Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh it's far from over...  (Read 3129 times)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4014

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:32:29 PM

I am not sure what is the gist of this thread.
Yeah, price is low when it was high before. You can come up with multiple reasons for it. It does not matter.
What does matter (at least for me)- the price of bitcoin in 5-20 years.
OP talks about mastercard, amex, points, etc. Everybody got tons of plastic, including myself.
GOOD for us all, but fundamentally this is funny money if you can print it at will.
At some point fundamentals will matter, as they ALWAYS do.
Bitcoin is a hedge against this possibility, no more or less. It is silly to have a majority of funds in bitcoin right now, but to have a meaningful % seems prudent.
Bitcoin could be compared to a little Mesozoic mice-like creature from which all mammals had sprung once the dominant dinosaurs went extinct.
However, this development was entirely random (due to asteroid, etc.) and could have not happen.
Hence, Bitcoin is basically a backup system (in case the dominant system goes tits up). I consider it as such and it makes my life easier and more interesting.
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:33:17 PM

Can't decide if I should put another 2000 USD in bitcoin now, or wait and see if it goes even lower Undecided

Bitcoin could just as easily drop another $25, $50 or even $100. I would play careful. Only risk what you truly can afford to lose.

The estimate trading widget on BitcoinWisdom shows a single flash sale of 20,000 BTC would take the price sub $200.

20,000 BTC sell offs are not unheard of.

I'm a great believer in decentralization in the long run, so many of the problems of today can be solved by not having trusted 3rd parties. All these solutions will have to be powered by a crypto currency, and bitcoin still seems to be the obvious choice. I'm looking an the fundamentals and I'm buying to hold for years to come. But thanks for the warning Smiley
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:44:08 PM

Can't decide if I should put another 2000 USD in bitcoin now, or wait and see if it goes even lower Undecided

Bitcoin could just as easily drop another $25, $50 or even $100. I would play careful. Only risk what you truly can afford to lose.

The estimate trading widget on BitcoinWisdom shows a single flash sale of 20,000 BTC would take the price sub $200.

It's possible but it could easily go back to more than 300$ too.
applesRyummy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:34:42 PM

I don't think we would see that large of a flash sale. We may see some kind of a bear whale selling off their bitcoin however I would doubt they would be in so much of a hurry that they sell at whatever price they have to.
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:12:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzigaTSPZY

video on bitcoin over  last 2 days
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: