Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xubuntu 14.10 issue  (Read 1129 times)
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:53:26 PM

Just installed electrum via the instructions on electrum.org and when I run electrum and try to create a new wallet I enter a loop where it says "Electrum could not find an existing wallet." every time I press next. And that's all I can do no matter what option I choose. It's completely broken Sad.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:55:29 PM

Just installed electrum via the instructions on electrum.org and when I run electrum and try to create a new wallet I enter a loop where it says "Electrum could not find an existing wallet." every time I press next. And that's all I can do no matter what option I choose. It's completely broken Sad.

This doesn't appear to be related to "Technical discussion about Satoshi's Bitcoin client and the Bitcoin network in general. No third-party sites/clients, bug reports that do not require much discussion (use github), or support requests."

So you'll likely get more responses in the correct forum.  ;-)

Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:00:36 PM

This doesn't appear to be related to "Technical discussion about Satoshi's Bitcoin client and the Bitcoin network in general. No third-party sites/clients, bug reports that do not require much discussion (use github), or support requests."

So you'll likely get more responses in the correct forum.  ;-)

Oh shit, I have the electrum sub forum opened in another tab. Sorry, didn't realize I posted this here.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:39:47 PM

Doesn't bother me, but better help is there I bet. :-)
allgoodthings1

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:29:34 PM

Don't you have Electrum in the system repository?  It's there on Ubuntu from 14.04.  That makes it incredibly easy to download and update.

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0
Avoid U.S. Taxes on Bitcoin. Give to Charity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627860.0
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:03:02 PM

Don't you have Electrum in the system repository?  It's there on Ubuntu from 14.04.  That makes it incredibly easy to download and update.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure the version I got was the latest verison that's not the 2.0 beta. I just followed the instructions on the electrum website to install it. probably apt-get or something, i don't remember if i downloaded a package or just did it that way, but I'm thinking it was apt-get.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:18:35 PM

Have you tried typing "electrum create" in a terminal window?
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:43:28 PM

That worked. Thanks! Smiley
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:23:25 AM

Just installed Electrum on xUbuntu 14.10 and had the same issue, the gui fails to create the wallet file.

''electrum create" does however work

{ BitSpill }
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:31:53 PM

That worked. Thanks! Smiley

Great. Hopefully these bugs get ironed out in the next release.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: