Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:12:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro Truck Simulator  (Read 487 times)
ensurance982 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:47:36 PM

Has anyone of you played that game "Euro Truck Simulator"? I just watched a video of a guy playing that game using his Occulus Rift VR-set (Really freaky virtual reality glasses): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMT98U_iilY
Really blows my mind what is readily available these days. If those people who relax driving in Euro Truck Simulator drove a real truck, though, they'd be making some money on the side even!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:42:52 PM

lol drinking drunk is never a good idea. Even in a game, but it was funny as hell.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:46:57 PM

The occulus rift looks like an incredibly idea, I especially like the games that actually have your hands being rendered in real time, but you can bet it's going to be ruined by facebook because they're going to want to spam the fuck out of you and force you to sign up to it before you can use it at all.

Hopefully there will be several much better copycat versions of it that come out later.
ensurance982 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:51:10 PM

The occulus rift looks like an incredibly idea, I especially like the games that actually have your hands being rendered in real time, but you can bet it's going to be ruined by facebook because they're going to want to spam the fuck out of you and force you to sign up to it before you can use it at all.

Hopefully there will be several much better copycat versions of it that come out later.

I believe there will always be people willing to push the technology even further in case it is being locked to facebook artificially. If there's a market for something, people will go and provide the services and goods for it.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

By the way, thanks for providing me a hilarious source of entertainment for the evening, LOL driving a truck drunk virtually Cheesy
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:00:19 PM

Man that is crazy!!! That guy is even getting drunk driving that truck. And he gets involved in quite some accidents. They should let people do this in driving school! Everyone has to get drunk and drive a truck using an occulus rift! Man this is going to revolutionize everything!

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:05:40 PM

I do not think that Facebook has any incentive to do so. They know the market of the Oculus Rift device well enough that they will not attempt any sort of annoying advertisement. They spent $2,000,000,000 on the acquisition of the Oculus VR company and I am sure that they will do their best to avoid losing customers. Although many may think Facebook is a "bad" company, it is in fact one of the most innovative tech companies in the world today.
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:27:17 PM

I do not think that Facebook has any incentive to do so. They know the market of the Oculus Rift device well enough that they will not attempt any sort of annoying advertisement. They spent $2,000,000,000 on the acquisition of the Oculus VR company and I am sure that they will do their best to avoid losing customers. Although many may think Facebook is a "bad" company, it is in fact one of the most innovative tech companies in the world today.

Yeah man, you don't need to like them, but obviously they are doing things right - otherwise they wouldn't make the kind of money they do! They seem to know their stuff and this could just be another way for them to make money -> diversify your assets.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: