Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:42:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jered Kenna - give my mate his btc back  (Read 4557 times)
nqwi (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:22:08 PM

http://blockexplorer.com/a/GgkPtoqhM

My friend paid Jered 98.374 btc mid last year and Jered has not returned them.

My friend and I have asked Jered through the info address as well as via Twitter to return my mate's btc. No response and it looks like he's been inactive on all media. Anyone have any alternative contact info?

It's not a fortune but it's something and it's not rightfully his.

Jered, if you read this have the decency to respond.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 12:25:52 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81644.msg903109#msg903109

That's his account, isn't very active on the forums anymore but the email listed there should work. Have you used that one yet?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
nqwi (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:39:40 PM

Thanks bad bear. My mate emailed info@tradehill.com address several weeks ago but no response.
mrbrown
VIP

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:10:15 PM

he still owes me 4500$ since tradehill collapsed , he doesn't respond to my emails nothing..hes a scammer
oddity

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:19:51 AM

I have also been trying to collect funds from tradehill.

I've recieved no replies to emails (sent to info@tradehill.com) and have also tried to contact Jared on facebook and twitter with no response.

There is another thread on this forum with a mobile number [(415) 409-9867]. I today sent a sms but no reply yet.

If anyone has any other information on how to contact tradehill it would be greatly appreciated!
nqwi (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:04:25 AM

Well my friend has tried calling that mobile number but has been unable to get through.

If anyone has any details of how Jered Kenna can be contacted (other than the info@tradehill address which doesn't work and the mobile number which doesn't work) we would be most grateful. Also, if anyone is in contact with Jered and can pass our request that he pay these BTC back it would also be appreciated.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Well my friend has tried calling that mobile number but has been unable to get through.

If anyone has any details of how Jered Kenna can be contacted (other than the info@tradehill address which doesn't work and the mobile number which doesn't work) we would be most grateful. Also, if anyone is in contact with Jered and can pass our request that he pay these BTC back it would also be appreciated.

He was working on the 20 Mission project with Jonathan Ryan Owens but JRO seems to have recently gone missing in action and stopped answering calls/emails too.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 01:54:53 AM

I would avoid having anything to do with JRO or any projects he is associated with.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:01:38 AM

This thread should be deleted for being obvious bullshit. Get out of here making accusations about Tradehill with your 12 post count, OP.  Angry

I'm grumpy!!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:03:42 AM

maybe I should claim the same and make a thread with no evidence I really sent the coins.....and then claim someone is a scammer!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

nqwi (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:03:48 AM

This thread should be deleted for being obvious bullshit. Get out of here making accusations about Tradehill with your 12 post count, OP.  Angry

You can make of the claim what you will. There are a number of other threads where Jered has been tardy in repaying funds despite repeated requests, and several other posts of people claiming not to have received a return of funds at all. Whether these claims are bullshit is understandably an open question in your mind, but it's certainly not "obvious" that they're bullshit and Mr Kenna failing to respond should certainly raise some questions as to whether this claim, among other claims, may in fact be legitimate.
nqwi (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:07:02 AM

maybe I should claim the same and make a thread with no evidence I really sent the coins.....and then claim someone is a scammer!

I don't really see how evidence could be posted without compromising my friend's privacy and security. Any evidence would of course be submitted directly to Jered Kenna (including an e-mail from the e-mail address registered with the account at Tradehill) should Jered Kenna provide contact details.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:15:02 AM

I don't really see how evidence could be posted without compromising my friend's privacy and security. Any evidence would of course be submitted directly to Jered Kenna (including an e-mail from the e-mail address registered with the account at Tradehill) should Jered Kenna provide contact details.

If there is no way to give evidence on your part, what is the true purpose of a public complaint and why should anyone take it seriously?

nqwi (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:40:04 AM

If there is no way to give evidence on your part, what is the true purpose of a public complaint and why should anyone take it seriously?

There are a couple of useful purposes. Firstly, it may draw Jered Kenna's attention to the fact of the claim, in the event that he is not aware of it (for my part I consider this doubtful, but who knows). Secondly, someone may be able to provide some information on where he may be or how he may be contacted. Thirdly, if he is in fact deliberately avoiding paying (because he is lazy, too "busy" or because he reckons he can now get away with it) he may reconsider his position if his reputation may be affected. Finally, it would encourage others to question his integrity when dealing with him in the future.

As far your question, "why should anyone take it seriously", you don't need to unless you plan to deal with Mr Kenna. If you do plan to deal with Mr Kenna in the future or trust him with your money, you don't have to believe what I am saying; you just have to weigh for yourself the risk of dealing with him based on the possibility of the truth of this (and other) claims or complaints. I have found forums like this to be an incredibly useful resource in assessing the integrity of individuals or businesses.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:21:20 AM

There are a couple of useful purposes. Firstly, it may draw Jered Kenna's attention to the fact of the claim, in the event that he is not aware of it (for my part I consider this doubtful, but who knows). Secondly, someone may be able to provide some information on where he may be or how he may be contacted. Thirdly, if he is in fact deliberately avoiding paying (because he is lazy, too "busy" or because he reckons he can now get away with it) he may reconsider his position if his reputation may be affected. Finally, it would encourage others to question his integrity when dealing with him in the future.

As far your question, "why should anyone take it seriously", you don't need to unless you plan to deal with Mr Kenna. If you do plan to deal with Mr Kenna in the future or trust him with your money, you don't have to believe what I am saying; you just have to weigh for yourself the risk of dealing with him based on the possibility of the truth of this (and other) claims or complaints. I have found forums like this to be an incredibly useful resource in assessing the integrity of individuals or businesses.

My point is more of a general one. If I came here and said that you owed me money, but I refused to provide evidence of such, why would anyone take me seriously? Especially if I was an anonymous newbie on a forum with only 15 posts and was posting "for a friend"? It doesn't really add up. In my personal experiences, threads like these are usually created by people trying to attack others' images more than anything else. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing the point much.

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1136
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 02:05:32 PM

Don't take anything Matthew N Wright says seriously he's just a bought off faggot posting on behalf of people who enjoy ripping off other members of the community.

What he didn't remember to mention to you is that he's in business with these people which kind of deducts from the credibility of anything he's posting here.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:17:31 PM

Don't take anything Matthew N Wright says seriously he's just a bought off faggot posting on behalf of people who enjoy ripping off other members of the community.

What he didn't remember to mention to you is that he's in business with these people which kind of deducts from the credibility of anything he's posting here.
Chen, is that you?

nqwi (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:21:07 PM

My point is more of a general one. If I came here and said that you owed me money, but I refused to provide evidence of such, why would anyone take me seriously? Especially if I was an anonymous newbie on a forum with only 15 posts and was posting "for a friend"? It doesn't really add up. In my personal experiences, threads like these are usually created by people trying to attack others' images more than anything else. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing the point much.

The reason I'm posting on behalf of my friend is simply because I have an account here and he does not. As far as being a "newbie" is concerned, I've been registered for about a year now, which is not that different from many people here.

The hypothetical you give differs in a fundamental respect. If you came here and said that I owe you money and you were ready and willing to provide evidence to me, and I simply ignored this thread, I think a lot of people would take you seriously.

I remind you that I'm not asking anyone to pay my friend anything without evidence; I'm asking people for help to contact Jered so that evidence can be given to him.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:56:35 PM

I remind you that I'm not asking anyone to pay my friend anything without evidence; I'm asking people for help to contact Jered so that evidence can be given to him.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=73686.0

It appears that jered kenna has stolen my 100 bitcoins that I had in my account at his company tradehill.  I would appreciate any info there is on this guy.  He seems to be less than honarble!  His lack of response leaves me no choice but to assume this. I think everyone involved in the bit coin world should know this about him.
\
You're not the first to come here for the same purpose.

I would like everyone to know that Jered Kenna of trade hill has trasfered the bit coins in my trade hill account to my new account.  I kind of owe him an apology.  I really thought he was scamming me, and posted it on here.  He's a stand up guy!

And people have all been paid out who have asked as far as I can tell.

See this thread as well https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=73579.0

And this one:

Have you tried contacting him at info@tradehill.com? He's processing payouts through there fairly quickly.

Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:25:04 AM

Thanks bad bear. My mate emailed info@tradehill.com address several weeks ago but no response.

Granted, we don't know if that statement is true. But it does seem like contacting him is hit or miss, which could just mean he is a very busy person.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██