a resource for law enforcement and the admin will get an increasing number of subpoenas for information to support current cases. BitPay will convince another handful of large corporations to accept Bitcoin using a zero fee deal. Small miners will continue to be pushed out of the market as technology changes and old pools die focusing the mining effort into the hands of fewer large pools and large farms. At least one country in the world will ban Bitcoin and one will welcome it. There will be 200 or more new "who's satoshi" threads.  

I can't wait to come back here in a year and check this.

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:27:38 PM

Bitcoin will go more mainstream, everyday I see more and more online sites accepting it as a payment method, hopefully with bigger volume price will stabilise bit more or even go up slightly. On the other hand I see more and more sites accepting Paypal (not such popular in my country) so it will be a fierce competition as it's still much, much easier to fund Paypal account than buy BTC.
I wonder when one of the banks will offer direct buying BTC via their internet banking system, if ever  Huh

dmugetsu

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:58:41 PM

it will sky rocketed because of the positive respond from big company
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:38:49 PM

After last year, I really believe we will at least stabilize a lot and I expect the price to be at least above $500 at the end of the year - although this is just pure speculation on my side...

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:41:05 PM

New ATH in 2015 around $5500
carlosiness

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:42:08 PM

I believe it will be more stabilized as more and more companies get involved into it

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED, BUT THIS ASSHOLE DIDN'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD. I DON'T USED THIS FORUM FOR AGES. YOU COULD SEE IT FROM MY ACTIVITY. I USED THIS FORUM FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BTC FROM SIGNATURES.. NOW I SEE TERRIBLE POSTS AND CRIMINAL OFFENSE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL WHO HARMED FROM THIS LAYER ASSHOLE.. I exported my outbox when he was doing dirty jobs.. OUTBOX HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:43:40 PM

That would be truly awesome, could you name some reasons why you believe this is going to happen? If this really holds true, I believe it will happen due to pure speculation and the typical increase of media attention at some point, followed by a new influx of money.

ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 04:59:28 PM

My Predictions is around $500-$600 in the mid of this year.

Wow you're so very optimistic Cheesy
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:59:41 PM

I think by late spring we will see ATH

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:03:24 PM

That would be truly awesome, could you name some reasons why you believe this is going to happen? If this really holds true, I believe it will happen due to pure speculation and the typical increase of media attention at some point, followed by a new influx of money.

Heavily manipulated market. Lots of newbie selling low into strong hands. In order for Bitcoin to prove to the world how resilient it is we need to head into the low $200's - perhaps lower. Then rebound with great strength to around $5000. Anyone who sold or made fun of Bitcoin in 2014 will look like a fool. This same exact thing happened in during the bubble/crash of 2011-2012
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:18:53 PM

Heavily manipulated market. Lots of newbie selling low into strong hands. In order for Bitcoin to prove to the world how resilient it is we need to head into the low $200's - perhaps lower. Then rebound with great strength to around $5000. Anyone who sold or made fun of Bitcoin in 2014 will look like a fool. This same exact thing happened in during the bubble/crash of 2011-2012

Yeah, this is mostly what I'm thinking as well. We had 2 serious bubbles in 2013 and I do get why the price at the beginning of 2014 may not have been sustainable at that time, but I do believe that we are undervalued at this time. If we go above $2500, I'd be content Smiley

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:06:01 PM

the last major spike was extinguished very quickly by china and mtgox
they are out the way now

low price is manipulation, miners dumping , very thin exchange volumes and new large adopters autoselling

when the major price rises come they will be sustained imo and bottom out at a MUCH higher price than now
because of the shortlived nature of last spike, when we get anywhere near $1k again, people will sell everything so as not to get caught out twice
this is when the bullwhales corner the market imo
people will never be able to get back in again without paying a premium imho

good times ahead in 2015

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: