Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 01:09:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change directory of Armory folder in Windows, from App data\Roaming?  (Read 2388 times)
jwputrl (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:58:11 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 09:12:28 PM by jwputrl

I have been running Armory from my Windows PC, with the blockchain stored on an external hard drive (I set "Bitcoin Home Dir" to the path of the folder on the external drive, in Settings).

I now realise there is a similar-sized database in [user]\App data\Roaming\Armory.  I'd really like to move this to the external drive too as it takes up 32Gb.  I thought it might require setting "Bitcoin Install Dir" to the external drive, as above.  But that doesn't work, and every time I run Armory it creates a new folder in \App data\Roaming.

I imagine there is an option to set all this when you install Armory initially (?) but I hoped to avoid having to reinstate my wallets etc (possibly irrational but not v confident of what I'm doing and what this would involve.  Yes I do have a paper backup  Smiley but still..).

Sorry for newbiness of question, and grateful for any help.

Edit: ah, sorry, am now watching the tutorial.  Apologies.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:06:40 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 01:57:09 PM by Muhammed Zakir

If your problem is solved, please lock the thread to avoid future spams.

For users, who want to move the Armory and Bitcoin core files to a new directory, follow:

Check whether this works or not:

Quote from: bitcoinarmory.com/troubleshooting/#q5
Close Bitcoin Core and Armory and then, navigate to alternate Bitcoin Core storage location and create the new target dir. Move everything from your Bitcoin Core home dir (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin) to the new target dir.

Navigate to the original Armory installation folder:
  • 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory
  • 64-bit: C:\Program Files\Armory

Right-click on the file ArmoryQt.exe Select Send to and select Desktop (create shortcut). Go to your desktop, right click the new shortcut just created, and select Properties, select the Shortcut tab. Next, go to the Target field and add the following command line arguments to the end: --satoshi-datadir="new location" --datadir="new location". Start Armory using the newly created shortcut

For example, "C:\Program Files\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe"  --satoshi-datadir="F:\Bitcoin\new\home\dir" --datadir="F:\Armory\new\home\dir".

P.S. If you just want to move the databases, then add command --dbdir="<new location>"

~~MZ~~

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: