Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2018, 05:23:38 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed with receiving bitcoins/withdrawal (MTGOX)  (Read 1026 times)
jakkal2012

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 11:58:12 AM

So I funded my MTGOX account with £40 (equating to about 9 bitcoins), and chose withdraw and used up the full amount, sending it to my bitcoin wallet with my address. However, when I look into my transactions, it comes up with the payment greyed out, and there's nothign in my wallet.

It claims I have 0/6 verifications(?) or something, and I wondered what this is? Is there a sort of 'clearing' period before I can access my money? Or have I done something majorly wrong?

Thank-you in advance! I'm starting to get to grips with this a little bit, I think, but this one has me puzzled...

*EDIT* Ah, I apologise, just looked into it some more, and this is just standard procedure whilst the bitcoins make it to the block chain...? How long do I have to wait?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1063

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:01:54 PM

So I funded my MTGOX account with £40 (equating to about 9 bitcoins), and chose withdraw and used up the full amount, sending it to my bitcoin wallet with my address. However, when I look into my transactions, it comes up with the payment greyed out, and there's nothign in my wallet.

It claims I have 0/6 verifications(?) or something, and I wondered what this is? Is there a sort of 'clearing' period before I can access my money? Or have I done something majorly wrong?

Thank-you in advance! I'm starting to get to grips with this a little bit, I think, but this one has me puzzled...
If it has showed up in the Bitcoin client as 0/6 confirmations, then MTGox has sent the coins out to you already. It'll be confirmed shortly (approx. 10 mins). This is a design of bitcoin system - I'd suggest you take a look here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Confirmation

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

jakkal2012

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:12:13 PM

If it has showed up in the Bitcoin client as 0/6 confirmations, then MTGox has sent the coins out to you already. It'll be confirmed shortly (approx. 10 mins). This is a design of bitcoin system - I'd suggest you take a look here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Confirmation

Thank-you! This really helps. Gotta say, everyone here has been super helpful since I've joined, and it's made this whole process a lot easier. Can I only pay someone from my wallet once this transaction's been cleared then?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1063

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:13:54 PM

Thank-you! This really helps. Gotta say, everyone here has been super helpful since I've joined, and it's made this whole process a lot easier. Can I only pay someone from my wallet once this transaction's been cleared then?
No problems. You can pay once there is a single confirmation if I am not wrong.

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.