Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a web developer for a new retail website that accepts bitcoins  (Read 1422 times)
cheapster (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 06:50:29 AM

I want to create a website to facilitate the purchase of commodities produced in Cambodia.  I want a simple format for 4 or 5 products, a page for each, and a way to 'check out'.  I also need someone who wants to enjoy seeing if this project succeeds and can work with me in getting it off the ground.  I don't think it will take a whole lot of effort to set up the website.  I'd be more interested in giving you a piece of equity than paying you up-front because I'm not sure yet how plausible the idea is.  So if you have some patience and are looking for an interesting project then please send me a message.  Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:46:01 PM

I want to create a website to facilitate the purchase of commodities produced in Cambodia.  I want a simple format for 4 or 5 products, a page for each, and a way to 'check out'.  I also need someone who wants to enjoy seeing if this project succeeds and can work with me in getting it off the ground.  I don't think it will take a whole lot of effort to set up the website.  I'd be more interested in giving you a piece of equity than paying you up-front because I'm not sure yet how plausible the idea is.  So if you have some patience and are looking for an interesting project then please send me a message.  Cheers!

The term commodities has a specific meaning, and generally refers to goods like "rice" or "beef".  Did you instead intent mean to refer to manufactured products that are fairly general (i.e., brand name isn't important ... where the product is "generic"?)

There are a number of ways to easily test the market.

Such as BitMit:
 - http://www.bitmit.net

And you don't even need to give up any equity to use it!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

cheapster (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 01:20:40 AM

I meant coffee, pepper, silk, rice, and maybe some others.  That's a great site though, I'll definitely be using it.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:55:41 AM

I meant coffee, pepper, silk, rice, and maybe some others.  That's a great site though, I'll definitely be using it.

Sorry, to me ... Cambodia + commodities = coke.

That would be awesome, getting good stuff straight from the source Cool

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

tosaki

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:11:47 AM

That sounds interesting.

Do you want to send the goods from Cambodia to the rest of the world or are you importing such products and want to distribute it in your country? Or do you want a special market for Cambodia Bitcoiners?!
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 04:21:41 AM

If your interested you can use the Cheaper In Bitcoins dot com platform. We are almost done implementing the API system to allow external websites integrate with the CIB website
cheapster (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:42:24 AM

@tosaki:  I want to export Cambodian goods.  Everything here is very cheap and of much higher quality than they get credit for.  I put a listing on bitmit for pepper: http://www.bitmit.net/en/trade/i/4451-1-2-ounce-bag-cambodian-pepper-corns
I tried adding a listing for coffee but am having problems with the site.

@xenland:  Thanks.  I don't have high expectations for this project but if I ever get a website going I'll definitely be using it.
tosaki

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:59:32 AM

@cheapster, PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: