Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:02:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 0.5 BTC for Debt Refinancing | $250 repayment  (Read 639 times)
ArmyMP (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:47:16 PM

About four months ago I decided rather than go to college, that I want to do something more productive with my time. After quite a lot of thought, I enlisted into the Army with the MOS of Military Police. My parents on the other hand were distraught at this career choice and kicked me out of their house as a result. Since then my life has been filled with financial distress and emotional struggle. I have managed to get by the last few months with absolutely zero income. Along the way I have accrued a bitcoin debt of .5 BTC. I ship out January 5th (THIS MONDAY) to Fort Leonardwood for my OSUT. During the next 20 weeks, I will not have access to a computer, and will not be able to repay this debt of .5 BTC. If my current bitcoin debts are not paid within 60 days, they will go into a legal arbitration and cause even further stress for me.

I am requesting that someone help me out by lending me .5 to repay this debt before I ship out. For repayment, as previously stated, I wont have access to bitcoins or a computer; however I can mail you a check. For repayment, I will mail you a check for $250 as soon as I get my first paycheck. This should be in about a month, but could take a little longer.

I am aware that I am a new account with zero posts, you should be aware of this as well. Although I am lacking in reputation, does not mean I am being dishonest with you. I am willing to fully verify my identity with any serious lender, and make any agreement official between us beforehand. Keep in mind I only have two more days. Additionally if any highly trusted member wants to help by verifying my story and vouching for its legitimacy, you can post here and pm me requesting what ever information you would like.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:12:37 PM

This sounds very familiar to me. You don't happen to be an alt of strungoutbtc do you?

Sent.  Sorry for few days lateness.  I am in the Navy Reserve, and was only able to get online using my phone for a few days.  I sent an extra bit, I hope that's ok.  Thank you again for the loan.

Either way a check is reversible and without collateral someone with an account with one post (the post asking for a loan) is not going to repay any loan they ask for

ArmyMP (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:24:06 PM

This sounds very familiar to me. You don't happen to be an alt of strungoutbtc do you?

Sent.  Sorry for few days lateness.  I am in the Navy Reserve, and was only able to get online using my phone for a few days.  I sent an extra bit, I hope that's ok.  Thank you again for the loan.

Either way a check is reversible and without collateral someone with an account with one post (the post asking for a loan) is not going to repay any loan they ask for

No relation to strungoutbtc what so ever. I am sorry if there is an abundance of loan scams, but that doesnt mean I have to be considered one point blank; although you should have suspicion and not just blindly trust my word. As previously stated, I will verify my identity, story, and agree to repayment in any form of binding and legal agreement requested

Additionally if a Check in the mail is too much for someone, I can offer repayment in 5 months (as soon as I get out of training), but I would assume the earlier the payment, the better.
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:47:12 PM

Sent.  Sorry for few days lateness.  I am in the Navy Reserve, and was only able to get online using my phone for a few days.  I sent an extra bit, I hope that's ok.  Thank you again for the loan.

No relation to strungoutbtc what so ever. I am sorry if there is an abundance of loan scams, but that doesnt mean I have to be considered one point blank; although you should have suspicion and not just blindly trust my word. As previously stated, I will verify my identity, story, and agree to repayment in any form of binding and legal agreement requested

Additionally if a Check in the mail is too much for someone, I can offer repayment in 5 months (as soon as I get out of training), but I would assume the earlier the payment, the better.

Being active duty means that any lender cannot actively collect from you without going through a very long and expensive process (SCRA). Even if the lender could collect from you there is nothing to stop you from filing bankruptcy which would make any loan contract worthless

ArmyMP (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:54:24 PM

Bankruptcy is not something I am looking to file over my $150 debt. Although yes, it might be difficult for a lender to collect debt if I decide to default on my loans; but that is not worth risking my career over.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 09:34:51 PM

I am sorry if there is an abundance of loan scams, but that doesnt mean I have to be considered one point blank;

Actually, yes it does.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 09:38:22 PM

Bankruptcy is not something I am looking to file over my $150 debt. Although yes, it might be difficult for a lender to collect debt if I decide to default on my loans; but that is not worth risking my career over.

Wow, either you made a very reckless decision or your parents suck.  Do you not have any other friends/family willing to give you a couple hundred bucks?  No friends in the military? Roll Eyes
ArmyMP (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:51:55 PM

I am sorry if there is an abundance of loan scams, but that doesnt mean I have to be considered one point blank;

Actually, yes it does.

I completely agree that any perspective investor should deal with caution, and be cautious of any loan requests. Being my first post is requesting a loan, and there is zero reputation to back my requests; I agree that people should consider this a possible scam. But please do not rule out this loan all together, as my offer is genuine. I hope that at least one person will see through all the lies and distrust associated with dealings online, and trust in me and my offer.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:51:06 PM

Yup confirmed scam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: